5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, new here. Wondering what anyone thinks of this? New to truck buying and buying a vehicle in general but not new to sales. Seems like I can get a better deal. It looks like they're quoting me just above EP with rebate included (2% off invoice?) Sent out emails to 14 dealers yesterday, just waiting for responses.
You can do better. I know Aaron at Mark Dodge will do several thousand better. I also would check in with Mike Peralta ([email protected]) at Lakeland Dodge in FL. Tell Mike up front you received his contact info from 5ThGenRams and you're looking for bottom line price. I'd also let him know that you are working up quotes with a few other dealerships that were recommended from this site. You may be really pleased with the price he gives you.

Runagun

Reaction score
That was my thought. I was aiming for 20% off MSRP before rebates. I sent out quite a few emails, including to Aaron, but it seems like I would have gotten a few more responses by now if there were less dealers at their quotas.
Yeah no. Your shooting for the stars sadly you forget to wear your space suit. I want you to get the best deal out there. But dealers are going to laugh in your face. Even the best ones out there. I hope I'm wrong tho. Get more than 20% off msrp then you've done better then 95% of the people out there. Good luck

Satchamo

Reaction score
I think the synopsis of this thread should be get a price on a build from Aaron at Mark Dodge as he cuts straight through the BS and gets you well under invoice.

Take that price to local dealers - if they can’t beat it, go back to Aaron, order and layer on at least the true car or penfed with other monthly promotions and be happy because you got a smoking deal doing that.

If I was ready to order today I could have gotten the build I wanted ( big horn) for right under 40k before TTL. That’s f150 xl territory with way more bells and whistles.

ToopaCent

Reaction score
I think the synopsis of this thread should be get a price on a build from Aaron at Mark Dodge as he cuts straight through the BS and gets you well under invoice.

Take that price to local dealers - if they can’t beat it, go back to Aaron, order and layer on at least the true car or penfed with other monthly promotions and be happy because you got a smoking deal doing that.

If I was ready to order today I could have gotten the build I wanted ( big horn) for right under 40k before TTL. That’s f150 xl territory with way more bells and whistles.
Hit the nail on the head with this one

Silent Bob

Reaction score
At a minimum $65,208 (5% below invoice) plus tread lightly or affliate for another 1% off to get to $64,521.....then subtract the $1,750 rebates

There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what the Affiliate Pricing (Tread Lightly) discount is and is not.

A $100 Tread Lightly membership get you access to Affiliate Pricing.
Affiliate Pricing allows you to buy a vehicle at 1% below invoice plus $75. It is not a discount off a negotiated price.

As I understand it, if the dealer is using the Affiliate pricing program he is not supposed to discount beyond that (not including other incentives). The factory then gives them some sort of reimbursement. If the dealer is giving you a lower price he is not supposed to file for that reimbursement.

That being said some dealers will submit for that reimbursement anyway and pass along some of this discount to you. Maybe the factory never checks or that particular dealer is willing to roll the dice on an audit.

For some reason Tread Lightly gets talked about the most but Access Fund is cheaper. You company may also provide you the benefit at no charge.

Check to see if your employer is part of the Affiliate Pricing Program LINK
If not join Access Fund for $50 - LINK
or
Tread Lightly for $100 - LINK
After joining you must wait 30 days before you take possession of the vehicle. This works at any dealership.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
That was my thought. I was aiming for 20% off MSRP before rebates. I sent out quite a few emails, including to Aaron, but it seems like I would have gotten a few more responses by now if there were less dealers at their quotas.

You will not get 20% off MSRP before rebates. If you get extremely lucky you might get 20% after rebates on a Limited. With current incentives Big Horns can get you in the 20s.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

Phillip usually comes in a bit lower than Aaron.
Aaron usually comes in a bit lower than the other volume dealers.
The other volume dealers usually come in lower than most peoples local dealers.

It often comes down to who is closest to you.

Bookmark the following thread, it has all the above dealers contact information on the first page.

dunehiker

Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of focus on discount/rebate codes and negotiation methods; does time on a dealer lot ever come into play? Since I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading and tracking inventory I'm seeing trucks sitting on lots for months. Seems like that should come into play?

Satchamo

Reaction score
Phillip usually comes in a bit lower than Aaron.
Aaron usually comes in a bit lower than the other volume dealers.
The other volume dealers usually come in lower than most peoples local dealers.

It often comes down to who is closest to you.

Bookmark the following thread, it has all the above dealers contact information on the first page.

Thanks silent bob - you’re the man!

rbundy84

Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of focus on discount/rebate codes and negotiation methods; does time on a dealer lot ever come into play? Since I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading and tracking inventory I'm seeing trucks sitting on lots for months. Seems like that should come into play?
Certainly doesn’t hurt - especially as we are at the end of the month/quarter

Silent Bob

Reaction score

Trucks sitting for months on the lots is part of the negotiation method. It should especially come into play today and tomorrow or the end of next month. If you can wait till end of May you might also get to combine with Memorial Day. See the below link.

The Best Time to Buy Your Ram

This link has advice on when you are likely to get the best price on your new truck. LINK

Keep in mind that many times trucks that have been sitting for months have unpopular option, paint, etc. You may not want to settle for something you will own for years.

Last edited:

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what the Affiliate Pricing (Tread Lightly) discount is and is not.

Affiliate Pricing allows you to buy a vehicle at 1% below invoice plus $75. It is not a discount off a negotiated price.

As I understand it, if the dealer is using the Affiliate pricing program he is not supposed to discount beyond that (not including other incentives). The factory then gives them some sort of reimbursement. If the dealer is giving you a lower price he is not supposed to file for that reimbursement.

That being said some dealers will submit for that reimbursement anyway and pass along some of this discount to you. Maybe the factory never checks or that particular dealer is willing to roll the dice on an audit.

For some reason Tread Lightly gets talked about the most but Access Fund is cheaper. You company may also provide you the benefit at no charge.

or
After joining you must wait 30 days before you take possession of the vehicle. This works at any dealership.

or

when I was shopping new everyone gave an extra 1% off for my company affiliate

copy/pasted from email

“Invoice $59,704.00 X 5% = $2,985.00 sale price $56,719.00 no strings attached price
X 6% = $3,582.00 sale price $56,122.00 requires Affiliate control # ***
X 7% = $4,179.00 sale price $55,525.00 requires control # and financing through the dealership

The Affiliate control # can be based on your employer (or a spouses) if they have a relationship with FCA or if you are a member of the Tread Lightly Organization, if your employer doesn't qualify you can join TL for a $100.00 membership fee, it's wort the fee because it nets out to an additional $500.00 is savings, you do need to be a member for 30 days before you can get a control # but with the order process taking roughly 8 weeks there's plenty of time.”

28EC4560-BAF7-4A4E-BDD5-4A7EE26714A6.png

srosen71

Reaction score
Looking for opinions on this deal that I was just quoted for a 2021 Laramie 4x2:
MSRP $55,745
Negotiated Price $46,461 (16.6% discount by my math)
Trade in value of 2018 Durango RT: $33,500 (23k miles, clean car)
Balance due: $14,263.90 after TTL

The price of $46,461 was their "internet" price and I tried to chip away at it to no avail. But the trade-in is strong so I think it's fair. Thoughts?

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on this deal that I was just quoted for a 2021 Laramie 4x2:
MSRP $55,745

The price of $46,461 was their "internet" price and I tried to chip away at it to no avail. But the trade-in is strong so I think it's fair. Thoughts?
This about the same as percentage off MSRP that I worked out on on my 2021 Limited. However, I also took the 0% for 72 months instead of the full rebate offered on the limited ($500 with 0% or $1,500). The 0% incentive is worth about $4K in my scenario so it worked out better than taking $1,500.

Runagun

Reaction score
MSRP $55,745

That's roughly $9200+ Its not bad... For me Id look for 10K off, but that being a Laramie. Not sure how much more fat they can take off.

RJS

Reaction score
I think it has been overhyped/oversold. I've driven all kinds of trucks with all kinds of mirrors. The mirrors on these trucks are very good. With proper adjustment you really don't have blind spots alongside. Where I see it as having value is backing. Cross traffic, kids or other objects. It would be another of those niceities not necessities to me.
I thought that too until I have it on my 19 Laramie. That yellow diamond that shows in the mirror is attention getting. It also give sthe trailer length when I have my trailer on and indicates anything back there also. Do I need it - no! but I really appreciate it now that I have it just like the backup and side traffic alarms. Did turn off the audio warning on the mirrors though, irritating.
It will be on my next vehicle.

Last edited:

WarReadyVet

Reaction score
Placed order at local dealer today.

2021 Bighorn Crew 6'4 4x4 Night Edition

MSRP: $57,940
Incentives: $6,000 (including PenFed)
Dealer discount:. $3,951 (including affiliate program)
Price (before T,T, doc): $47,989
roughly 18% off MSRP unless better incentives at delivery

This was at my local dealer. Mark Dodge offered a bit less but since I am in PA I didn't think shipping or flying was worth the hassle. Overall I am satisfied with this deal

Full specs below:

2021 1500 Big Horn
- Billet Silver
- Crew Cab 4x4
- 6'4 bed
- 5.7 eTorque
- 3.92 gears
- 33 gallon fuel tank
- Big Horn Level 2
- Night Edition
- Premium Lighting Group
- Bed Utility Group
- Protection Group
- Multi Function Tailgate
- 9 Amplified speakers plus subwoofer
- Blind Spot Monitoring and cross path
- Trailer Brake Controller
- Mopar floor mats
- Rear wheelwell liners
- Dealer Installed Amp Extreme power running boards (not included in above price)

Dealer was unsure if the Blind Spot Monitoring will be available, I hope it is but its not the end of the world if i cant get it, the little blind spot corner mirrors are really good already.

I had to have a Night Edition so a comparable Laramie was a significant step up in price from this Big Horn, as well as this is my first truck ever and i am already at the limit of what my wife will let me spend.. I really wish the Big Horn had the proximity entry and power passenger seat, other than those two things the truck is perfect for me. I was able to test drive a similar truck today (Big Horn quad cab 4x4, Level 2, Night edition) i fell in love instantly, now the wait begins..

Looks like a strong deal. I'm interested in something similar - did they do a breakdown of each upgrade and its cost? For instance - do they have the cost of the multi function Tailgate for instance (less the 18%)?

Users who are viewing this thread