5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

BigAdge

Reaction score
Which is why when people post their deals all they need to do is put MSRP, dealer discount, rebates (including what each one was). But people want to show how they got the best deal over others so they focus on OTD or just say rebates and it’s a useless comparison for someone trying to gauge their deal.
Right, it's looking like if you can get a dealer discount at 5k on top of manf incentives on a BTS it's a good deal, anything over that is great. I've had quite a few tell me no dd on top of incentives because they are selling quickly.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Right, it's looking like if you can get a dealer discount at 5k on top of manf incentives on a BTS it's a good deal, anything over that is great. I've had quite a few tell me no dd on top of incentives because they are selling quickly.

Yeah don't let them feed you that BS. I have seen plenty of BTS with dealer discounts of around $5K on top of rebates. I have been trying to decide if going with a well-optioned BTS makes sense over a Limited to save money but wife can't stand the black grill (she likes her chrome) so we'll see haha.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After much shopping around and searching from southern Texas to northern Wisconsin, I finally made a deal on a Limited. $68,725 MSRP. $58829 sale price. 14.4%. Best I could do. Limited inventory seems limited. Certainly not as good of a deal people are getting on Big Horns.

BigHorns have a lot more availability than Limiteds and more rebates, I had the same experience which is why I bought. I saw two car haulers yesterday loaded with Rams, not one was a Limited and someone made a post about Bluebonnet in South Texas having a lot of Rams, They had maybe 6, the same 6 they've had since March. Limiteds and Longhorns are slim pickens which I'm guessing FCA knows hence rebates on every truck but those

Bas

Reaction score
Here in Colorado I emailed 4 different dealers with an offer on a Limited of 18.5% below MSRP included all fees except TTL.
Only one replied with a 'i can't do that', silence from the other 3. Guess I'll be lurking for the next few months and see what happens before joining the dance once again. Maybe even with a different partner, depending how the new 2021 Ford's are.

BowDown

Reaction score
Here in Colorado I emailed 4 different dealers with an offer on a Limited of 18.5% below MSRP included all fees except TTL.
Only one replied with a 'i can't do that', silence from the other 3. Guess I'll be lurking for the next few months and see what happens before joining the dance once again. Maybe even with a different partner, depending how the new 2021 Ford's are.

That was happening to me even before covid, I don't think they want to spend time on "Internet" customers vs those calling in or coming in. I was told by one salesperson that he'd give me a better price if I was in the store, "we know you're serious at that point".

ST9

Reaction score
That was happening to me even before covid, I don't think they want to spend time on "Internet" customers vs those calling in or coming in. I was told by one salesperson that he'd give me a better price if I was in the store, "we know you're serious at that point".

I'm in CO as well and I went into dealerships about a month ago and no one was giving me a "better" price. I definitely would go in if they were serious enough to give some good discounts and not give the BS, "can't do it" line. If you do get someone who is willing to negotiate well in CO without all the games, please pass along. So far I think I am going to have to go out of state for any deal. BTW, looking for limited, pkg 1, body bumper color, 3.92, pano, 22's, 4x4, silver, no rambox.

hratiu

Reaction score
I'm in CO as well and I went into dealerships about a month ago and no one was giving me a "better" price. I definitely would go in if they were serious enough to give some good discounts and not give the BS, "can't do it" line. If you do get someone who is willing to negotiate well in CO without all the games, please pass along. So far I think I am going to have to go out of state for any deal. BTW, looking for limited, pkg 1, body bumper color, 3.92, pano, 22's, 4x4, silver, no rambox.

Repeatedly they kept asking me if i was serious during my negotiation down to 23% on my BTS. I can imagine that telephone would be very difficult to close to the deal. Also I would assume that CA dealer are seeking higher prices for the BTS banking on sales to Veterans. Here is Las Vegas it does not appear the dealers see it has a limited package.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
Don't forget the 33 gal tank and MFT! ;)

BowDown

Reaction score

I'm in Texas and had salespeople at 2 dealers tell me this when I called, one was Rockwall CJDR, the other Mac Haik in Houston. If you're willing to come to TX, I can tell you for fact, Rich Burkhalter at Meador Ram in FTW will give you a no bull s no add ons deal if he has the truck you want

BowDown

Reaction score
Repeatedly they kept asking me if i was serious during my negotiation down to 23% on my BTS. I can imagine that telephone would be very difficult to close to the deal. Also I would assume that CA dealer are seeking higher prices for the BTS banking on sales to Veterans. Here is Las Vegas it does not appear the dealers see it has a limited package.

I keep meaning to ask, is there a military service requirement to by a BTS or can anyone buy it?

Bas

Reaction score
I'm in Texas and had salespeople at 2 dealers tell me this when I called, one was Rockwall CJDR, the other Mac Haik in Houston. If you're willing to come to TX, I can tell you for fact, Rich Burkhalter at Meador Ram in FTW will give you a no bull s no add ons deal if he has the truck you want
I might just do that, I have an upcoming trip in October to crystal beach that will take me through there.

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
Unless you’re an expert haggler, going in is not the right move. They are salesmen, it’s their job to close the deal no matter what. If you do it via email, they lose most of their leverage. I emailed twenty local dealers and got an OTD price back from 15 of them on my factory build. I let them compete against each other for the low bid and took the best price. It’s a little tedious answering all the emails, but it’s your best bet to get a good deal wothout any conflict. Once they know you’re serious and you give them a firm timeline of when you’re making your decision, they’ll play the game.

BowDown

Reaction score
Unless you’re an expert haggler, going in is not the right move. They are salesmen, it’s their job to close the deal no matter what. If you do it via email, they lose most of their leverage. I emailed twenty local dealers and got an OTD price back from 15 of them on my factory build. I let them compete against each other for the low bid and took the best price. It’s a little tedious answering all the emails, but it’s your best bet to get a good deal wothout any conflict. Once they know you’re serious and you give them a firm timeline of when you’re making your decision, they’ll play the game.

That's what many of us did as we're buying trucks a state away unless you're in Texas where you can buy 600 miles away and still be in Texas. Most of the sales people saying this just want you on site to be able to get you to make an emotional buy.
I know the Rockwall dealer would actually have given me a better in person price because he relented and gave it to me via email but for the most part, you are correct and thats what most of us did/do

BowDown

Reaction score
I might just do that, I have an upcoming trip in October to crystal beach that will take me through there.

Look up his trucks on cars or cargurus.com then give him a call. His online prices are the real price and won't have any add-ons

philodog

Reaction score
Very nice! I looked over some of the items on NADA as well. Hope its not true on the Laramie level 2 I didn't see wireless chargers listed. I find it hard to believe they would remove that feature.
I see it on 'Seat Type" for the bucket seats. Doesn't show on the bench seats

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
After much shopping around and searching from southern Texas to northern Wisconsin, I finally made a deal on a Limited. $68,725 MSRP. $58829 sale price. 14.4%. Best I could do. Limited inventory seems limited. Certainly not as good of a deal people are getting on Big Horns.

Congrats on the truck! You live in South Texas?

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 Limited Ecodiesel. MSRP was 69,470, I got it for 61.000 w/0%. They offered a crap trade on my 15 so I sold it to Carmax for 26.000
I'm in New Hampshire sticks.

BigAdge

Reaction score
Got my BTS in ceramic grey, was a fight to get a whole lot, but ended up with a a dealer discount of 6k and incentives of 5k. MSRP 54k Price before TTL 43k. A little over 20% off and inventory was very limited on that color and edition which looks absolutely incredible to me and I didn't want to miss one. Hard to compare on here a lot because I don't have any other incentives I'm eligible for, how'd I do?

Optimus prime

Reaction score
Hi guys need some help. I am in Canada. Right now FCA has employee pricing plus. I am looking at a Sport, which I got the actual POC for from a dealer. It shows MSRP at 75,590 and FWP at 68,126. The dealer is listing the price online at 68k more or less after the employee pricing discount. Can I negotiate off of the FWP? I’m just a bit confused as to how much room there is to go down off of the FWP/if the dealer is still making a big profit considering the employee pricing promo is an FCA thing. Hope that makes sense? FWP is basically 10% off MSRP which seems like it isn’t that big of a discount as I see many on here mentioning 20%+ off...
Hey I'm in the Ontario region looking for a similar ram sport like you, best I got so far is $10,000 off but finding the doc fee way too high to jump on it.

Users who are viewing this thread