5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a 2020 BTS with sticker of $56,990. Vehicle will be registered in Virginia. Is 18.5% off MSRP OTD (with all taxes, doc fees, “freight”, etc) a solid deal or should I be looking for more? I don’t have the breakdown of dealer discount and incentives but a discount is discount...so should I pull the trigger?
Absolutely!

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a 2020 BTS with sticker of $56,990. Vehicle will be registered in Virginia. Is 18.5% off MSRP OTD (with all taxes, doc fees, “freight”, etc) a solid deal or should I be looking for more? I don’t have the breakdown of dealer discount and incentives but a discount is discount...so should I pull the trigger?
That is an exceptionally good deal if truly OTD. Jump on it before they come to their senses.

ezduzit

Reaction score
Hi, looking for some dealer recommendations here in Southern California. I live in San Diego and haven’t had much luck. I’m looking for a Rebel and open to the options. Thanks!

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Hi, looking for some dealer recommendations here in Southern California. I live in San Diego and haven’t had much luck. I’m looking for a Rebel and open to the options. Thanks!
Stay away from the following:
Perry Chrysler
Carlburger
Tuttle Click (OC)
Los Angeles Chrysler

Dramrod

Reaction score

18.5% otd sounds good. Triple check to see if there aren’t rebates you’re missing. I just purchased my BTS, MSRP of 56,700 for $41,920 before TTL + freight in Virginia — Lustine in Woodbridge, Va). So a tad more of 26% off msrp. You should be able to get that, too. They even do dealer transfers to get the truck you want. I’d call Lustine CJDR and ask for Nahom to see what he can do. Dude is amazing and is a car guy himself. Just stick to your guns in the financing box — they’re pushy AF. DM me and let me know if you want to see my deal.

Last edited:

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I just purchased my BTS, MSRP of 56,700 for $41,920 before TTL + freight in Virginia — Lustine in Woodbridge, Va). So a tad more of 26% off msrp. You should be able to get that, too. They even do dealer transfers to get the truck you want. I’d call Lustine CJDR and ask for Nahom to see what he can do. Dude is amazing and is a car guy himself. Just stick to your guns in the financing box — they’re pushy AF. DM me and let me know if you want to see my deal.

MSRP includes freight ($1695) so that would be 23% off MSRP (($41,920+$1,695)/$56,700)). Not nick-picking you (good job), I just want to make sure it's a level playing field when people try to compare their deals to your's if they're looking at buying a BTS like you did.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
The Ram site has updated a launch date for the TRX it looks like (17 Aug) so perhaps the 2021 builds will go live that day....we'll see.

EGP

Reaction score
New to forum would like to know what would be the best discount to shoot for on a 2019 ram limited with a MSRP of $65000.00

nwalk4

Reaction score
Sent you a PM.
Thanks for your info!

18.5% otd sounds good. Triple check to see if there aren’t rebates you’re missing. I just purchased my BTS, MSRP of 56,700 for $41,920 before TTL + freight in Virginia — Lustine in Woodbridge, Va). So a tad more of 26% off msrp. You should be able to get that, too. They even do dealer transfers to get the truck you want. I’d call Lustine CJDR and ask for Nahom to see what he can do. Dude is amazing and is a car guy himself. Just stick to your guns in the financing box — they’re pushy AF. DM me and let me know if you want to see my deal.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
I agree with Bas. 18.5% out the door is pretty good. I'll be happy to get that when I pay for mine.

nwalk4

Reaction score
Come to find out the BTS for $56,990 at this dealership has a hold on it already so they have another with an MSRP of $55,495...working on getting that one down 18.5% off MSRP, right now it’s at $42,612 plus TTL freight, etc. which is $47,128 OTD which comes to 15% off MSRP.

Bas

Reaction score
Here in CO the best offer I got so far has been 12.5% off MSRP including rebates and their D&H. So far I have politely refused. When they ask me for my number I usually do something like 22% off MSRP including their whatever fees as the starting offer. In general they immediately stop communicating. So I will likely look at buying out of state, just the whole corona virus situation is keeping me from wanting to fly out to get it; alternatively I could cough up the $1200 or to have it shipped if the dealer is willing to arrange for that. Even with that additional cost I would safe thousands over buying locally.

ezduzit

Reaction score
So, wanted a rebel, but hard to find a good deal here in Socal. I did find a truck that I really like. Tell me what you think of the deal. Big Horn with MSRP $53,995 , after all discounts it is $41, 695 + TTL. Thanks again!

JetSet1

Reaction score
Here in CO the best offer I got so far has been 12.5% off MSRP including rebates and their D&H. So far I have politely refused. When they ask me for my number I usually do something like 22% off MSRP including their whatever fees as the starting offer. In general they immediately stop communicating. So I will likely look at buying out of state, just the whole corona virus situation is keeping me from wanting to fly out to get it; alternatively I could cough up the $1200 or to have it shipped if the dealer is willing to arrange for that. Even with that additional cost I would safe thousands over buying locally.
Where in Colorado have you been shopping? Would you be willing to name the dealerships? I'm about to embark on my search for a 2020 night edition Laramie. Seems like you can only find a few at each dealership. The advertised prices are all over the place here in Colorado. Thanks in advance...

Dramrod

Reaction score

keep looking at RamTrucks website. Ensure the package selected is the “built to serve.” That’s how i found the dealer. Sometimes when it says “in transit,” it takes a few days to populate but it could be on the lot. I understand the pain of finding it and immediately it goes to sold. RamTrucks usually updates every few days from what I’ve gathered.

Bas

Reaction score
Where in Colorado have you been shopping? Would you be willing to name the dealerships? I'm about to embark on my search for a 2020 night edition Laramie. Seems like you can only find a few at each dealership. The advertised prices are all over the place here in Colorado. Thanks in advance...
Pretty much from Denver to Cheyenne. Christopher Dodge in Golden and the one in fort Collins would give around 10% discount and most will likely give that, but that is just not enough for me. I will probably wait until the 21's come out since I am interested in the hud and uconnect5.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Talk to Mark Hart at Autonation Ram in Centennial. I just picked up my 2020 Built-to-Serve from him. MSRP $57.5K, total before taxes $45.5K. $12K off including rebates and dealer discount. Best deal I was able to find...and I'm in California.

Users who are viewing this thread