5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

gf2020

Reaction score
Just looking for some feedback before pulling the trigger.

That sounds great for a diesel Laramie in this market. I can't get anywhere near that here in New England. Looks like I am going to go with a diesel Silverado 1500 RST because I just can't put a deal together with any Ram dealers.

Paultg

Reaction score
That sounds great for a diesel Laramie in this market. I can't get anywhere near that here in New England. Looks like I am going to go with a diesel Silverado 1500 RST because I just can't put a deal together with any Ram dealers.
I'm in southern NH about 40 miles north of Boston. Tried locally on some left over 2019s in Mass in CT. Gave up. Didn't even bother asking about ordering .
I opted to order from Criswell (Carl) down in MD and am expecting my truck to arrive in August.
I wasn't going to to pay too much for a in stock truck that isn't even configured the way I would prefer.

You can find Carl's info here:

Many are also buying from Koons in Virgina.

gf2020

Reaction score
I'm in southern NH about 40 miles north of Boston. Tried locally on some left over 2019s in Mass in CT. Gave up

Paul, I have followed your threads. I live on the North Shore but I am a consultant working in central Maine during the week. My situation is further complicated as I am looking to trade in 2 vehicles on the 1 new truck. I was working with a Ram dealer in Maine at the end of May on a Laramie EcoDiesel but I got cold feet and did not pull the trigger. Obviously since then inventories have gotten scarce and rebates have declined a bit. A MA Chevrolet dealer has a truck in transit that checks pretty much all of my boxes and we have come to an agreement in principal.

tom318

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but has anyone received and used the $1000 rebate from motortrend? I see it as an available promo and i'm also interested in signing up for motortrend, so if there is any advice on how i can secure that coupon, that would be great! Ill be ordering a Laramie shortly, just want RAM to officially release the 2021 on the site so i can see what these new options will look like and if i want to add them. Trying to plan ahead and gather up as many coupons/rebates I can.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but has anyone received and used the $1000 rebate from motortrend? I see it as an available promo and i'm also interested in signing up for motortrend, so if there is any advice on how i can secure that coupon, that would be great! Ill be ordering a Laramie shortly, just want RAM to officially release the 2021 on the site so i can see what these new options will look like and if i want to add them. Trying to plan ahead and gather up as many coupons/rebates I can.

Not sure what motortrend rebate you're referring to but if it's a TDM, you'll need to get the code and verify with the Chrysler Incentive Center as typically, you can't stack more than one TDM but they'll tell you what rebates can and can't be combined.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Here's an interesting link that shows what FCA communicated to Hertz for ordering purposes. You'll note they showed the initial 2021 ordering window opening on 8 Jul and do show production starting 31 August.

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
Does 5% below invoice on an order seem like a solid deal? I think it works out to be about 14% off MSRP in my situation. Found the guy from the Gladiator Forums when I was planning on ordering a diesel Gladiator. It's in the NW Iowa area, so not exactly close to a lot of people but for people looking to travel to purchase might be a good option for some of you. It's about 3 1/2 hours for me and I've not had good luck with my local dealers in the past.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Here's an interesting link that shows what FCA communicated to Hertz for ordering purposes. You'll note they showed the initial 2021 ordering window opening on 8 Jul and do show production starting 31 August.

Until then, I hear you can still order 2020 models as long as you instruct the dealer to code the order as a "sold unit" vs "allocated."

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Does 5% below invoice on an order seem like a solid deal? I think it works out to be about 14% off MSRP in my situation. Found the guy from the Gladiator Forums when I was planning on ordering a diesel Gladiator. It's in the NW Iowa area, so not exactly close to a lot of people but for people looking to travel to purchase might be a good option for some of you. It's about 3 1/2 hours for me and I've not had good luck with my local dealers in the past.
That's a better offer than I've been able to get. The best I've gotten is $500-$700 below invoice or $5K-$6K off MSRP. Looking for a Big Horn 4x4 fully loaded. Looking in and out of state.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score

I would say yes for sure. Koons offers 6% below invoice now on ordered trucks plus a $899 doc fee so really more like 5% below invoice.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Until then, I hear you can still order 2020 models as long as you instruct the dealer to code the order as a "sold unit" vs "allocated."

Several on here were told they couldn't order 2020s when they tried and one guy who ordered a 2020 found out the next day it didn't go through and he'd have to order a 2021. After seeing what changes were being made for the 2021 and seeing them confirmed, I'm planning to order a 2021.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Several on here were told they couldn't order 2020s when they tried and one guy who ordered a 2020 found out the next day it didn't go through and he'd have to order a 2021. After seeing what changes were being made for the 2021 and seeing them confirmed, I'm planning to order a 2021.
That makes sense. I'll probably do the same thing. I just can't decide between Hemi with e-torque vs diesel for pulling a travel trailer i don't yet own lol. The new tech on 2021 models is nice though - AHC and ADG.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
That makes sense. I'll probably do the same thing. I just can't decide between Hemi with e-torque vs diesel for pulling a travel trailer i don't yet own lol. The new tech on 2021 models is nice though - AHC and ADG.

Yeah if you're going to tow at all, the changes for the 2021 will definitely come in useful especially the new Trailer Tow Group. I've never towed but HEMI with 3.92s is rated to tow more than the ED so it really depends on how much weight your TT will be. There's a guy on here that tows a 9,000lb 5th wheel with his 1500!

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea as to when we'll actually see the build options and pricing for 2021's? I've heard of dealers having this already and if production starts at the end of August, it has to be soon, right? I've found a 2020 Rebel currently in transit to a local dealer and before I even start a discussion with them, it would put my mind at ease knowing what a 2021 build would look like in terms of options and cost.
One of the dealers I spoke with said it should be in a couple of weeks. The options are almost the same except for new trailer tow group ($1790 MSRP, code AHC) and advanced tech group ($1095 MSRP, code ADG). These are for Bighorn. On the rebel, the advanced safety group is coded ALP. I think either safety group or comfort and convenience group from 2020 may no longer be available, don't quote me on this.

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
I would say yes for sure. Koons offers 6% below invoice now on ordered trucks plus a $899 doc fee so really more like 5% below invoice.

I think this includes having Tread Lightly membership so that's a small cost too and then a $75 doc fee.

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
That's a better offer than I've been able to get. The best I've gotten is $500-$700 below invoice or $5K-$6K off MSRP. Looking for a Big Horn 4x4 fully loaded. Looking in and out of state.

I came across him on the Jeep Gladiator forum. Super nice guy and a lot of people on that forum have dealt with him and reported being really pleased. He is fast on the response and super helpful in my experiences so far. Here's his contact information.

Spencer Heywood
Motor Inn Of Spirit Lake
[email protected]
712-336-2701

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
One of the dealers I spoke with said it should be in a couple of weeks. The options are almost the same except for new trailer tow group ($1790 MSRP, code AHC) and advanced tech group ($1095 MSRP, code ADG). These are for Bighorn. On the rebel, the advanced safety group is coded ALP. I think either safety group or comfort and convenience group from 2020 may no longer be available, don't quote me on this.

The guy I've talked to was able to send me a build sheet for 2021 so I think it's possible and all the info including pricing is out.

Users who are viewing this thread