5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

njt07

Reaction score
Where are you getting this "retail cash" discount? RAM website offers $1,000 conquest bonus cash but I'm not sure what you're referring to

sorry I guess its just rebate, but if you click on other incentives there is retail cash as well...

jakerson66

Reaction score
So first time participating here, but I'm not wild about this sales guy, so I'm asking for some clarification:
MSRP on the Rebel I'm looking at is 60,265. EP on the invoice 53,918. I said okay can i have EP and apply the $1500 bonus cash cert and $500 first responder. He said the EP incentive is actually only $2840 and they had added $3500 in rebates on their own on top of that to get it to EP. So does Ram actually only cover less than half of the EP discount?

Silent Bob

Reaction score
So first time participating here, but I'm not wild about this sales guy, so I'm asking for some clarification:
MSRP on the Rebel I'm looking at is 60,265. EP on the invoice 53,918. I said okay can i have EP and apply the $1500 bonus cash cert and $500 first responder. He said the EP incentive is actually only $2840 and they had added $3500 in rebates on their own on top of that to get it to EP. So does Ram actually only cover less than half of the EP discount?
It is hard to say. They may only cover half of that amount but it is irrelevant. EP is the current price on most new Rams. This is before any rebates and incentives that can be applied.
You can call FCA Incentives at 1-800-227-0757 to help you figure out which rebates you can use. Helpfulness varies on who you talk to.

Right now you can go to www.ramtrucks.com and build your truck and see the Employee Pricing Plus price. After you finish your build go to the top of the page and click the price to see the total with Destination Charges. This is the price anyone can get right now. It is right on Ram's website during this sale.

Example

1607109363435.png

jastevenson

Reaction score
Does anyone know the final word as to whether 0% financing can be used with employee pricing?

Thanks!

jakerson66

Reaction score
It is hard to say. They may only cover half of that amount but it is irrelevant. EP is the current price on most new Rams. This is before any rebates and incentives that can be applied.
You can call FCA Incentives at 1-800-227-0757 to help you figure out which rebates you can use. Helpfulness varies on who you talk to.

Right now you can go to www.ramtrucks.com and build your truck and see the Employee Pricing Plus price. After you finish your build go to the top of the page and click the price to see the total with Destination Charges. This is the price anyone can get right now. It is right on Ram's website during this sale.

Example

View attachment 75667
Thank you, this helped a lot. We called FCA together to confirm that he was not taking the hit himself, and that my rebates were not "included" in getting it down to EP. I'm not sure if he was just confused or trying to pad the profit, I don't know what he would lose by not including incentives. But I just wanted to know where the money was coming from. Explaining this to the salesman, who I think is relatively new, got a little tense but I ended up getting a Rebel in the end.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
So what I am understanding is that whether it be MSRP, FFP or EP, the destination charge is already included and the attached example is having that added in again?

Attachments

• B0925381-70E3-496D-82E0-0F47AD94FBC4.png
    B0925381-70E3-496D-82E0-0F47AD94FBC4.png
    209.9 KB · Views: 50

Silent Bob

Reaction score
So what I am understanding is that whether it be MSRP, FFP or EP, the destination charge is already included and the attached example is having that added in again?
I am not sure why they do that. I do know that when you get the actual build sheet it is included in MSRP, FFP and EP. The EP price should be about the same as the final price on your example.

Attachments

• 20201204_220049.jpg
    20201204_220049.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 25

jph200

Reaction score
This forum is great and I've found this thread to be extremely helpful.

Looking at a deal on a 2020 Power Wagon that compared to others I've received/tried to negotiate, this seems to be the best:

MSRP: $67,410
Discount: $5,500 (not sure exactly what incentives these are and I will ask to clarify)
Rebate: $2,000 (salesperson claims this is the same as the coupon from the Ram website, though I know the coupon is $1500)
Adjusted Price: $59,910 (not including taxes, which bring the price up a little more, but I may trade my current Ram 1500)

Approx 11.8% off of MSRP

This was over email but it's the best % off MSRP I've seen so far based on the dealers I've contacted.

Just need a gut check, does this seem like a solid deal for a Power Wagon, or should I try harder? The other dealerships can't seem to match this. Oddly enough this is a small family-owned dealership about 30 miles from where I live, not one of the big ones like Autonation. Thanks!

AxileAspen

Reaction score

Not really the case for this specific instance. If you analyze the numbers, you'll see that the prices you have there are everything EXCEPT the destination fee. Compare all the costs and upgrades to the the Monroney label and you'll see it matches everything except the $1695. Basically what RAM is doing is giving you EPP (around 12% off the price of the truck itself), but not the destination charges. They are discounting the cost of the truck, then adding the destination fee in so you essentially pay the full $1695. Which is $203.40 more than if they took 12% off of the ENTIRE MSRP from the Monroney label.

ramfanatic

Reaction score
Hello All,

This is a friendly reminder to all SC residents that the 6% state sales tax does NOT apply to vehicle purchases. We pay an “Infrastructure Maintenance Fee” (IMF) instead of sales tax. Any purchase of $10,000 or more will have a capped IMF of $500.

I am currently shopping for a 2020-21 Rebel with 5.7L (non e-torque), 4x4, rambox cargo-managment system, with 4-corner air suspension. I presently own a 2019 Rebel Quad 5.7L 4x4, and I love it, but I want the boxes and air suspension (mostly just the boxes).

It’s been about 6 months since I started shopping for another Rebel. I have had quotes ranging from $76,000-$59,860, to include an added $4,500-$7,000 "SC 6% sales tax." I find that it’s better to get the first outrageous quote from the dealer, get them as low as possible, and then politely educate them of SC’s no vehicle tax and see if I get a reply. Koons was the first to apologize and remove the tax.

As a guestimate, I have probably spoken with over thirty dealers across the country, maybe more. My military background (not retired, no discount) and occupation with all males, (I wouldn’t have it any other way) is probably the reason why I tend not to take the bs and shady stuff that a lot of dealers try. I promise I am not a b**ch, but some of their tactics are appalling, and I don’t like snakes.

I am currently on my 3rd build with Koons . I just received confirmation that my $1,500 bonus cash will count if they take delivery by February 1st. I am attaching my paperwork to this post. I do have a couple questions about it if anyone has a second to take a look.

-Is it normal to already have a vin listed on the sheet?
-Would the dealership hold the truck and notify me after February 1st
just to keep from honoring the $1,500?
-Has anyone gotten Koons to remove the second destination charge?
-Is this price crazy?
-Has anyone installed a rambox bed on a quad cab yet? I wish I had the
option, I love my truck.

To everyone who has contributed to this discussion, THANK YOU! Your experiences, negotiation tactics, prices, discount & dealer information, knowledge, and the "clear your browsing history/ turn off your pop-up blocker tip, has been an enormous help in my quest to buy a truck! I am very grateful and I truly appreciate all of your help!

Thank you,
E
There's a couple of weird things with your order. I thought Koons discount was 6% below invoice and that includes the $1695 destination fee, less any rebates at time of delivery, plus $899 processing fee and TTL. According to your configuration your price should be $59,550(invoice)-$3,570(6%)=$55,930 including destination fee and before any rebates you may qualify for at time of delivery. Secondly, if you google the vin# you will see it is a Granite Crystal Rebel not Silver like you have on your configuration and has many more options with a MSRP of $70,795 Craig Benner was the sales person I dealt with at Koons and he was very straightforward.

HAL9001

Reaction score

Example

View attachment 75667
Please be careful about how this latest EP sales event is interpreted. If you go to the RAM website and build out your dream truck, you will indeed end up with a printout showing your exact build and this excellent EP pricing, even for most 2021 RAMs. And that's where the dream ends. Read the fine print and you'll discover that to get this pricing, you must take delivery by 1/4/2021. So, with the build time now at 6-12 weeks, there's no chance that this specific sales event is relevant to anyone wishing to order a RAM despite what the website first leads you to believe with the deceptive printout.

To get this pricing, you'll need to find a truck already on a lot. With all the many options available, the chances of finding one to match your build are highly unlikely. You'll need to compromise on what you want, most likely quite significantly. For some people who are not that particular, this may be fine. But if you're like me, you'll want your truck to be configured exactly, or at least close, to what you want if you're going to spend so much money and then live with the truck for years.

I find restrictive pricing like this very frustrating. I've been trying to buy a 2021 RAM for months now and sales restrictions such as this hurt more than help. My local dealers won't do better than invoice on an ordered truck, so I'll have to pay thousands more if I want to purchase one to my specifications or travel over a thousand miles in the Covid ridden US to purchase from a high-volume dealer.

baccigalup

Reaction score
Please be careful about how this latest EP sales event is interpreted. If you go to the RAM website and build out your dream truck, you will indeed end up with a printout showing your exact build and this excellent EP pricing, even for most 2021 RAMs. And that's where the dream ends. Read the fine print and you'll discover that to get this pricing, you must take delivery by 1/4/2021. So, with the build time now at 6-12 weeks, there's no chance that this specific sales event is relevant to anyone wishing to order a RAM despite what the website first leads you to believe with the deceptive printout.

To get this pricing, you'll need to find a truck already on a lot. With all the many options available, the chances of finding one to match your build are highly unlikely. You'll need to compromise on what you want, most likely quite significantly. For some people who are not that particular, this may be fine. But if you're like me, you'll want your truck to be configured exactly, or at least close, to what you want if you're going to spend so much money and then live with the truck for years.

I find restrictive pricing like this very frustrating. I've been trying to buy a 2021 RAM for months now and sales restrictions such as this hurt more than help. My local dealers won't do better than invoice on an ordered truck, so I'll have to pay thousands more if I want to purchase one to my specifications or travel over a thousand miles in the Covid ridden US to purchase from a high-volume dealer.
Sometimes you gotta just take your chances.....i ordered in oct anticipating a good end of year rebate....i was wrong.but the bonus cash still applies so im getting something back..but i got the group buy discount and affiliate which is better than emloyee. In the end i should be around 16 percent off.....not great but livable

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Not really the case for this specific instance. If you analyze the numbers, you'll see that the prices you have there are everything EXCEPT the destination fee. Compare all the costs and upgrades to the the Monroney label and you'll see it matches everything except the $1695. Basically what RAM is doing is giving you EPP (around 12% off the price of the truck itself), but not the destination charges. They are discounting the cost of the truck, then adding the destination fee in so you essentially pay the full $1695. Which is $203.40 more than if they took 12% off of the ENTIRE MSRP from the Monroney label.
If you look at a build sheet they do discount the invoice price which includes destination charge.

They then get it back with the extra fee.

EP is Invoice minus 5% plus $200
FFP is Invoice minus 1% plus $75

I know this is an MSRP thread but the dealerships base everything on the invoice price. The factory EPP and Affiliate numbers are also based on factory invoice.

Find the invoice price on your build to find out where to begin negotiating.

You can getvyou invoice price at one if these sites.
NADA Guides - LINK
Car Connection - LINK

Attachments

• 20201204_220049.jpg
    20201204_220049.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 19

Silent Bob

Reaction score

I also always order exactly what I want from the factory. The vast majority of the public do not. Just knowing that during this frequent sales event anyone can walk in and get 5% below Invoice is a good bargaining tool.

I am currently ordering a new Limited and (after many, many emails) have found a local dealer willing to match my lowest offer. I had to get to the GM to do so.

7.4% Below Factory Invoice
17.2% Below MSRP
This before any rebates or incentives I might qualify for.

Get quotes from the dealers recommended on this thread and if you can't get locals to match consider a road trip or "fly and drive". At the very least you will have a good bargaining tool.

Contact the Sales, Internet, or Fleet Manager at your local dealership and see if they will match your best offer. If you can talk to the General Manager, even better.

If I could not get a local dealer to match I would have done the 800 mile round trip. At least you get to learn all about your new truck on the trip back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread