5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
comparing the same truck one is a 19 and one is a 20, what should be the price difference in buying new, basically what does a year of depreciation do to price

ahhh I’m tracking. I’d say not much at this point? At least with the current rebates. I doubt it’s that large, probably around 2k realistically? I mean the truck is still new, regardless of the year.

jastevenson

Reaction score
Dealers don't seem to fully comprehend that next month they are going to get obliterated. It's not entirely their fault--Ram rebates are pretty weak this month. But starting next month, they aren't going to sell a thing (but they sure will be paying finance charges!). Some dealers around me actually banned from being open because they are non-essential businesses.

If you're not happy with the price now, call them April 2nd. I'm expecting 25% off minimum.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealers don't seem to fully comprehend that next month they are going to get obliterated. It's not entirely their fault--Ram rebates are pretty weak this month. But starting next month, they aren't going to sell a thing (but they sure will be paying finance charges!). Some dealers around me actually banned from being open because they are non-essential businesses.

If you're not happy with the price now, call them April 2nd. I'm expecting 25% off minimum.

If I’m a dealer right now, I’m not cutting massive discounts to anybody with the factories now closed. Why would I significantly discount stock that I can’t replenish? Have you seen the cost of TP lately?

Economics are fascinating. The Fed cut interest rates and I’ve only seen mortgage rates increase in the last week. Reason? The customer demand shot thru the roof, so there’s no reason to discount the cost of good.

ktl5005

Reaction score
I am new to the forums. Curently driving a 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk but with a son now, going to need a truck so was looking at the Rams.

I called my local dealership Scranton Dodge who I love yesterday about a 2020 Laramie in Granite Crystal. MSRP 57k, with incentives was down to 47xxx (and these are the ones I qualified for). If I went with the 0 for 84 momths it would nuke all the rebates and would be around MSRP so I told my rep who I always deal with no way I could do that, would need incentives and rebates. If FCA did both, I'd be down there tomorrow buying it.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I think this dude is right
If I’m a dealer right now, I’m not cutting massive discounts to anybody with the factories now closed. Why would I significantly discount stock that I can’t replenish? Have you seen the cost of TP lately?

Economics are fascinating. The Fed cut interest rates and I’ve only seen mortgage rates increase in the last week. Reason? The customer demand shot thru the roof, so there’s no reason to discount the cost of good.

This isn’t a classic supply and demand scenario though for several reasons. They need to sell anything and everything they can to recover from the losses they are currently and will further receive from this event. As well as there’s ZERO reason/demand that ANYONE needs to be a new car. Especially their brand. Especially 60k dollar trucks.

TP is in demand, but new auto sales are the exact opposite. They don’t have the upper hand at all, this is real bad for them, every sector of high cost splurging is in potential trouble here *if* the economy counties to drop and people can’t afford to spend as much.

The wildcard here is they are talking about converting into medical supplies instead of cars. Which seems INSANE to me but who knows how that changes everything.

Last edited:

Vols1018

Reaction score
I have been in touch with 5 different dealers and they are trying to fight strong. All of them have pretty much said the same things, that I qualify for 5500 rebates or 0% for 84 months. Calculating it out doesn't it make more sense depending on how much you are spending to actually take the financing?

I have made my point to them that I am ready to buy but don't need to and if they want a sale they can come down with their pricing. I don't think they want to think about next month so they are still trying to make as much as they can right now.

I will probably just wait and see what happens...

Grip750

Reaction score
if they have a buyer they will make it work, i was offered 1k over nada and will look to get at least 25percent off msrp
I have been talking to dealers and they are saying the most they would take off is $5000 from 46;500 MSRP because of the 84 month 0% financing. I know some of the rebates go away but do you think the $5000 off of MSRP which is about 12 is good enough?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The real question for a 0% deal is how long do you keep it? If you keep the life of the loan it’s worth considering. But you need to run it against your scenario (amount financed, available apr) and see how it shakes out.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
I have been in touch with 5 different dealers and they are trying to fight strong. All of them have pretty much said the same things, that I qualify for 5500 rebates or 0% for 84 months. Calculating it out doesn't it make more sense depending on how much you are spending to actually take the financing?

I have made my point to them that I am ready to buy but don't need to and if they want a sale they can come down with their pricing. I don't think they want to think about next month so they are still trying to make as much as they can right now.

I will probably just wait and see what happens...

i have the added benefit of talking the chevy on the at4 as well, someone will give me the numbers i want or ill go on to next month, i trade every 2 years so i never get emotionally attached to trucks

Roddog2220

Reaction score
I have been talking to dealers and they are saying the most they would take off is $5000 from 46;500 MSRP because of the 84 month 0% financing. I know some of the rebates go away but do you think the $5000 off of MSRP which is about 12 is good enough?

depends where you live and how long you will keep the truck, 0 isnt much if you can get 1.9 and an extra 5k plus in rebates

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can still get 0% with 36mo, and only $1k goes away in my area.

I’d have to think you’d be financing almost 100% of the vehicle to benefit by selecting it over $5500 in rebates.

Even if CF offers a huge interest rate, you should be able to refinance right now for a very good rate. Not 0%, but certainly not $5500 finance cost over the life of loan.

Grip750

Reaction score
How are you guys getting so much off of MSRP? I am in FL and looking at an MSRP of $46000 and am being told by the local dealers that I can get about $9000 off with rebates or $5000 off if I take the 84 months 0%. Am I missing something? Can somebody refer a dealer?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should be able to get it for 10-15% dealer (from what people have reported) and then whatever the rebates are which you can check on the ram website. And then add on any additional discounts you specifically might qualify for like military or first responders or whatever.

so 46k MSRP dealer discount should be between 4600-6900. I’d go for 5k or more myself, as I’ve personally found make dealers are only willing to go to about 12-13% max.

DRebel

Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 Rebel yesterday 0% 84 months and 6k below the MSRP. So you can't get the dodge cash incentives but you can get the Bank and military incentive and the dealers have ways to lower the amount or increase your trade. Also there is a 0% 36 month $3k promo too and you can ad the bank incentive.

Users who are viewing this thread