5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

hratiu

Reaction score
I am likely in the minority but I didn't want the sunroof or the 12 inch screen. The Car play app on the phone works great on the smaller uconnect screen and I had a Caddy for 5 years and i don't every recall opening the sunroof in Las Vegas. So that was 4K in options I didn't care for. I would have however loved the 33 gallon tank but nobody had it without roof and nav. 4K for a gas tank seemed much.

Kris319

Reaction score
I am likely in the minority but I didn't want the sunroof or the 12 inch screen. The Car play app on the phone works great on the smaller uconnect screen and I had a Caddy for 5 years and i don't every recall opening the sunroof in Las Vegas. So that was 4K in options I didn't care for. I would have however loved the 33 gallon tank but nobody had it without roof and nav. 4K for a gas tank seemed much.
I'm with you. The 12 inch screen is just a wow factor for me and with my hairline, the sunroof is a horrible idea in South Florida.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bas

Reaction score
For the 2021 there is a new Technology package that includes : Heads Up Display, LED CHMSL Lamp, Rearview Autodim Digital Display Mirror.
I don't know if you can order that stand-alone or only if you also order level 1 or 2 or whatever else.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I'm with you. The 12 inch screen is just a wow factor for me and with my hairline, the sunroof is a horrible idea in South Florida.

Doesn't that 12 inch screen put out a lot of light at night?
I can see where it would be handle for navigation but for typical driving, does it become more of a nuisance when driving at night?

Kris319

Reaction score
I can see where it would be handle for navigation but for typical driving, does it become more of a nuisance when driving at night?
I've never been in a Ram with one at night but that is also one of the concerns I had. I imagine it's probably dimmable and has a dark mode for night time but still seems excessive to me.

Izcuacho

Reaction score
Really, when I tentatively look around in the philly/south NJ area, its the other way around.

With that said, does anyone know when the 2021 will hit the market? Last I heard, production already started. Im trying to figure out 2 things

Off road package...what kind of shocks do they have (its listed as "heavy duty") and is the height any different from the non-offroad package.

Technology group...curious to know if the heads up display also comes with anything else...for example like LED headlights, any Level 2 equipment, or 12 inch screen? I would love the heads up display, but im happy with an 8.4in screen. Im in the minority in that im not a big fan of the larger dash screen.

Used to own a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge Charger scat pack
If you have a scat pack and are going to trade it in, now is the time don’t know if u can but if that is your plan any time near you can get a lot of $$ for them now. I got rid of a leased with 14 months left and CarMax gave me $4300 to take it off my hands. (Gave me 34k for a car that I paid 40k 2 years ago and was worth 30k last year) there suppose to be a shortage of them, dealer by my house are asking 10K Over MSRP. Used are selling between 38k & 40k. im sure dealer will beat the CarMax value.
Just an idea if that is your plan in the future because now they are over priced and maybe be worth it if that is your plan and u can take advantage.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have a scat pack and are going to trade it in now is the time don’t know if u can but that is your plan any time near you can get a lot of $$ for them know. I got rid of a leased with 14 months left and CarMax gave me $4300 to take it off my hands. (Gave me 34k for a car that I paid 40k 2 years ago and was worth 30k last year) there suppose to be a shortage of them dealer by my house are asking 10K Over MSRP. Used are selling between 38k & 40k. im sure dealer will beat the CarMax value.
Just an idea if that is your plan in the future because now they are over priced and maybe be worth it if that is your plan and u can take advantage.

I love my scat pack...and my plan is to keep it. I just have a little left to pay off. Once I’m done paying it off, I’m getting the ram.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kooch80

Reaction score

i have a lot of dark hour miles with the 12 inch screen. the light has never been an issue or a nuisance.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've never been in a Ram with one at night but that is also one of the concerns I had. I imagine it's probably dimmable and has a dark mode for night time but still seems excessive to me.

The screen dims considerably at night, not an issue

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
Damn, I'm seeing the exact Ram I wanted (add sunroof, add 33 gallon tank, black/red interior) at a dealer in TX for about $5k less than I paid OTD for the one I bought a month ago. I think the TRX is bringing prices down lol.

Kris319

Reaction score
My truck arrives this week but I'm in the s**t hole of Miami. Any idea what a good price to shoot for might be? Should I hold out until September to pick it up? I'm most likely going to lease unless the incentives to buy are ridiculously good. This is my window sticker.
2f68fbee27a1db4087c0d6337d74d072.jpg

Dealer wants $665 with taxes a month for a lease with $2850 down. Seems way too high, I'm hoping to be under $600

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn, I'm seeing the exact Ram I wanted (add sunroof, add 33 gallon tank, black/red interior) at a dealer in TX for about $5k less than I paid OTD for the one I bought a month ago. I think the TRX is bringing prices down lol.
You'll drive yourself crazy doing that. For awhile after I bought mine (this is my first new vehicle) I would cruise dealer websites to see how good a deal I got. I did not have an opportunity to wait as my last truck was totaled so I only had 2 weeks to find and buy a vehicle.

When the 2020s came out their pricing was different and the exact same truck as a 2020 has an MSRP $5K less than my 2019 truck. That's when I stopped comparing my experience to others. The price drop made it depressing.

uConnect 5, HUD, power folding mirrors, and LED CHSML would all be nice but every new model year is going to have something to lure customers. I have learned to appreciate what I have and what I paid for it. Some got a better deal than I did and some did not, but I got the truck I wanted.

Last edited:

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
You'll drive yourself crazy doing that. For awhile after I bought mine (this is my first new vehicle) I would cruise dealer websites to see how good a deal I got. I did not have an opportunity to wait as my last truck was totaled so I only had 2 weeks to find and buy a vehicle.

When the 2020s came out their pricing was different and the exact same truck as a 2020 has an MSRP $5K less than my 2019 truck. That's when I stopped comparing my experience to others. The price drop made it depressing.

uConnect 5, power folding mirrors, and LED CHSML would all be nice but every new model year is going to have something to lure customers. I have learned to appreciate what I have and what I paid for it. Some got a better deal than I did and some did not, but I got the truck I wanted.
I hear ya. I hadn't looked until today and figured I'd glance around. I'm happy with my truck, but those few extra touches were on my "nice to have" list. No worries. It leaves me something for my next truck 3 or 4 years from now. ;)

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the same exact thing after I bought my Bighorn last October, lol. Constantly cruising the car buying sites to see if I had gotten a great deal. The good news was that there were very few sales that matched mine, many others were at least a grand higher so I think I did good. Wife was constantly asking me, Why TF are you looking again.. you unhappy? Must be a guy thing, lol.

Then of course a couple months after I bought it, they come out with my favorite Ram edition, the Built To Serve. Now I was constantly on there pricing BTS’s in the area and at one point actually drove out to look at one. But it would have cost me $8-10k out of pocket to get into one and that was just stupid, since my Bighorn comes with close to everything the BTS’s have (minus the cool seats, e-locker, Alpine and flag decals.) So that’s why I found a set of BTS wheels, blacked out my emblems and called it a day. LOVE my Ram and ain’t gonna be looking for a new one for a LONG time :cool:

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
I did the same exact thing after I bought my Bighorn last October, lol. Constantly cruising the car buying sites to see if I had gotten a great deal. The good news was that there were very few sales that matched mine, many others were at least a grand higher so I think I did good. Wife was constantly asking me, Why TF are you looking again.. you unhappy? Must be a guy thing, lol.

Then of course a couple months after I bought it, they come out with my favorite Ram edition, the Built To Serve. Now I was constantly on there pricing BTS’s in the area and at one point actually drove out to look at one. But it would have cost me $8-10k out of pocket to get into one and that was just stupid, since my Bighorn comes with close to everything the BTS’s have (minus the cool seats, e-locker, Alpine and flag decals.) So that’s why I found a set of BTS wheels, blacked out my emblems and called it a day. LOVE my Ram and ain’t gonna be looking for a new one for a LONG time
We're just suckers for pain. :cool:

ajkeence99

Reaction score
If you have a scat pack and are going to trade it in, now is the time don’t know if u can but if that is your plan any time near you can get a lot of $$ for them now. I got rid of a leased with 14 months left and CarMax gave me $4300 to take it off my hands. (Gave me 34k for a car that I paid 40k 2 years ago and was worth 30k last year) there suppose to be a shortage of them, dealer by my house are asking 10K Over MSRP. Used are selling between 38k & 40k. im sure dealer will beat the CarMax value.

Can confirm. I just traded in an 18 Charger Scat Pack with 28k miles for $35k. I paid $31,900 for it in January with 14k miles. I couldn't pass up that along with getting $14k off the sticker of a 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn Night Edition.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can confirm. I just traded in an 18 Charger Scat Pack with 28k miles for $35k. I paid $31,900 for it in January with 14k miles. I couldn't pass up that along with getting $14k off the sticker of a 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn Night Edition.
Wow...great deal. My 16 charger scat pack has 21k miles on it...but I love the darn thing to part with it. I know I can get a good deal for it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

baccigalup

Reaction score
i dont see dealers willing to bargain much on the Laramies, there are not alot i see in inventories to choose from) looking at one now with 27 h package, sport package, ram box sunroof and bed liner, etorque, tonneau cover, nav/safety and polished wheels for 60K (6600 off msrp) very sweet looking ride and has everything i want except the steps. not sure if its worth waiting for better deals in another month or not.

Derekautorepair

Reaction score
New Here - Bought from Central FL area -
Purchased April 2nd 2020
2020 Ram Rebel AWD Crew Cab
MSRP $62845

Purchase Price $55,832.91
Sales Tax $3,465.59
Dealer Fee $899.75
Tag Agency Fee $279
New Tag $450
Title $49.50

OTD $60976.75
I qualified and decided to take 0% for 84 months
Nothing in finance office - got gap from insurance.

First Big Purchase- if anyone wants to let me know how I did feel free. Up to learning. Also if u want to share tips with a newbie. Sticker attached.

Attachments

• 20200830_081026.jpg
    20200830_081026.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 48

Users who are viewing this thread