5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

2 Pulled Hammys

Reaction score
Just took delivery of my truck today from Criswell. I put some detailed information about my final pricing in the order tracker thread. Link to it here for anyone curious about how things went for me:
Congrats on the truck Paultg, it's a sweet looking ride! I'm a sucker for Flame Red. I've been following your process and glad to hear your experience with Criswell was smooth. DC is only a two hour drive for me so it's nice to know that Criswell and Koons are solid options for ordering.

I think you mentioned this when you ordered, but in my communication with Carl, he would honor rebates at time of order that weren't contingent on financing with Chrysler Capital or rebates at time of delivery, whichever were better. Koons is only what's available at time of delivery. If the prices are comparable, I much prefer knowing the minimum rebates I would have available to me.

I'm seeing plenty of trucks I'd be happy with and am content to wait a bit longer to see if I can get a good deal on a lot truck, but will keep what I've learned about Criswell and Koons in my back pocket. Based on watching local dealer's inventories, truck sales seem to still be pretty strong so I don't think we'll see any great incentives on 2020's until maybe when 2021's are on the lots, and it may be slim pickings then. Though I did have a dealer contact me last week saying they would soon be getting in a bunch of new 2020 trucks. I think September will be an interesting time for the US as schools and universities start back up. This may have no impact on the truck market, but there are plenty of people who's jobs and economic status are impacted by schools being able to be open. Fingers crossed that maybe September will bring about some good end of quarter/model year end clearance incentives.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck Paultg, it's a sweet looking ride! I'm a sucker for Flame Red. I've been following your process and glad to hear your experience with Criswell was smooth. DC is only a two hour drive for me so it's nice to know that Criswell and Koons are solid options for ordering.

I think you mentioned this when you ordered, but in my communication with Carl, he would honor rebates at time of order that weren't contingent on financing with Chrysler Capital or rebates at time of delivery, whichever were better. Koons is only what's available at time of delivery. If the prices are comparable, I much prefer knowing the minimum rebates I would have available to me.

I'm seeing plenty of trucks I'd be happy with and am content to wait a bit longer to see if I can get a good deal on a lot truck, but will keep what I've learned about Criswell and Koons in my back pocket. Based on watching local dealer's inventories, truck sales seem to still be pretty strong so I don't think we'll see any great incentives on 2020's until maybe when 2021's are on the lots, and it may be slim pickings then. Though I did have a dealer contact me last week saying they would soon be getting in a bunch of new 2020 trucks. I think September will be an interesting time for the US as schools and universities start back up. This may have no impact on the truck market, but there are plenty of people who's jobs and economic status are impacted by schools being able to be open. Fingers crossed that maybe September will bring about some good end of quarter/model year end clearance incentives.
Thats actually a good question. Did fca start making any of the 2021 models yet? Wife is looking for a jeep late August...and in secretly shopping for rams...after she gets her jeep...lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2 Pulled Hammys

Reaction score
Thats actually a good question. Did fca start making any of the 2021 models yet? Wife is looking for a jeep late August...and in secretly shopping for rams...after she gets her jeep...lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Not yet, I don't believe. I think I saw it somewhere on here that they would start end of August or first of September.

Paultg

Reaction score
Thanks and just to reiterate yes, I knew my minimum rebate amount would be $2500 which was available back in June when I ordered with Criswell. If they improved at time of delivery the truck would be less expensive. What it is called is “protecting the order”; FCA told me to ask the dealer if the order was protected and at Criswell it was.

In my case I did get an extra $1000 rebate at delivery so the deal was better than expected.

Bas

Reaction score
The best I have gotten in CO is a dealer discount of 8% off MSRP. It is ridiculous but it would be cheaper for me to buy from Koons, Criswell or other high volume dealer and have it shipped here than buying locally. So I might end up doing just that.

Skater

Reaction score
The best I have gotten in CO is a dealer discount of 8% off MSRP. It is ridiculous but it would be cheaper for me to buy from Koons, Criswell or other high volume dealer and have it shipped here than buying locally. So I might end up doing just that.

Try Bill Luke in Phoenix or Chapman in Phoenix (or Las Vegas). They are much closer.

bramesh

Reaction score
This forum is a fountain of info! Any recommendations for a good no-BS volume dealer in Houston ? Looking to price a 2021 Ram 1500. Thanks.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
This forum is a fountain of info! Any recommendations for a good no-BS volume dealer in Houston ? Looking to price a 2021 Ram 1500. Thanks.

Helfman and Mak Haik are volume dealers in Houston and if you're up for a short drive, Bluebonnet in New Braunfels, TX is the #1 Ram volume dealer in Texas.

Last edited:

bramesh

Reaction score
Helfman and Mak Haik are volume dealers in Houston and if you're up for a short drive, Bluebonnet in New Braunfels, TX is the #1 Ram volume dealer in Texas.

Awesome. Any sales people you'd recommend at those dealerships?

DaveTz

Reaction score
the best I can see seem to get on a Limited right now is 13.4% or 14.3% if I use FC credit off of MSRP I'm in the midwest. Is this about right?

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
That's with rebates. Is it because volume is getting low on the Limiteds?
I was just looking at the Bluebonnet website in New Braunfels, TX and I see 14%-15% off MSRP with rebates. They have quite a few Limiteds.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Awesome. Any sales people you'd recommend at those dealerships?

At Bluebonnet, Rodney Taylor is a good Sales Rep and Matt Fraser is the Sales Manager. They have a TON of Built-to-Serve and I mean a TON. Last check, I counted 4 on the lot and 12 in transit and they had 54 Limiteds.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Mak Haik in Houston advertises low prices but has 10k in add ons. They advertised a Limited for $49K a few weeks ago but the real sales price was 59K after addons. Helfman/RiverOaks gave me a good deal but ultimately 4 Stars Ram in Herrienta TX gave me the best deal and dealer traded for my truck with Mak Haik in Georgetown. Mak Haik in Georgetown quoted me 61K OTD for the very same truck that they dealer traded with 4 Stars who then sold it to me for 54,7 OTD. Blue Bonnet had deals but they didn't have any Limiteds, Nyle Maxwell had some great deals too but I didn't want 4x4. Maxwell had 4x4 Limiteds within $1500 of same trim level 4x2 I saw elsewhere

sublime1996525

Reaction score
Evening all! About a month ago I bought a new Ram. Normally I like to do some more research but I had an offer on my 2020 Tacoma for $2k more than I bought it for and I was hoping to make an in and out trade work. I feel I got an okay deal, especially considering how bad inventory was in Utah then.

So far I love this truck!

2020 Ram 1500 Laramie. Night Edition. Ivory Tri-Coat Peral. 3.92. 5.7 w/eTorque. 33 gallon tank. 12” screen. Level 2 Equipment Group. Trailer brake. Rubber mats. Wheelhouse liners.

MSRP $61,830
-$55,064.86 negotiated price
-$4,250 rebates
-$269 doc fee
=$51,083.86 plus TTL

Attachments

• 2586EFD4-E28D-4FD2-AEF0-03714B3F4272.jpeg
    2586EFD4-E28D-4FD2-AEF0-03714B3F4272.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 56

nwalk4

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a 2020 BTS with sticker of $56,990. Vehicle will be registered in Virginia. Is 18.5% off MSRP OTD (with all taxes, doc fees, “freight”, etc) a solid deal or should I be looking for more? I don’t have the breakdown of dealer discount and incentives but a discount is discount...so should I pull the trigger?

Users who are viewing this thread