5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Granite2WD

Reaction score
The dealer didn’t do anything more than ask me for a favor to not do it otherwise they will get the “chargeback”. I found out during the signing process that the finance lady just moved to my neighborhood so agreed as a gesture of good will plus the dealership was very professional, no games, and truly one of the better experiences i have had in my car buying history (i tend to keep cars about 12 months and trade them in).

I was more than happy to accommodate given the way they treated me from the moment i stepped into the dealer. FrIsco is known for having a lot of money (I am not one of those people) but it was apparent the customer is the main priority which in my opinion stems from the ownership down to the leadership.
You can pay off everything but three months payments now and that will save you a little on interest over the next three months.

slick300

Reaction score
Good afternoon, everyone!

Have been eyeing 2020 BHs w/in about a three hour drive of me. I know end of MY brings discounts, etc, but I'm curious what you all think may be expected when talking about leftover 2019s. I see a couple of beautiful, well-optioned BHs (both MSRP around $57k) not to far away. I'm actually quite surprised to see them, but think it may be due to the high price for a BH. Anyway, before I contact the dealers about either, wondering if anyone has any experience in purchasing past year leftovers.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought mine in the "heart" of MY 2019 and got 18% off (MSRP $54K+). I would think at least 25% off MSRP +TTL, depending on the dealership. I would want an addition 10% on top of whatever you could get a similar 2020 for.

If it's a 2019 it's been around for awhile. Maybe not at their dealership but the truck was built over a year ago.

Bas

Reaction score
Tried hard this weekend on a Limited, but the best I got was 13.75% off MSRP (included D&H excluding TTL). That is just not good enough for a 2020 (at least not for me). Plus the experience with both dealers was 'odd' in that they would not return emails or texts; pretty much ignored me as soon as I would say I wanted an agreement on price before driving the hour to get to their dealership. If I am about to plunk down 60K I expect more then a "we don't really care about getting your business, we'll sell the thing anyways" attitude.

baccigalup

Reaction score
Tried hard this weekend on a Limited, but the best I got was 13.75% off MSRP (included D&H excluding TTL). That is just not good enough for a 2020 (at least not for me). Plus the experience with both dealers was 'odd' in that they would not return emails or texts; pretty much ignored me as soon as I would say I wanted an agreement on price before driving the hour to get to their dealership. If I am about to plunk down 60K I expect more then a "we don't really care about getting your business, we'll sell the thing anyways" attitude.
Had the same experience here. Seems like they aren't hungry enough for a sale..

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Good afternoon, everyone!

Have been eyeing 2020 BHs w/in about a three hour drive of me. I know end of MY brings discounts, etc, but I'm curious what you all think may be expected when talking about leftover 2019s. I see a couple of beautiful, well-optioned BHs (both MSRP around $57k) not to far away. I'm actually quite surprised to see them, but think it may be due to the high price for a BH. Anyway, before I contact the dealers about either, wondering if anyone has any experience in purchasing past year leftovers.
I usually buy leftover new vehicles to save money and one thing I have to always remind myself is they are not only less expensive but they are worth less as well. They are discounted because they are worth less than current model years, not just because they cost the dealership money to sit on the lot (Car Gurus can tell you how long the vehicle has been for sale).

Your resale value is less than the current model year's if you plan on getting rid of the truck in the next five or so years and depending on how long the truck has been sitting, that amount of time affects different parts of the vehicle negatively like the battery and however your climate affects a vehicle parked outside 24/7 in your area (rust, sun, etc.). My 2019 Ram had warped rotors from lot rot and missing interior trim pieces. This was eventually covered under warranty but my point is leftovers only make sense when they cost significantly less than current model year vehicles. Be sure to check for parking lot damage like door dings, hail, etc..

Sometimes financing deals are harder or more expensive on leftovers as the vehicles are worth less to the banks as well. I bought a leftover because it was about 25% off MSRP of a Tradesman crew cab with a fair trade-in value but not great (Chrysler) financing. For me, a new V8 crew cab under 30k was worth the diminished value and not getting all of the options I wanted.

I wouldn't consider a 2019 right now for any less than 20% off. Below that and I think it makes more sense to get a 2020 or 2021. But, these are very unusual times and dealerships seem to be acting less uniformly than before.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019 Ram had warped rotors from lot rot and missing interior trim pieces.
Good point. If they are not driven regularly that could be detrimental.

Many dealerships will rob from their on-lot stock for trucks being purchased to replace damaged or missing items then forget to order replacements.

vjayp

Reaction score
If anyone has any experience with MacHaik in Houston.

Can anyone tell me if there are any gotchas associated with the discounted prices I see at this dealership? Possible excessive doc fees or hidden costs?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Can anyone tell me if there are any gotchas associated with the discounted prices I see at this dealership? Possible excessive doc fees or hidden costs?

Lol, yea. Submit a Buyers Agreement and watch the 10K in ad-dons

dynastyss

Reaction score
Hey there has anyone gotten the 0%/72 months and gotten a good deal on the truck itself? This dealer told me you can't combine and was only willing to do $2k off MSRP...

Paultg

Reaction score
Hey there has anyone gotten the 0%/72 months and gotten a good deal on the truck itself? This dealer told me you can't combine and was only willing to do $2k off MSRP...
With interests rates being so low it’s typically better to take the rebates and dealer discount and skip the 0% offers.

dynastyss

Reaction score
True. What kind of deals are people getting with credit unions. Aka what kind of rates

Last edited:

Tigerhawk

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’ve been following this thread for some time now and just registered.

I ended up closing a deal last week for a 2020 Laramie and wanted to stop by and report how I made out.

Granite crystal
Sports appearance
Level 1
5.7 etorque
12” uconnect
Trailer brake
20” painted polished wheels
The dealer had their “clear guard” package on it. Window tint, edge guards, nitrogen, etc.

MSRP $57,360 , $58115 w/ the dealer add on stuff
Dealer $6045
Manufacturer $6250
Total $45820

Pretty happy with the deal, wasn’t specifically looking for the etorque but I went for it.

Financed through my credit union at 2.94% and skipped the refi work.

Cmhsam

Reaction score

IF you are willing to catch a flight to Dallas i would come to Frisco CDJR and work with Owen. I got 20% off MSRP based on dealer discount and qualified rebates. MSRP was $68K, paid $53K plus TT&L.

AK103

Reaction score
IF you are willing to catch a flight to Dallas i would come to Frisco CDJR and work with Owen. I got 20% off MSRP based on dealer discount and qualified rebates. MSRP was $68K, paid $53K plus TT&L.

Very few would qualify for as many rebates as you did.
One of the bigger ones you had was truck conquest.

Users who are viewing this thread