5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Cmhsam

Reaction score
Thats a pretty good deal for Frisco, they usually dont move off MSRP especially with their low inventory. Its almost too good to believe, you better buy it before they change their mind.
Im in Frisco too and looked their in June at a Limited 4x4, all they had and didn't really want 4x4, they weren't moving off the price.
May
That’s strange. They have advertised dealer savings and then rebates got me to the price. They also have a large amount on the lot right now so maybe motivated to sell

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
May
That’s strange. They have advertised dealer savings and then rebates got me to the price. They also have a large amount on the lot right now so maybe motivated to sell

Looks like they've added a few in the last couple weeks. Their back lot across from the GM dealer is still empty. Their advertised prices are far better than they've been but still about 4K higher than I paid but $53K+ TT&L on a Limited Night 4x4 is good
If that price is legit, you need to get off 5th gen and down to that dealer, ASAP

AK103

Reaction score
Thank you. I qualified for $6500 in rebates with extra money since i am a GMC Owner and they have conquest cash

EDIT: Dealership is Frisco CJDR if anyone wants to pickup a similar deal

Sadly 99% of us wouldn't get $6500 in rebates.
We'd be lucky to get half that.

AK103

Reaction score
Looks like they've added a few in the last couple weeks. Their back lot across from the GM dealer is still empty. Their advertised prices are far better than they've been but still about 4K higher than I paid but $53K+ TT&L on a Limited Night 4x4 is good
If that price is legit, you need to get off 5th gen and down to that dealer, ASAP

For real. I'd drive outta the lot that day at that price.

Bas

Reaction score
Best I got just now is a bit over 16% for a Limited but it's a 12 hour drive away. Only had the standard FCA rebates applied to it and financing with them, some of you might do better. Was at Jim Butler in Linn, MO

Cmhsam

Reaction score
Best I got just now is a bit over 16% for a Limited but it's a 12 hour drive away. Only had the standard FCA rebates applied to it and financing with them, some of you might do better. Was at Jim Butler in Linn, MO
Sadly 99% of us wouldn't get $6500 in rebates.
We'd be lucky to get half that.

So thanks for everyones feedback. I did end up getting the car at the $52,975 price and then TT&L. I got an additional $1000 because I financed through Chrysler Capital but will end up paying the truck off in four months (apparently dealerships get charged a "chargeback" if you pay off the vehicle in 90 days.

The rebates I ended up getting were $7500 in total which included

- $3500 in Chrysler/RAM cash rebates
- $2000 for SW GMC Conquest Truck Owner Rebate (we have a GMC Sierra)
- $1000 for Truck Owner Rebate
- $1000 for financing through Chrysler

Overall thanks to this forum I got a great deal. I will post pics soon but it started raining here in TX so hopefully tomorrow I can get some initial ones posted.

Thanks for everyone's help! Looking forward to talking and getting to know more of you.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So thanks for everyones feedback. I did end up getting the car at the $52,975 price and then TT&L. I got an additional $1000 because I financed through Chrysler Capital but will end up paying the truck off in four months (apparently dealerships get charged a "chargeback" if you pay off the vehicle in 90 days.

Overall thanks to this forum I got a great deal. I will post pics soon but it started raining here in TX so hopefully tomorrow I can get some initial ones posted.

Thanks for everyone's help! Looking forward to talking and getting to know more of you.
Congratulations, you got a really good deal.
I could only get $2k in rebates and another $2k coupons, you got March level rebates

AK103

Reaction score

90 day chargeback isn't true.
They're worried about getting their cut of the loan.
Pay it off in 30.

Cmhsam

Reaction score
Congratulations, you got a really good deal.
I could only get $2k in rebates and another $2k coupons, you got March level rebates
Thank you! I feel I got lucky!

Pay it off in 30.
Good to know. Thank you very much for the info.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Working on a deal with two dealers. Both will give me $35k for my 2018 F150. I haven't decided on an exact truck yet, but two scenarios.
Laramie, level 1 package, about $55k msrp
Big Horn, level 2 with blind spot, about $52k MSRP.

I would be looking at about 12% dealer discount on the Laramie. What is good for Big Horn?

I would qualify for $3k in rebates on the Laramie and $5500 on BH. Plus $1000 conquest, $500 True Car, and $1000 Pen Fed.

These sound reasonable?

Last edited:

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Pay it off in 30.
well technically it is true because dealer is "charged back" because it initially funds with 500 -750 bucks chrysler finACncing cash and when the customer refies before 90, the dealer gets a "chargeback" for the monies they were paid when originally funded....but yes, you are right, their dealer reserve monthly payment Chrysler makes to dealer for "dealer's cut of the loan" also is decreased by the customer's loan who financed if more than 90 but less than term....

AK103

Reaction score
well technically it is true because dealer is "charged back" because it initially funds with 500 -750 bucks chrysler finACncing cash and when the customer refies before 90, the dealer gets a "chargeback" for the monies they were paid when originally funded....but yes, you are right, their dealer reserve monthly payment Chrysler makes to dealer for "dealer's cut of the loan" also is decreased by the customer's loan who financed if more than 90 but less than term....

Where did you get this information from?
Past 30 days, they don't get "charged back" the financing cash.

Also there's no paperwork or requirements stating you need to wait 90 days.

hratiu

Reaction score
Any idea on how much the dealer loses if you re-fi in less than 90 days? Is there a play to be made to get to agree to give you a portion of that if you sign an addendum to wait until the 91st day?

robia06

Reaction score
20 minutes from me. Great dealership purchased a new Chevy Equinox last year and now looking for a Ram.

njt07

Reaction score
Morning everyone. Am new to the site and about to pick up a 2020 Limited Black Night Edition 4WD. Here is the deal i am getting from dealership in Frisco, TX and wanted to get feedback?

- MSRP, $67895
- Sales Price of Vehicle, $53,975 including dealer adds of tint, wheel locks, and some paint protection (they threw in for free).

So final price would be $53,975 + TT&L. Thoughts?
Is this at frisco CDJR? Their service dept has been pretty good. Theres a classic CDJR in mckinney, but their advertised prices arent nearly as low as yours,

Dadamets

Reaction score
Picked up on Saturday a 2020 Bighorn Quad cab with sport pkg, level 1, anti slip, block Heater and wheel house liners MSRP 46,955. Ended up at 30,455 + tax and title. Felt the deal was too good to pass up. This was in Ohio. Wanted to do a trade but the trade offer was not good so I am going to sell out right.

dean77

Reaction score
Looking at ordering a 2021 limited. What are people in New England seeing for a dealer discount percentage?

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up on Saturday a 2020 Bighorn Quad cab with sport pkg, level 1, anti slip, block Heater and wheel house liners MSRP 46,955. Ended up at 30,455 + tax and title. Felt the deal was too good to pass up. This was in Ohio. Wanted to do a trade but the trade offer was not good so I am going to sell out right.
Can you break down your order a little more? What was the dealer discount off MSRP? What were the rebates? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread