5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Dadamets

Reaction score
Can you break down your order a little more? What was the dealer discount off MSRP? What were the rebates? Thanks.
$8K dealer discount
$7K rebates everyone eligible for
$1k usaa certificate
$500 Chrysler Capital financing (will refi soon)

2 Pulled Hammys

Reaction score
Found a dealer in another region with a bunch of trucks in transit very similar to what I would order so I've been trying to get some pricing from them. Was just offered a .07% dealer discount. Not 7%. Point zero seven percent. GTFOH with that nonsense.

Thanks to the info on this forum I know just how ridiculous that is, but hopefully I was never that clueless to begin with. I figured some might get a chuckle out of that. The search continues...

Cmhsam

Reaction score
Where did you get this information from?
Past 30 days, they don't get "charged back" the financing cash.

Also there's no paperwork or requirements stating you need to wait 90 days.
The dealer didn’t do anything more than ask me for a favor to not do it otherwise they will get the “chargeback”. I found out during the signing process that the finance lady just moved to my neighborhood so agreed as a gesture of good will plus the dealership was very professional, no games, and truly one of the better experiences i have had in my car buying history (i tend to keep cars about 12 months and trade them in).

I was more than happy to accommodate given the way they treated me from the moment i stepped into the dealer. FrIsco is known for having a lot of money (I am not one of those people) but it was apparent the customer is the main priority which in my opinion stems from the ownership down to the leadership.

Cmhsam

Reaction score
Is this at frisco CDJR? Their service dept has been pretty good. Theres a classic CDJR in mckinney, but their advertised prices arent nearly as low as yours,
Yes its the frisco CDJR. My sales guy was Owen. Highly recommend him.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
jm and brian represent a significant portion of buyers who don’t have the luxury of time or they are fairly locked into specific trim levels or equipment. That‘s fine, as for one person (totaled vehicle) unless you have deeper pockets, you do have a specific timeframe to work with (the car rental) and for the other there are certain options which are “must haves” like gearing, sunroof, 12’ screen, 33 gallon tank or perhaps ORG, and thats not even mentioning color!

I allowed myself to be “locked in” due to color and trim as the truck was for my wife (yep, she wanted a truck). Due to her color preferences the interior had to be ivory, and guess what? 95% of the RAM leather interiors were black.

That kinda’ boxed me in... So for some of us, there’s actually little choice of vehicles, so we can’t just “walk away” cause’ we aren’t getting 25% off. It just depends on your situation. Don’t get so stuck on % off, it matters less if you get exactly what you want and keep it for several years. For others who really don’t care as much about the trim/option specifics then fine, negotiate away.
yup yup i'd rather have the truck i wanted equipped with everything & especially the right color even at the "wrong price" than a truck not equipped how i wanted it at "the RIGHT price" ...

Your regret for spending the extra cash will fade 100 times quicker than the wrong dang color/options staring u in the face EVERY DAY : )

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes its the frisco CDJR. My sales guy was Owen. Highly recommend him.

They must have had a significant management change since I was last there, thats 180° different than what a sales guy told me in May

Cmhsam

Reaction score
They must have had a significant management change since I was last there, thats 180° different than what a sales guy told me in May
Maybe i just got lucky on a good day but overall i can say it was excellent and would highly recommend.

BacktheBlue00

Reaction score
$8K dealer discount
$7K rebates everyone eligible for
$1k usaa certificate
$500 Chrysler Capital financing (will refi soon)

How did you get the USAA certificate? They've stopped their car buying service. I tried to find it before I did the deal on my truck.

spiG

Reaction score
So I was supposed to buy my 2020 from a dealer in VA which was about 26% off MSRP before TT&L but they just seemed lost so I wasn't going to drive 4 hours one way to have something wrong.

Instead went local and breakdown for 2020 BH Night Edition;
MSRP $53,995
Discount $3,389
Rebate $8,000
Total before TT&L $42,606

Attempted to get other dealers to compete but the majority said the pricing was to aggressive and they couldn't do it. So had her delivered on 9/5 to the house.

spiG

Reaction score
How did you get the USAA certificate? They've stopped their car buying service. I tried to find it before I did the deal on my truck.

I used it as well as they still have the service (until 9/30), using either online service or phone app go into "life events" Car buying, scroll down to bottom where it says "View All Bonus Cash Offers" then find Ram and hit "Continue to Truecar" where it will give you your discount code to bring to a dealer.

BacktheBlue00

Reaction score
I used it as well as they still have the service (until 9/30), using either online service or phone app go into "life events" Car buying, scroll down to bottom where it says "View All Bonus Cash Offers" then find Ram and hit "Continue to Truecar" where it will give you your discount code to bring to a dealer.
Awesome thanks. Didn't think to check the app after it was gone from the website. Appreciate it.

Correction, apparently they just shifted it around on their website from its normal place, and I was just blind to it. smh

Last edited:

Mendiesel

Reaction score
2019 RAM Bighorn Sport 4x4 5'7"
Color : Flame red Clear-Coat

Purchase date: 9/6/2020

Odometer reading : 52 miles
Included Options :
Premium LED Package, Sport Apperance Package, Level 2 Equipment group, Rubber floormats, 3.92 gear, E-torque HEMI, 33-gallon fuel tank, U-Connect 8.4"

MSRP : $52,335
Dealer discount : -$-12,339
Dealer Price : $39,996
Discount after negotiations : -$1,264.02
Total before tax+tags : $38,731.98

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
2019 RAM Bighorn Sport 4x4 5'7"
Color : Flame red Clear-Coat

Purchase date: 9/6/2020

Odometer reading : 52 miles
Included Options :
Premium LED Package, Sport Apperance Package, Level 2 Equipment group, Rubber floormats, 3.92 gear, E-torque HEMI, 33-gallon fuel tank, U-Connect 8.4"

MSRP : $52,335
Dealer discount : -$-12,339
Dealer Price : $39,996
Discount after negotiations : -$1,264.02
Total before tax+tags : $38,731.98

Ding Ding Ding....we have a winner. Definitely the deal of the day.
With the 2021 coming out, it appears there are some nice deals on the 2019s.

D4jtl

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a fairly basic Laramie, the only option I want is the Level 1 equipment group. There is a dealer nearby that has a couple, they are offering 7k off dealer discount, And then I qualify for 3k in rebates, which would also include the 0% financing for 36 months which I should qualify for. Mspr is around 52k. Is this a good deal?

I’m not in a big hurry, but I would like to buy in the next 2 months. I’m considering waiting for 2021’s to hit the lot, but does anyone know when those will arrive and what is the guesses on incentives for 2021’s if production ramps back up?

Tonner

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a fairly basic Laramie, the only option I want is the Level 1 equipment group. There is a dealer nearby that has a couple, they are offering 7k off dealer discount, And then I qualify for 3k in rebates, which would also include the 0% financing for 36 months which I should qualify for. Mspr is around 52k. Is this a good deal?

I’m not in a big hurry, but I would like to buy in the next 2 months. I’m considering waiting for 2021’s to hit the lot, but does anyone know when those will arrive and what is the guesses on incentives for 2021’s if production ramps back up?
When the builder was available, it was showing $2000 in rebates on my 2021 Laramie in PA including $500 Chrysler capital if you take the loan from them.. of course you could immediately refinance

yaksushi

Reaction score
A week ago I just picked up a 2020 Quad Cab 4x4 with the following

Off-Road Group | Level 1 Equipment group | U-Connect 8.4 | Sport Appearance package | Trailer Tow Group
3.92 Rear Axle | Spray in bedliner | Rubber floormats | 20 Inch rims.

MSRP: 48,960.00
Rebates: 8,500.00
Negotiated Dealer Discount: 2,475.80
Before tax/title: 37,984.2

The dealer was 100+ miles away but worth the drive.

Last edited:

Jofu

Reaction score
Is the build site down again for MY 2021? I'm only seeing the TRX available to build.

I've been having this issue when accessing the site from my desktop PC as well, it's been up and down, unsure where the issue lies (i.e. RAM side or my desktop side). I have however been consistently able to see it on my iPhone or iPad, so if you have that alternative as well, give it a try.

Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread