5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would anyone know when the ram website will start making 2021 pricing available? Since productions on the 2021 are starting soon, and the TRX coming out tomorrow, I just wanted to start getting some information in the newer models.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Would anyone know when the ram website will start making 2021 pricing available? Since productions on the 2021 are starting soon, and the TRX coming out tomorrow, I just wanted to start getting some information in the newer models.

None of us knows for sure but since the TRX is launching tomorrow and 2021 production begins two weeks later on 31 Aug, I would guess 2021 pricing goes live tomorrow as well.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that TRX pricing will be $70-80K plus based on the way FCA prices Hellcats vs reg Chargers/Challengers and the TrackHawk.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that TRX pricing will be $70-80K plus based on the way FCA prices Hellcats vs reg Chargers/Challengers and the TrackHawk.
It's definately out of my price range, but im curious on what new technologies they might implement...besides the heads up display.

BowDown

Reaction score
It's definately out of my price range, but im curious on what new technologies they might implement...besides the heads up display.

Suspension and a Hellcat engine.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2019 leftover. Big Horn, white, quad cab, 6'4" bed, 4x4, tow package (hitch and connections), bucket seats, remote start, 8.4in u-connect, 5.4l Hemi. Sticker was $45,365 paid $36,700. This was after being at the dealer for 5 hours negotiating. Probably not a screaming deal but it seemed like an alright price. Hard to gauge on here, seems like everyone is going with loaded up trucks.
425ea152228906715afd44c6404b446c.jpg
A new truck (new to you) for $36.7... whats not to like? If you keep it then its certainly a good deal. Rarer 6.4 bed. Just get the updates and TSB’s applied.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Mak Haik in Houston advertises low prices but has 10k in add ons. They advertised a Limited for $49K a few weeks ago but the real sales price was 59K after addons. Helfman/RiverOaks gave me a good deal but ultimately 4 Stars Ram in Herrienta TX gave me the best deal and dealer traded for my truck with Mak Haik in Georgetown. Mak Haik in Georgetown quoted me 61K OTD for the very same truck that they dealer traded with 4 Stars who then sold it to me for 54,7 OTD. Blue Bonnet had deals but they didn't have any Limiteds, Nyle Maxwell had some great deals too but I didn't want 4x4. Maxwell had 4x4 Limiteds within $1500 of same trim level 4x2 I saw elsewhere
Anytime a dealer advertises those BS prices they should be avoided. Its just not really honest. I’m sure the asterisks and fine print explain it all away but its still BS. List your true available sale price and quit trying to trick people.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Where in Colorado have you been shopping? Would you be willing to name the dealerships? I'm about to embark on my search for a 2020 night edition Laramie. Seems like you can only find a few at each dealership. The advertised prices are all over the place here in Colorado. Thanks in advance...
Look at Johnsons in Brighton (Denver). My brother just bought a CTD 3500 there and he said they treated him fairly and gave him a good price on his trade. Both were diesels and hd so apples to oranges with a gas 1500 though.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Here in Colorado I emailed 4 different dealers with an offer on a Limited of 18.5% below MSRP included all fees except TTL.
Only one replied with a 'i can't do that', silence from the other 3. Guess I'll be lurking for the next few months and see what happens before joining the dance once again. Maybe even with a different partner, depending how the new 2021 Ford's are.
Try the big volume dealers located out of state (Criswell (sp?), Dennis Dillon, Koons) and consider getting it shipped or just flying out and driving back. If you read a few pages back several have done that.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anytime a dealer advertises those BS prices they should be avoided. Its just not really honest. I’m sure the asterisks and fine print explain it all away but its still BS. List your true available sale price and quit trying to trick people.
So true. I actually hold them accountable for the price. If they offer it, and its not available for me, then I'm walking out. Yes, when you break down the details, some of them don't apply to me, but the game can work both ways.

Dealer advertised the price...im here for that price. If I cant get it close to that price...on to the next dealer.

Bas

Reaction score
Try the big volume dealers located out of state (Criswell (sp?), Dennis Dillon, Koons) and consider getting it shipped or just flying out and driving back. If you read a few pages back several have done that.
That is very likely what I'll end up doing. Dillon's inventory and pricing has been abysmal though, Koons added on the 1695 destination fee making their price not so 'wow'so might take a look at criswell. Another option I am contemplating is to get a relative new used f150 and trade it in next year or so

BowDown

Reaction score
So true. I actually hold them accountable for the price. If they offer it, and its not available for me, then I'm walking out. Yes, when you break down the details, some of them don't apply to me, but the game can work both ways.

Dealer advertised the price...im here for that price. If I cant get it close to that price...on to the next dealer.

As did I but the issue is, they don't care

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score

Bas

Reaction score
Noticed that earlier in the day as well, now has a temporary outage

BowDown

Reaction score
Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Damn, 90K
Told you
If I were into off roading, I'd "Never Financially Recover from This"

Last edited:

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
View attachment 65722

View attachment 65723

Damn, 90K
Told you
If I were into off roading, I'd "Never Financially Recover from This"

lol Just give us the engine option on a regular Ram...would be sweet on a Limited and would be under $80k :) Stripped version gets you cloth/vinyl seats standard which is silly on an almost $72,000 truck ($69,995 base plus $1695 destination charge). The TRX loaded tops $100K...insane. Not to mention dealers will upcharge $10K plus for this thing.

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
I'd settle for the 6.4L tuned to about 450/450 in the ram 1500. just some sport upgrade to 5.7L. TRX will take a year or two to settle down on price after initial demand is used up.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I'd settle for the 6.4L tuned to about 450/450 in the ram 1500. just some sport upgrade to 5.7L. TRX will take a year or two to settle down on price after initial demand is used up.

The 6.4L HEMI makes a lot of sense to me but if FCA was going to do that, they'd have done it by now since it's been around a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread