5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
Actually that was with rebates built
In but you are right hopefully they are better later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotcha, I'm gathering quotes for a build right now and all the dealerships around here only offer the rebates available at time of delivery/purchase. It's not a huge deal since the June incentives aren't great, so I assume it's only going to get better by July/August.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The easiest way would be going to the 6.4 and retaining MDS and VVT.
The engine is really maxed out at its current displacement with respect to maintaining driveability and a truck type torque curve.
Boost would be an even better enhancement because it would deliver a better truck torque curve yet retain its driving civility.
A supercharged 5.7 Hemi Ram sounds nice :)

RB1500

Reaction score
Just checked my local dealer, if i ordered a new 2020 Bighorn he said he would lock in the price of june incentives for whenever the truck is delivered.
I am having a hard time beleiving this, anybody hear this also?

Boston

Reaction score
Just checked my local dealer, if i ordered a new 2020 Bighorn he said he would lock in the price of june incentives for whenever the truck is delivered.
I am having a hard time beleiving this, anybody hear this also?

Same discussion as a few posts before....

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
So, after receiving around 10 or so quotes for a new build, the lowest offer is about $1k below all other offers. They say they are offering me "employee pricing" plus TTL for an OTD price, and that this is prior to rebates, which will be figured at time of delivery/purchase. Is there anything I'm missing with the employee pricing that might be misleading and why they can be so much lower than all the other offers? Will "employee pricing" keep me from receiving other rebates and they aren't telling me that or something?

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
So, after receiving around 10 or so quotes for a new build, the lowest offer is about $1k below all other offers. They say they are offering me "employee pricing" plus TTL for an OTD price, and that this is prior to rebates, which will be figured at time of delivery/purchase. Is there anything I'm missing with the employee pricing that might be misleading and why they can be so much lower than all the other offers? Will "employee pricing" keep me from receiving other rebates and they aren't telling me that or something?

Employee pricing is about 5% below invoice. Employee pricing doesn't affect any rebates and you'll be able to take whatever rebates you qualify for at the time of delivery.

The Critic

Reaction score
First post here.

Looking a Ram 1500 priced around 40K with equipment that is equal or better to the Level 2 Bighorn Pkg, Anti-Slip Rear Diff and Hemi (non-etorque). If I can squeeze in 4wd and leather at this price range, it is a plus. Currently undecided in regards to the 3.21 vs 3.92 gears.

I found this oddball truck at a local dealer:
2020 Laramie
4X4
Trailer Brake Controller
Anti-Slip Rear Diff
Bench seats

Sticker is $50120, the dealer is offering $7200 off plus the current Laramie Rebates ($3K). The truck has been on the lot since September.

My employer qualifies me for affiliate pricing. I was originally considering a special order 2wd Bighorn, but the invoice price on my build is $44,579 (I think affiliate pricing is about 4% under published invoice) so I would technically be getting more truck by opting for the oddball Laramie.

Thoughts?
Not oddball. Saw many bench seats when I was looking at Big Horns and Laramies.

MSRP for a bare-bones "entry level" 4x4 crew cab Laramie is around $43K.

If it's got what you want then it's not an oddball. 3.21 dumps about 3K of towing but the truck has plenty of go with those (I have them). You basically get one less lower gear and one more higher gear. Good thread on that somewhere.

Once everyone realized that the tow mirrors cost you heat, power fold, and 360 degree camera dealershhips starting just going with the trailer brake controller to keep the smaller mirrors with all the features.
I called it an "oddball" truck because most other Laramies had a sticker price in the mid-upper $50K range. Unfortunately this truck was sold, possibly a long time ago; the website was not current.

In all honesty, 4wd and tow capabilities (e.g. 3.92 gears and brake controller) are "futureproof" options for me. I do not tow or go to the snow, so neither of these items have any value to me - they would just make the truck easier to resell later on (in theory).

In reality, all I need/want is a 4X2, Bucket Seats, Big Horn Level 2, Anti-Spin Rear Diff and a lower maintenance color than black. Leather would be a plus but it is not a deal breaker either. I guess I will keep looking.

Vols1018

Reaction score
Well decided to buy last Monday. 2020 1500 Bighorn Level 2 Night Edition with 12" screen, sunroof, 6'4 bed, 33 gallon tank, 3.92 gears among other stuff. 58k msrp, out the door 47k and they added running boards and a spray in bed liner into the deal as I requested it when I was walking out the door. I think I did pretty well with the incentives and such that are going on right now. I was only in there negotiating for about 30 min so that made it a little better.

U

User_3336

There is supplier pricing which is 1% below invoice, and there is employee pricing. they are both listed on the invoice.
Simply ask to see the invoice to see if they are being truthful.

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
Paid my deposit on my 2020 Laramie build!

MSRP $64,565
OTD pre-rebates $61,640 ($56ish before TTL)

I’ll update the numbers in 8-12 weeks or whenever it arrives with the rebates/incentives

F0URTEEN14

Reaction score
Hey all, been reading though this thread for a while now waiting for the right time to buy and you all have been super helpful! Just wanted to get some input on this deal...

2020 Rebel Crew 4x4 MSRP 59,125 (12in, Pano, LVL2).
It has 8800 miles as it was a lease (Company who leases vehicles for long term business travelers and switches customers out about every 10k miles. This was a single owner)
Price before TTL is 43,995.

What are your thoughts? I understand there is a risk of how these 8k miles were driven...
Thanks!

U

User_3336

NEW, you might have gotten around $11,000 off based off the history of dealer discounts and current incentives.
So, 49,125... Rebates are not usually as hefty on REBEL trims.

It would have been interesting to see the "lease buyout" price.

Some people drive the sh** outta leased vehicles, but with only 8800 miles, you could buy an MOPAR/FCA extended warranty relatively cheap.

Hey all, been reading though this thread for a while now waiting for the right time to buy and you all have been super helpful! Just wanted to get some input on this deal...

It has 8800 miles as it was a lease (Company who leases vehicles for long term business travelers and switches customers out about every 10k miles. This was a single owner)

What are your thoughts? I understand there is a risk of how these 8k miles were driven...
Thanks!

AK103

Reaction score
Paid my deposit on my 2020 Laramie build!

MSRP $64,565
OTD pre-rebates $61,640 ($56ish before TTL)

I’ll update the numbers in 8-12 weeks or whenever it arrives with the rebates/incentives

Where did you purchase from?

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score

Thanks!

Hi 14 : )
Are you saying "single owner" as in the Rental Company was the only owner? Or do you have info that it was only driven by one owner (unlikely) -
For me personally i would want a drive out price for what he is offering as the selling price, but if there is no negotiation room it sounds like you'd get out of there 45-48 depending on if there's a trade involved. That isn't a terrible deal, but 8K miles is a bunch for a 2020.

If you are able to look it over REALLY well and don't see a bunch of scratches and wear & tear, it could be worth it, you just have to decide if a Rebel built EXACTLY how you wanted it (don't know if this is) for approx 100 more a month would be worth it to you if you were to order one.

If your one of those that just would love having a new truck and this ticks a lot of boxes, sounds like a decent deal. IF, you are one of those nuts like me and would enjoy it way more if it was spec'ed out perfect, NO ONE has driven it and it is to be "your baby", i'd keep looking or order one.... Just depends which category ya fall into : )

Paultg

Reaction score

Thanks!
It is considered a CPO vehicle with the better warranty? That is what I’d expect since the truck is used.

Venom700

Reaction score
It is considered a CPO vehicle with the better warranty? That is what I’d expect since the truck is used.
CPO for RAMs is a joke. The extra warranty is pretty much worthless minus powertrain but then it has the deductible too.

F0URTEEN14

Reaction score
It was driven by one owner. It's exactly what I'm looking for minus the 33gal tank which is not a huge deal just a nice to have. I don't believe it comes with any type of RAM CPO warranty. I'm going to check it out next week once they're done servicing and detailing it. As long as it looks and drives okay I think it's a good deal, but wanted a few other opinions!

U

User_3336

Is the truck being sold by a dealer or the leasing company?

It was driven by one owner. It's exactly what I'm looking for minus the 33gal tank which is not a huge deal just a nice to have. I don't believe it comes with any type of RAM CPO warranty. I'm going to check it out next week once they're done servicing and detailing it. As long as it looks and drives okay I think it's a good deal, but wanted a few other opinions!

Users who are viewing this thread