5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There are some threads on here with HK owners having buyers remorse. Some complain about either lack of bass or too much bass? I can’t remember. Wishing they had Alpine? I don’t recall exactly

Every sunroof I’ve ever had has leaked. We have permanent staining & mold issues on our $35,000 VW wagon after a dozen attempts of getting the drains cleaned and there’s supposedly a pinch weld issue as well. I’ve never had a sunroof that didn’t leak so I opted no sunroof. If you don’t live under a pine tree and don’t plan on keeping the truck for more than 7 years, then maybe it’s okay?

22” Wheels, easier to dent, easier to scratch, supposedly stiffer ride, less sidewall, pricier tires. Big wheels are style, nothing more. On all of my cars in the last 7 years, I’ve purchased smaller wheels every time. My Golf R that came with 19s runs 17s in Winter, 18s in summer (can’t run smaller than 17 due to brakes) and it doesn’t look as good but lower unsprung weight and no bent rims has been fantastic. I went night edition, therefore 22s but I will drop to 18s for Winter driving. 2021’s Winter lasted exactly (so far) 143 days from snow start to today which it snowed today as well so so I’ll be in winter mode almost half of every year and for that half, I’ll be on 18s. I’m Hoping to find an 18” setup with tire that really overhangs the wheel’s rim to keep curb damage to a minimum. Maybe i can find someone selling take-off OEM wheels here? Anyway, that’s my logic on all of that.

Limited rides great on 22"s, the air ride makes a huge difference. As for the HK, I love my 19 speaker system and have no complaints.

Cryptick

Reaction score
so with the chip shortage what is expected in the near future for prices on 1500s? I’m in the market to buy one but in no rush but now I’m wondering if the prices are going to skyrocket as supply will be so low. Would it be worth it going for a good deal on something close to what I want now rather than risking paying more later this summer/year?

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
so with the chip shortage what is expected in the near future for prices on 1500s? I’m in the market to buy one but in no rush but now I’m wondering if the prices are going to skyrocket as supply will be so low. Would it be worth it going for a good deal on something close to what I want now rather than risking paying more later this summer/year?
There is no such thing as a good deal on something you ultimately do not want. Wait for what makes you happy. If it turns out you have to wait for the ‘22s, well, ok.

Cryptick

Reaction score
There is no such thing as a good deal on something you ultimately do not want. Wait for what makes you happy. If it turns out you have to wait for the ‘22s, well, ok.
True. Unfortunately we went down to 1 car during covid as both worked from home. Now my wife goes back in September and I’ll need something for occasional work at clients. I guess I’m worried prices will skyrocket by September when I’ll be more forced to buy one

rbundy84

Reaction score
True. Unfortunately we went down to 1 car during covid as both worked from home. Now my wife goes back in September and I’ll need something for occasional work at clients. I guess I’m worried prices will skyrocket by September when I’ll be more forced to buy one
I’m kinda dealing with a decision on whether or not to buy now or wait. I got what I thought is a good price from Aaron....problem now is convincing my wife to let me trade in my car (Equinox which Carvana quoted me $10,800) for a new Limited custom build.....she wants to wait until after summer to order but I would like to get it in now as we wouldn’t take delivery for 10-13 weeks (or longer due to factory shutdowns)...

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m kinda dealing with a decision on whether or not to buy now or wait. I got what I thought is a good price from Aaron....problem now is convincing my wife to let me trade in my car (Equinox which Carvana quoted me $10,800) for a new Limited custom build.....she wants to wait until after summer to order but I would like to get it in now as we wouldn’t take delivery for 10-13 weeks (or longer due to factory shutdowns)...

I'd buy now, I waited last year and regretted it, prices aren't coming down

mophead

Reaction score
I'd buy now, I waited last year and regretted it, prices aren't coming down
Weird set of circumstances all coming together at the same time. Used car market through the roof. Supply of new steadily declining and pinched by supply chain. Coming out of lockdown (or not) so time to shop less, but demand should rise due to more miles driven, stimulus checks released. Other's have said seller's market. I'd agree. I'm still trying to get finances together to order but not so sure I want to wait for things to get worse. Considering leasing but the incentives just got whacked bigger than buying. I really don't want to settle, so I really want to order. I'm hoping May's incentives will improve considerably and I can get the money up. Don't want to be sitting here wishing in one hand and ... in the other. Maybe I should start a go fund me?

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey everybody. So I think I finally found my truck (well technically my wife did, bonus points!) and it’s in Texas (I’m in Florida). I’m going to email the dealership in the morning but now that it’s April, and I’ve heard it’s one of the worst months to buy a vehicle, what are all the rebates and things I should be asking for in addition to the dealer discount that’s shown on the website?
These are what I’ve found and seen on here so far:
PenFed $1,000
Tread lightly $500
True car $500
Allstate Bonus Drive $250
Sams club $600
US News Users $500
FFA $500

I’m guessing I can’t use them all due to rules/restrictions, but if I’m missing one here, please help me out!
Thanks guys!!

nwpahunter

Reaction score
For those that got the Ram mail coupon last month, how much was it for? I could use one this month, I filled out any form I could find on the Ram sight but no mailer yet.

Appyfan

Reaction score
For those that got the Ram mail coupon last month, how much was it for? I could use one this month, I filled out any form I could find on the Ram sight but no mailer yet.
Mine was for $1000. Try going to the website and clicking on request a brochure. If that doesn’t work, try an inventory search and request a quote or prequalify with Chrysler Capital. I did that, and my coupon had the dealer’s name of the truck I did the prequalify on. That’s not the dealer I ended up purchasing from, so that part doesn’t matter.

Cryptick

Reaction score
I see a lot of people mentioning Aaron with Mark dodge. Can anyone explain why he seems to be the go to on here? Is he also just custom builds or anything?

Nova90

Reaction score
I see a lot of people mentioning Aaron with Mark dodge. Can anyone explain why he seems to be the go to on here? Is he also just custom builds or anything?
His prices have generally been the lowest in the market & he has been willing to complete sold order consumer incentive protection to lock in incentives for orders. Phillip from Bud Clary in WA is also up there too. People have been buying from someone with the best price...that simple.

Cryptick

Reaction score
His prices have generally been the lowest in the market & he has been willing to complete sold order consumer incentive protection to lock in incentives for orders. Phillip from Bud Clary in WA is also up there too. People have been buying from someone with the best price...that simple.
Thanks! Is he pretty easy to work with or still takes some negotiating? I had a local guy (out of the game now) that always got me the best price and never had anyone beat him, so i haven't negotiated in a while.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Weird set of circumstances all coming together at the same time. Used car market through the roof. Supply of new steadily declining and pinched by supply chain. Coming out of lockdown (or not) so time to shop less, but demand should rise due to more miles driven, stimulus checks released. Other's have said seller's market. I'd agree. I'm still trying to get finances together to order but not so sure I want to wait for things to get worse. Considering leasing but the incentives just got whacked bigger than buying. I really don't want to settle, so I really want to order. I'm hoping May's incentives will improve considerably and I can get the money up. Don't want to be sitting here wishing in one hand and ... in the other. Maybe I should start a go fund me?
I agree with this. A lot of things contributing to my buying decision right now:
- Originally wanted a Laramie but without Blind Spot Notification and without the ability to add Advance Safety Group, I may be looking at a Limited
- My current vehicle is a 2014 Chevy Equinox with 92,000 miles on it and the price Carvana wants to give me is insane right now ($10,800 up from $9,200 earlier this year)
- Supply issues and factory closures due to the chip shortage has made current inventory almost nil
- Ordering (especially through Aaron who gave me a great price) a custom build appears to be the best solution
- Biggest obstacle now is convincing my wife as she doesn’t think I need a new car since my car is mechanically sound....however as someone pointed out earlier, prices aren’t going down...
- Maybe incentives improve in the next month or two so I can tell her “look the price went down!”

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Aaron is just one part of your 'net' you cast when looking for the best price and it seems, for those willing to make the drive, that Aaron is going to be the cheapest but if that doesn't matter to you, still good to have that price as a baseline when working with local dealers. They won't match his pricing due to volume differences but just know Aaron's price is with him still turning a profit on every truck sold so when he gives you 18% off and your local dealer gives you 5% off, you'll know they can go lower.

You can buy a car from Mark Dodge off the lot or special order one from Aaron and you'll get similar prices (% off MSRP). Aaron will give you the price without any incentives. I reached out to a dozen dealers with a build spec and Aaron beat them all by $3,500 well worth flying down and driving the truck home.

Hey everybody. So I think I finally found my truck (well technically my wife did, bonus points!) and it’s in Texas (I’m in Florida). I’m going to email the dealership in the morning but now that it’s April, and I’ve heard it’s one of the worst months to buy a vehicle, what are all the rebates and things I should be asking for in addition to the dealer discount that’s shown on the website?
These are what I’ve found and seen on here so far:
PenFed $1,000
Tread lightly $500
True car $500
Allstate Bonus Drive $250
Sams club $600
US News Users $500
FFA $500

I’m guessing I can’t use them all due to rules/restrictions, but if I’m missing one here, please help me out!
Thanks guys!!

You can't combine all of those but that's a good list.

Bonus Drive works with all of those. PenFed + Tread Lightly are the ones you can combine and are the best ones. If you use PenFed, any other true car discount can't be applied.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Speaking of Mark Dodge, their Limiteds dropped from an average of $9500 off to $12,250 off over the weekend. If there's anything on the lot you're looking at, these are some good savings. I particularly like there's a Limited 6'4" bed that, with discount + incentives costs the same as the base limited with nearly every feature:
https://www.markdodge.net/new-Lake+Charles-2021-RAM-1500-Limited-1C6SRFHT6MN651150

Don't forget 0% interest is carrying over too. If it was diesel, I'd cancel my sold order and get this. He rarely has Limited trucks with a 6'4" bed.

Cryptick

Reaction score
Aaron is just one part of your 'net' you cast when looking for the best price and it seems, for those willing to make the drive, that Aaron is going to be the cheapest but if that doesn't matter to you, still good to have that price as a baseline when working with local dealers. They won't match his pricing due to volume differences but just know Aaron's price is with him still turning a profit on every truck sold so when he gives you 18% off and your local dealer gives you 5% off, you'll know they can go lower.

You can buy a car from Mark Dodge off the lot or special order one from Aaron and you'll get similar prices (% off MSRP). Aaron will give you the price without any incentives. I reached out to a dozen dealers with a build spec and Aaron beat them all by $3,500 well worth flying down and driving the truck home.

You can't combine all of those but that's a good list.

Bonus Drive works with all of those. PenFed + Tread Lightly are the ones you can combine and are the best ones. If you use PenFed, any other true car discount can't be applied.
Appreciate all the info.

With the chip shortage is ordering still the go to for now y’all think?

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Speaking of Mark Dodge, their Limiteds dropped from an average of $9500 off to $12,250 off over the weekend. If there's anything on the lot you're looking at, these are some good savings. I particularly like there's a Limited 6'4" bed that, with discount + incentives costs the same as the base limited with nearly every feature:
https://www.markdodge.net/new-Lake+Charles-2021-RAM-1500-Limited-1C6SRFHT6MN651150

Don't forget 0% interest is carrying over too. If it was diesel, I'd cancel my sold order and get this. He rarely has Limited trucks with a 6'4" bed.

That one looks great, but the payload is 1050#. That's about as low as I've seen on 1500s. I know the RamBox is a pretty big hit on payload. Is the MFT?

Which engine weighs more, the EcoDiesel or the Hemi?

Users who are viewing this thread