5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can someone explain refinancing to me?.. Is taking a $1000 rebate worth it going with Chrysler Cap then refinancing?.. When you refinance, are you getting used car rates or new car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Can someone explain refinancing to me?.. Is taking a $1000 rebate worth it going with Chrysler Cap then refinancing?.. When you refinance, are you getting used car rates or new car?

What interest rate is Chrysler Capital charging you?

HellaHarry

Reaction score

This is a great question and I was wondering the same. I did read this for qualifying for a new car note:
Must be prior, current or upcoming year model with 10,000 miles or less

That said, still unsure about the associated fees to set up the initial loan or to transfer it to a new lender.

The Critic

Reaction score
If you can get lower financing elsewhere, then do it and forget about the $1,000 rebate. I was able to lock in 2.29% for 72 months.

Where? Best I can find is 2.74 for 60 months.

Chrysler’s rate was 5-6% for me. I am only holding onto the Chrysler loan long enough for the DMV registration to come in the mail.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you can get lower financing elsewhere, then do it and forget about the $1,000 rebate. I was able to lock in 2.29% for 72 months.

Yes. I can get 3.5 for 72 elsewhere.. but I will lose out on the rebate. I don’t think the rebate is worth it. Agree?

HellaHarry

Reaction score
But why not take the 1,000 then refi? Are the costs to do that more than 1,000. On the Bog Horn, I was told $1,500 of the rebates were contingent on FCA financing. On the Laramie, they are saying 500 is.

The Critic

Reaction score
Yes. I can get 3.5 for 72 elsewhere.. but I will lose out on the rebate. I don’t think the rebate is worth it. Agree?

Take the higher interest rate loan and re-fi once the DMV registration arrives. There is no penalty for early pay off.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is a great question and I was wondering the same. I did read this for qualifying for a new car note:
Must be prior, current or upcoming year model with 10,000 miles or less

That said, still unsure about the associated fees to set up the initial loan or to transfer it to a new lender.

I hear you. I read that people refinance but makes me think how it’s worth it??

HellaHarry

Reaction score
I agree. This way you can can go back if you ever have issues with the liner. Only prob is the dealer isn’t paying $500 for that.

@HellaHarry
-$5472 dealer discount is OK.
Doc fee sort of high but it is what it is
I’d take your trade to CarMax and get the $8k remove it from the deal.
Maybe when you tell dealer that they will come up more on it. Say they need to beat CarMax by $500.
They can’t lie on the rebates. They put your zip in and FCA prints it out.
you can call FCA if you want to confirm.

good luck!

So on the deal for the Big Horn he also put in a 500 rebate because I am buying it under a business name. He said that was available on the Laramie but when I asked for the list of rebates I qualify for, it wasn't on the list.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Take the higher interest rate loan and re-fi once the DMV registration arrives. There is no penalty for early pay off.
What he said. Take the $1000 rebate and then refinance at the lower rate. You will pay less interest over the course of the loan saving a ton of money.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
I hear you. I read that people refinance but makes me think how it’s worth it??

Because you save a lot of money over the course of the loan with the lower interest rate. When you send in your payment every month, more goes towards paying down the principal than going in the bank's pocket.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But why not just take the lower rate from the beginning?

The Critic

Reaction score

Because financing outside of Chrysler capital will not allow you to take advantage of all rebates.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Losing out on the $1000 rebate yes, but payment is still lower, and saving about 2k over the length of the loan still.

The Critic

Reaction score
Yes but the 3.5 @ 72 from outside FCU is still lower monthly payment and 2k savings over the length of loan.

??

Finance at the higher rate with Chrysler. Get all rebates. Find yourself a better rate outside, should be able to find under 3%. Re-finance within 30-60 days.

Users who are viewing this thread