5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Reaction score
Am I being too unrealistic asking around dealers for 20% off MSRP with the 0/84? I’m looking for Limiteds here in Texas and no dealer wants to get close. Am I too early in the month?

rybocf

Reaction score
Am I being too unrealistic asking around dealers for 20% off MSRP with the 0/84? I’m looking for Limiteds here in Texas and no dealer wants to get close. Am I too early in the month?

I didn't have any luck getting more than 14% with the 0% deal...MA dealers

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes IMO, nothing to do with the timing. It’s just not possible. To get to that TOTAL discount you are going to need 14-15% dealer discount AND 5% rebates. Again, my opinion.

Cravenfan

Reaction score

Probably won't get both...unless things really change. You need to figure out the dollars on the 0% offer and then the value of the incentives, etc.

glunkey

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the FCA Emergency response discount? I saw that GM offers it for first responders and health care workers. FCA offers site advises up to 8k in cash incentives if eligible. Very close to purchasing...didn't know if this would help or not.

jbdan

Reaction score
My apologies posted in wrong section. You can find it in the Ordering Info thread HERE

Last edited:

llackey23

Reaction score
There is a lot of discussion around that - I am negotiating right now with mine and they are not budging. 15% is about as good as I can get. There are many theories as to why they aren't budging - my take is it's supply and demand - lots of dealers are closed and the plant isnt making any so they are going to stay firm on their pricing because it could be months before the plants get cranking again

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
@jbdan Careful on the discounts. make sure you have them spell it out. Don't let them combine their discount and national incentives together when you're making this decision. I recommend that you confirm the 9500 is the dealer discount only, and that at the time of delivery you'll get national incentives and can review finance options then. So you could get 9500 from dealer plus 4k from factory at time of delivery. Then you add TTL. You should be able to get out the door for 50-52k if you push. As others have stated, you probably won't get more than 15% from dealer, and then can add from 5-15% from factory depending on the available deals at time of delivery. Fed interest rates are low so zero interest financing should be available for the rest of the year. Unless Fed raises rates. Best one I've seen upfront is 8% below FWP price on build sheet, plus incentives at time of delivery and minus an 800 fee.

jbdan

Reaction score
Thank you jeep, much appreciated.

I now realize this thread is really for posting deals already received....not all my gibberish of "dealing", my apologies gang..

I'll move to "Ordering Info" thread :)

Last edited:

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
Thank you jeep, much appreciated.

I now realize this thread is really for posting deals already received....not all my gibberish of "dealing", my apologies gang..

I'll move to "Ordering Info" thread :)
It has become a little of everything; deals received, deals being worked on, current promos, stories and bargaining tools. It is all helpful for getting a good deal.

keyser soze

Reaction score
Not sure why people are saying the best possible deal is maybe 15% off MSPR +incentives when only 1 page back someone is quoted showing their factory build copy with 22% off MSRP plus all incentives...

ktl5005

Reaction score
Not sure why people are saying the best possible deal is maybe 15% off MSPR +incentives when only 1 page back someone is quoted showing their factory build copy with 22% off MSRP plus all incentives...
Because the majority posting in here are stating their dealers will not move more than 14-15% off.......

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Where is this? Can you tag the post.

keyser soze

Reaction score
RePosting this for Clarification:

RamVito said:
Hi everybody,

Here is the deal I got.
I wondered into an empty dodge dealership near my house to find out about the deals going on. I got lucky and talked to a gentleman who happened to be the owner of the dealership. He told me he would make me a no BS deal on a new 1500. He did not have exactly what I was looking for so he offered to custom order one for me. I agreed and we went through the list of options.

Below is the information on the build sheet he provided me: ( Photo included )
* 2020 Ram 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4X2 ( I did not need 4x4 because I live in sunny California )
* 5.7 V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine
* Diamond Black
* 33 Gal Fuel Tank
* Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
* Dual Function Tailgate
* Rambox Cargo Management System
* Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
* Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
* Black Appearance Package

MSRP = $68,220
FWP ( Wholesale Price / Invoice ) = $62,657
HB ( Dealer Hold Back ) = $1,996
FFP ( Friends / Family Price ) = $62,105
EP ( Eligible Employee Price ) = $59,724
He hand wrote on the bottom of the build sheet the price he will sell this truck to me for ( I included a photo of the build sheet he handed to me ) = $52,675 + 0% for 84 Months and no payments for 90 days
( $15,545 discount from MSRP )

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting. Seems to be good to be true. I’m curious to see what you get offered. I’d like to order a new Cummins if we are tossing out this level of discount.

Grip750

Reaction score
Interesting. Seems to be good to be true. I’m curious to see what you get offered. I’d like to order a new Cummins if we are tossing out this level of discount.
I saw the build sheet in the original post and it says “with all rebates” and does not say 0%. Am I missing something?

Cravenfan

Reaction score
RePosting this for Clarification:

RamVito said:
Hi everybody,

Here is the deal I got.
I wondered into an empty dodge dealership near my house to find out about the deals going on. I got lucky and talked to a gentleman who happened to be the owner of the dealership. He told me he would make me a no BS deal on a new 1500. He did not have exactly what I was looking for so he offered to custom order one for me. I agreed and we went through the list of options.

Below is the information on the build sheet he provided me: ( Photo included )
* 2020 Ram 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4X2 ( I did not need 4x4 because I live in sunny California )
* 5.7 V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine
* Diamond Black
* 33 Gal Fuel Tank
* Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
* Dual Function Tailgate
* Rambox Cargo Management System
* Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
* Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
* Black Appearance Package

MSRP = $68,220
FWP ( Wholesale Price / Invoice ) = $62,657
HB ( Dealer Hold Back ) = $1,996
FFP ( Friends / Family Price ) = $62,105
EP ( Eligible Employee Price ) = $59,724
He hand wrote on the bottom of the build sheet the price he will sell this truck to me for ( I included a photo of the build sheet he handed to me ) = $52,675 + 0% for 84 Months and no payments for 90 days
( $15,545 discount from MSRP )

Sorry, where is the photo? Is this a build sheet for an order? Dealers can't guarantee incentive at time of order...it's what shakes out when it is delivered. But, if you have a signed quote, rock and roll!

Last edited:

Jrsem0317

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the FCA Emergency response discount? I saw that GM offers it for first responders and health care workers. FCA offers site advises up to 8k in cash incentives if eligible. Very close to purchasing...didn't know if this would help or not.

First responder added an additional $500 in rebates to my purchase.

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
Picture or no picture - looks like a good enough deal to me, for a fully loaded limited. Order it and enjoy it. And regardless what others say, the dealer can sell it for whatever price he wants. When times are real slow, the dealer can take the risks on the mfgr incentives. N normal times it is true that they generally won’t. But if this dealer won’t write a hard contract for you for the price quoted, then just walk and find a dealer that will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread