5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Paultg

Reaction score
That was easily achievable last month . . . not sure about this month!

View attachment 58735
I’m seeing 2019 Big Horn CC / SB with 5.7l & 4WD locally.
MSRP is $49k with heated seats. The advertised price is $35.3 (no fees).
Very tempted to call but I think I want to wait. Plus I’m 90% sure the -$13k discount includes all rebates available and I’m sure it’s next to impossible to qualify for all. Its so frustrating I sort of want to just look used CPO to take the rebate/incentive crap out of the equation.

Flash25296

Reaction score
@Paultg How are you finding your models. I have been searching ramtrucks.com and then going to the dealer websites. I am in the Portland, Oregon area and I think there are like 12 dealers in my area. I typically see the MSRP and internet price listed but I am not sure if the Internet price includes any incentives. I guess I just need to contact the dealer when I think I have found what I want. I am in no hurry obviously with 19 years on the current vehicle. There are so many options to consider and thank you for this site. It has made this process more enjoyable to understand these vehicles and figure out what I likely want and what I need. I like that people are listing their deals without TTL as we don't have sales tax in Oregon so it makes comparing and understanding negotiated deals easier.

Paultg

Reaction score
@Paultg How are you finding your models. I have been searching ramtrucks.com and then going to the dealer websites. I am in the Portland, Oregon area and I think there are like 12 dealers in my area. I typically see the MSRP and internet price listed but I am not sure if the Internet price includes any incentives. I guess I just need to contact the dealer when I think I have found what I want. I am in no hurry obviously with 19 years on the current vehicle. There are so many options to consider and thank you for this site. It has made this process more enjoyable to understand these vehicles and figure out what I likely want and what I need. I like that people are listing their deals without TTL as we don't have sales tax in Oregon so it makes comparing and understanding negotiated deals easier.
I’m doing what you do too. Filter via RamTrucks.com, then use “quick view” for the VIN. Check the truck build via windows ticker.com and then decide to book mark the truck or not to keep an eye on it. Many of the dealers here advertise the price with every incentive available so it’s a fake price.

We have no sales tax in NH also. So I agree about how folks share info here. I just wish more would separate dealer discount and rebates. Essentially the rebates/incentives are regional and buyer dependent. We should really be focusing on MSRP - Dealer Discount only. I’ve seen dealer discounts over $5k which isn’t bad, but not great when rebates/incentives stink.
I’m curious is the Rebates/incentives get better if the dealers will just reduce their discounts or not. Have to wait and see.

GearHead71

Reaction score
I am currently looking at building a 2020 Laramie but heard from my dealer that the sunroof isn't an option right now. I guess the vendor is shut down due to covid.

I'm wondering if I should wait until the 2021s are available for order (hopefully the sunroof will be available by then) or if the incentives wont be as good. I'm new to this forum and haven't looked through all of this thread yet to see if this has already been discussed.

Also, about half the dealers I've talked to in my area are saying they can't build 2020s anymore.

Last edited:

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
I am currently looking at building a 2020 Laramie but heard from my dealer that the sunroof isn't an option right now. I guess the vendor is shut down due to covid.

I'm wondering if I should wait until the 2021s are available for order (hopefully the sunroof will be available by then) or if the incentives wont be as good. I'm new to this forum and haven't looked through all of this thread yet to see if this has already been discussed.
I'd be sure to double-check with a couple dealers just to make sure that's true. I sent out specs to like 20 dealerships and a couple came back saying they couldn't add this or that, while other dealers had no problems building it exactly as I wanted. Not sure what that was about, but probably worth looking into for your sake.

GearHead71

Reaction score
I'd be sure to double-check with a couple dealers just to make sure that's true. I sent out specs to like 20 dealerships and a couple came back saying they couldn't add this or that, while other dealers had no problems building it exactly as I wanted. Not sure what that was about, but probably worth looking into for your sake.

Will do, I'll ask a few more dealers. I've talked to 5 and 3 of them are saying they can't build ANY 2020s. I'll keep looking around though. Thanks!

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
Will do, I'll ask a few more dealers. I've talked to 5 and 3 of them are saying they can't build ANY 2020s. I'll keep looking around though. Thanks!
I ordered my 2020 two days ago. One dealer told me it was the last day to order (obviously I was skeptical that it was a pressure tactic) and another dealer told me you could still order for a few weeks, but no one was able to give me a firm answer on exact date, so I'm not sure they know for sure.

GearHead71

Reaction score
ered my 2020 two days ago. One dealer told me it was the last day to order (obviously I was skeptical that it was a pressure tactic) and another dealer told me you could still order for a few weeks, but no one was able to give me a firm answer on exact date, so I'm no

I had a dealer 2 days ago tell me the same thing, it was the last day to order.... wonder if it's getting close

BeemerG

Reaction score
I have been trying to order Rebel Eco Diesel, working with 3 dealers all of them discounting only $4200 off the MSRP plus incentives at the time of delivery. I might just stick with GMC AT4 Diesel Carbon fiber Edition. GMC I am getting $9500 off of MSRP plus what ever the incentives at the time of delivery. Even there are ****ty incentives at the time of delivery I still come a head with GMC then I do with Ram. I really want give Chrysler try, but don't have money to throw away. More power to all of you who are getting big discount on factory order.

dallas

Reaction score
I have been trying to order Rebel Eco Diesel, working with 3 dealers all of them discounting only $4200 off the MSRP plus incentives at the time of delivery. I might just stick with GMC AT4 Diesel Carbon fiber Edition. GMC I am getting $9500 off of MSRP plus what ever the incentives at the time of delivery. Even there are ****ty incentives at the time of delivery I still come a head with GMC then I do with Ram. I really want give Chrysler try, but don't have money to throw away. More power to all of you who are getting big discount on factory order.

How are you getting $9500 off MSRP plus rebates at the time of delivery? There's currently a $6,000 rebate on those and dealers in my area aren't even close to taking $9,500 off with the rebate amount INCLUDED!

BeemerG

Reaction score
How are you getting $9500 off MSRP plus rebates at the time of delivery? There's currently a $6,000 rebate on those and dealers in my area aren't even close to taking $9,500 off with the rebate amount INCLUDED!
Duno what to tell you. I went on GMC site build my AT4 with options, then emailed it to 7 dealers and 4 comeback with identical offer +/_ few dollar, delivery end of August maybe September. Unless factory start spitting out truck sooner.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score

Some GMC dealers are giving invoice pricing which is how you get to that. I have a supplier pricing code that gets me invoice minus rebates so about $9800 and change off on a $66000 loaded AT4 Carbon Pro.

Flash25296

Reaction score
So how does the build your own truck work. You select all your options and configuration items and then submit for a Quote? Then you shop that quote around to various dealers to haggle for best Dealer mark downs.

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
So how does the build your own truck work. You select all your options and configuration items and then submit for a Quote? Then you shop that quote around to various dealers to haggle for best Dealer mark downs.
Go on the website to build your truck with everything you want. It will then give you a PDF with all the specs. Send it to dealerships and ask for the lowest pre-rebate OTD price and that you’re asking multiple dealers and will choose the best offer by a certain deadline. It’s a little tedious dealing with emails from 10+ dealers at once, but it beats phone calls and in-person haggling.

gf2020

Reaction score
Some GMC dealers are giving invoice pricing which is how you get to that. I have a supplier pricing code that gets me invoice minus rebates so about $9800 and change off on a $66000 loaded AT4 Carbon Pro.

Current rebate on the Sierra 1500 is $6000, so invoice minus rebate would definitely get you to over a $9000 discount from MSRP.

Perhaps BeemerG is mistaken because I don't think any GMC dealer is giving you a $9500 discount and then an additional discount for the available rebates, a total of $15,500. That's just not happening on a Sierra 1500. Perhaps what they meant is $9500 off or the equivalent based on the rebates available in August or September.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Duno what to tell you. I went on GMC site build my AT4 with options, then emailed it to 7 dealers and 4 comeback with identical offer +/_ few dollar, delivery end of August maybe September. Unless factory start spitting out truck sooner.
Well good luck with it. Hope you feel you made the right decision and not regret a Ram with the better ride quality and interior....

maildarrencox

Reaction score
I got a crazy deal on a 2020 long horn, I built the spec of truck I liked, then emailed 85 dealers copyied all on the same email asking them all to bid on the cost. I got prices from 91k to 61k the same truck. You will get a lot of calls back trying to get you into the show rooms. But I explained in the email you are only calling back the 5 cheapest. I got insulted by a few saying they don't do business like this and others who would send a quote back with something missing of the qoute. But in the end got a crazy good price.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
I got a crazy deal on a 2020 long horn, I built the spec of truck I liked, then emailed 85 dealers copyied all on the same email asking them all to bid on the cost. I got prices from 91k to 61k the same truck. You will get a lot of calls back trying to get you into the show rooms. But I explained in the email you are only calling back the 5 cheapest. I got insulted by a few saying they don't do business like this and others who would send a quote back with something missing of the qoute. But in the end got a crazy good price.

85?!?! I did 20 and it was a lot of emails to respond to, I can't imagine dealing with 4x that many. Nice work!

Tcanderson20

Reaction score

How much did you wind up getting off?

Users who are viewing this thread