5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

baccigalup

Reaction score
I agree with WillWork4Truck. I ordered a 2021 Longhorn Limited with the 10th Anniversary package and I couldn't the dealer to come down to invoice. Since you're already below invoice by almost $3K, you are doing pretty good. You're $58,343 is almost 6% below invoice, which is about what you'd get from Koons or Criswell, both of whom offer 6% below invoice. As WillWork4Truck said, if you are happy with the price and you are getting the exact truck you want, then you should go for it because it's hard to say whether you will find a better deal. Also, WillWork4Truck is right about the lifetime warranty on the powertrain. That is most likely a dealer offer that won't be available at other dealerships. You might want to get more information about that if you are considering it as part of the package deal. Maybe you can get them to work in a MOPAR extended warranty in lieu of the powertrain package to sweeten the deal for you.
Criswell changed and woukd not do the 6 percent below..his best was 4.5 percent and a lower fee...anyone else find that lately?

Ski Taxi

Reaction score
Did you buy from koons?
Nope.

Small dealer in upstate NY, and registering in NJ. Dealer was helpful with the paperwork, but didn't know precisely what NJ needed (I'm more inclined to blame NJ than the dealer).

And to top it off, I need to go for a NJ inspection sticker too - 5 trips in total to register a new vehicle purchased out of state in NJ at least.

Boston

Reaction score
yes, the mega cab in a 2500, Koons on a 21 order, has a great deal, at 13% lower including the $900 dealer fee

Thank you all for all the advise and help, this has been very helpful and if I didn't find this thread i was looking at a local place on a recommendation which was $3k more

after I order i will need to part with my 06 Chevy Avalanche, I will miss that toy

This is a 1500 section

Paultg

Reaction score
Criswell changed and woukd not do the 6 percent below..his best was 4.5 percent and a lower fee...anyone else find that lately?
This is the link from the forum advertisement on Criswell. Their discount is typically off MSRP so you have to compare to others that discount off invoice. I think you have to deal with Carl too.

dwalme

Reaction score
Just got a quote for a custom order from Criswell today. Pricing was EP price which is typically 4-5% below invoice.

If the deals were lower in the past those were some sweet deals.

AstroBacon

Reaction score
Just got a bunch of quotes from dealers. I gave them a build sheet and asked for their best deal making it clear I was getting quotes from other dealers. Most of them came in at or above invoice.
I did, however, try the Costco Auto purchasing program, and they came in ~$1300 under invoice (about 10% below MSRP) on a Ram 1500 Limited fully loaded.
I'm not sure if anyone has tried that, but it may be worth the $45-100 to join Costco if you don't already have a membership.
MSRP: $73,490
Invoice: $67,510
Costco Price: $66,210 + $595 doc fee NO Dealers installed items.
That's without incentives. I feel like that's pretty darn good.
I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I had one dealer tell me it's 8-10 weeks build time! That sounds insane. The incentives may be all different by then.
Anyone know what build times are running?

Rau

Reaction score
Just got a bunch of quotes from dealers. I gave them a build sheet and asked for their best deal making it clear I was getting quotes from other dealers. Most of them came in at or above invoice.
I did, however, try the Costco Auto purchasing program, and they came in ~$1300 under invoice (about 10% below MSRP) on a Ram 1500 Limited fully loaded.
I'm not sure if anyone has tried that, but it may be worth the $45-100 to join Costco if you don't already have a membership.
I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I had one dealer tell me it's 8-10 weeks build time! That sounds insane. The incentives may be all different by then.

Is it for 2020 or 2021?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baccigalup

Reaction score
This is the link from the forum advertisement on Criswell. Their discount is typically off MSRP so you have to compare to others that discount off invoice. I think you have to deal with Carl too.
12 percent is good, especially for no effort....but 14 percent at koons was better even with a lower doc fee at criswell.

No dealer in nj or ny would come close to either of those.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
How are you guys getting Costco pricing? All that shows up for me is Chevy, GMC, Volvo and Toyota.

Nv6425

Reaction score
Has anyone found the November incentives for 2020 models? All of rebates disappeared and nothing has replaced them.

Ninjabros

Reaction score
My local dealers just adjusted the dealer discount to make the price the same as they have been the last few months if not more. lol

ramtruck89

Reaction score
Is it me, or does this seem like a worse deal than October?
Tomorrow once dealer sites update the pricing to include EP will be the true measure. If they keep dealer discount what it was on top of the EP would be a better deal. Doubt that will happen though.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My local dealers just adjusted the dealer discount to make the price the same as they have been the last few months if not more. lol
Tomorrow once dealer sites update the pricing to include EP will be the true measure. If they keep dealer discount what it was on top of the EP would be a better deal. Doubt that will happen though.

Looking at a couple dealers, the EP prices are already in and the dealers did exactly what Ninjabros said.

This truck is an identical build to mine and was $56K last month, I've seen it as low as 55K, been watching it to see if deals got better

Now, here's a deal https://www.nylemaxwellcdjr.com/inventory/-1C6RREHT4LN353588/

Users who are viewing this thread