5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been looking at the Laramie but the best i could get s 6.500 .the one i was looking at is 50.898.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.i have a 2020 Bighorn but i miss the toys.
You should be able to get 12% or more off MSRP on a 2020. For a 2021 you are looking probably around 10% for a good deal. This is dealer discount off of sticker. Right now there are no incentives (except for Conquest, PenFed, etc.) on Laramie. I got 21% off a 2020 Laramie a month and a half ago (12% dealer discount, $3500 rebates, $1000 Conquest, $1000 PenFed). The Black Friday pricing only seems halfway decent on a Limited.

baccigalup

Reaction score
Adding back the freight is the latest scam by the dealers to eke out as much profit as possible. They are all doing it here in Virginia. The dealers claim that they have to pay the freight to the manufacturer and thus MUST charge it back to the buyer. At the end of the day, you really have to factor in the additional freight charge to the negotiated price. So, when I do that, it means that I'm really paying $58,460 for the $71,405 truck.

That then amounts to an 18.13% discount from MSRP. From what I've been seeing, it does seem like it's a good deal for a 2021 model, as another dealer I was negotiating with said they couldn't come within $2K of that price on a 2021 model. That makes me feel like I'm getting a really good deal on the truck.
Thats a great deal. I am getting a 2021 laramie night ed. Fairly loaded. Msrp 69,085 for 59,584 before tax and tags and thats about 14 percent under msrp..truck is in transit so i should be getting it soon. Sounds like i may want to get it in december if theres no other rebates

Kurtislowe68

Reaction score
2021 ram 1500 big horn, outdoor package, 5.7 e torque, 3.92, 33 gallon tank. Msrp 52790, paid 40790. 12k off msrp in Louisiana

AstroBacon

Reaction score
After doing some back and forth on different builds with the dealer, I've figured out what the Costco Pricing is (for a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited).
It appears to be about 2% off invoice . You can custom build on Costco's site (https://www.costcoauto.com/) and it will tell you the MSRP and invoice pricing for your particular build.
That should give a pretty good idea of where a dealer needs to be.
Additionally, Costco Auto gives 35% off dealer installed items, so there should be some negotiating room there.
My problem is the exact truck I want isn't at an approved Costco dealer, and I don't think this dealer willing to deal since they don't seem to have a problem selling 2021 Limited trucks at the moment.
At this point I'm almost willing to wait until Dec. The incentives couldn't get any worse at this point right?

itscookeyo

Reaction score
The lovely state of California, more specifically in La county.
Best I could find in LA, OC and Riv counties were Rydell and Moss Bros that were willing to deal 8-10% off MSRP on 2021's. The rest sat around 2% off MSRP. Good luck!

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
So here is what I have gathered in my scenario after talking with several dealerships in Oregon. I am looking at a factory build and three of them our offering me “Costco” pricing, a little under 8% off of MSRP, which they are saying is better than invoice. If no one is willing to offer anything different then there really is no incentive for me to work with one dealership over the other. No one is really trying to earn my business or make a deal.

Last edited:

NikoSuave

Reaction score
Best I could find in LA, OC and Riv counties were Rydell and Moss Bros that were willing to deal 8-10% off MSRP on 2021's. The rest sat around 2% off MSRP. Good luck!
Yep ended up at Rydell at around 10% off msrp after incentives.

Ultimately I'm happy I got exactly what I wanted. And pretty hasle free at that.

baccigalup

Reaction score
Yep ended up at Rydell at around 10% off msrp after incentives.

Ultimately I'm happy I got exactly what I wanted. And pretty hasle free at that.
If you keep reading these posts there is always someone who got a better deal than you and it makes you say...**** why didnt i wait?....you can drive yourself crazy.. i stopped looking at inventory as soon as i placed my order..i am 14 percent under msrp, 6.5 inv. got another 1000 ram bonus if i get it before jan, and if any other discounts in dec ill hope they work out...my car is in transit so im a few weeks away...im hoping dec.....dont have the time for penfed so ill miss that. With covid coming back, states shutting down again, and restrictions a new president will probably make, i am not risking waiting...it was hard to find what i wanted that much below invoice. This forum works for people doing their homework. Just dont make yourself crazy...when your spending 60 grand on a car, 1 percent here or there helps but its not a dealbreaker.

WiLLc

Reaction score
Shopping for a 2021 Ram Rebel down here in Eastern NC. It appears they don't want to sell trucks here as they only are offering small rebates and no dealer discounts. Looks like I have to go all the way to VA to get a new truck. I've got one quote at 16% off MSRP and another at 10% in VA. Of course the 16% off one is a 6 hour drive...

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Shopping for a 2021 Ram Rebel down here in Eastern NC. It appears they don't want to sell trucks here as they only are offering small rebates and no dealer discounts. Looks like I have to go all the way to VA to get a new truck. I've got one quote at 16% off MSRP and another at 10% in VA. Of course the 16% off one is a 6 hour drive...
In my opinion, a 6 hour drive to get a deal you're happy with is an easy choice. Take a nice drive and get the truck.

I did 9 hours each way to get mine. It was better than anything I could find in the country and I saved at least 7 grand compared to dealers within a few hours of my house.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

slatersan

Reaction score
The Rebel seems to be more problematic for getting a decent deal, but overall, Ram Dealers in NC from Asheville to Wilmington were stubborn as hell in July, August, and September. I drove from Raleigh to DC (9.5 hrs round trip...easy)
for my Laramie at the end of September and couldn't be happier with my deal. Things have tightened up a bit since then, but still better than here. I lucked into nearly 20% off, but see around 16 online now with Dulles. Koons is in the same vicity.

Check Kernersville as well, but they played games when I was dealing with them. However, their pricing seems to be the best around...if they don't play games.

Last edited:

Bruceleroy1201

Reaction score
Need advice is this a good price what’s a good counter offer
It’s a 2021 Bighorn Crew Cab. MSRP 58,920

Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group
Uconnect 12 w/Navigation
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque
Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
Technology Group
Night Edition
Premium Lighting Group
Level 1 Safety Group
  • 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio$95
  • 33 Gallon Fuel Tank$445
  • 9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer$695
  • MOPAR Front & Rear Rubber Floor Mats

Attachments

• D3DCFC69-CBC2-4EFD-A40B-B651027E5C7E.jpeg
    D3DCFC69-CBC2-4EFD-A40B-B651027E5C7E.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

WiLLc

Reaction score
The Rebel seems to be more problematic for getting a decent deal, but overall, Ram Dealers in NC from Asheville to Wilmington were stubborn as hell in July, August, and September. I drove from Raleigh to DC (9.5 hrs round trip...easy)
for my Laramie at the end of September and couldn't be happier with my deal. Things have tightened up a bit since then, but still better than here. I lucked into nearly 20% off, but see around 16 online now with Dulles. Koons is in the same vicity.

Check Kernersville as well, but they played games when I was dealing with them. However, their pricing seems to be the best around...if they don't play games.

Dulles is who gave me the 16% off. I have two other smaller, closer dealerships in VA at 10% but still working on them. I'm down in the Wilmington area so its a good 6 hour drive to Dulles. We're not trading so I have to get my wife to drive up with me. She's not wild about the idea. Not sure what's up with the dealers down here but it's frustrating.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dulles is who gave me the 16% off. I have two other smaller, closer dealerships in VA at 10% but still working on them. I'm down in the Wilmington area so its a good 6 hour drive to Dulles. We're not trading so I have to get my wife to drive up with me. She's not wild about the idea. Not sure what's up with the dealers down here but it's frustrating.

Six Hour drive is Nothing. I did that drive just to pick up the Bright Aluminum
Tread Plate to make the AUX fuel tank for the bed on my Laramie. (when it gets here)

Malodave

emings

Reaction score
Need advice is this a good price what’s a good counter offer
It’s a 2021 Bighorn Crew Cab. MSRP 58,920

Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group
Uconnect 12 w/Navigation
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque
Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
Technology Group
Night Edition
Premium Lighting Group
Level 1 Safety Group
  • 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio$95
  • 33 Gallon Fuel Tank$445
  • 9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer$695
  • MOPAR Front & Rear Rubber Floor Mats
You should be able to get atleast 10 grand off of that with incentives

AK103

Reaction score
The lovely state of California, more specifically in La county.

That's pretty weak, but seems on par with Cali.
It took me months and pure luck to find the dealer here in Florida that would do 7% off invoice.
(Best in the country on orders at the moment)

Which equated to almost 15% off MSRP for me.

AK103

Reaction score
Just an FYI. Spoke with Mark Dodge about their 15k off Limiteds/Longhorns. Obviously a great price and I was willing to travel to pick it up. The sales manager refused to apply the additional rebates I qualified for, $2700 in total.

I mean, they're definitely going to apply them.
But towards that $15K -
To reduce their actual dealer discount, and pocket more.

Users who are viewing this thread