5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Mikekienholz

Reaction score
Is the 18% including incentives?

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Yes, dealer discounts and rebates all included. It's all been through email/text so haven't seen the break out but have asked if both discounts and rebates are included.

Mikekienholz

Reaction score
Yes, dealer discounts and rebates all included. It's all been through email/text so haven't seen the break out but have asked if both discounts and rebates are included.

I'm in Colorado but not feeling the love. Have bought 4 vehicles in last 10 months and still can't get someone that is motivated to put a deal together. Starting to look out of state.

Wrecktal

Reaction score
I'm in Colorado but not feeling the love. Have bought 4 vehicles in last 10 months and still can't get someone that is motivated to put a deal together. Starting to look out of state.
I live in AK and looked in Utah and Idaho. No one really moves on Rebels. So I just ordered one from my local dealership. If I'm going to pay a premium I'm getting exactly what I want.

Mikekienholz

Reaction score
I live in AK and looked in Utah and Idaho. No one really moves on Rebels. So I just ordered one from my local dealership. If I'm going to pay a premium I'm getting exactly what I want.

I agree. I really want Ram Boxes and those have been hard to find and when I do they aren't very motivated to give a great deal. I'm considering this one...about 5 hours from the house.

BugGuy

Reaction score
Was working a deal tonight and had the manager say a couple things that didn't jive... One that I can't take advantage of the Chrysler Capital rebate AND get the promotional advertised rate (0% for 36mo. Or 3.9% for 60mo.) Looks as if you were able to do that at the dealership you purchased from. Also the Conquest rebate, they tried telling me that my Tundra doesnt fulfill that criteria. Think I just had someone behind the desk that didn't want to give anything more up..
On the $66,025 msrp got it down to $47,818 but they wanted to add on $1300 permaplate and let me walk.

You can call other dealers and ask if your Tundra qualifies for the Conquest rebate. Most likely, they are telling you the truth regarding the promotional APR. If you read the fine print, it usually even states it in both the promotional APR and the chrysler rebate.

From the fine print on the promotional APR: "This program is not compatible with the Customer Cash Allowance, Combo Cash, Combo APR and Non-prime programs"

IowaRam

Reaction score
Was working a deal tonight and had the manager say a couple things that didn't jive... One that I can't take advantage of the Chrysler Capital rebate AND get the promotional advertised rate (0% for 36mo. Or 3.9% for 60mo.) Looks as if you were able to do that at the dealership you purchased from. Also the Conquest rebate, they tried telling me that my Tundra doesnt fulfill that criteria. Think I just had someone behind the desk that didn't want to give anything more up..
On the $66,025 msrp got it down to $47,818 but they wanted to add on $1300 permaplate and let me walk.
You can call Chrysler directly to discuss incentives. They have a line directly for incentives. I did this when a dealership said my 2500 GMC didn't qualify. They informed me it did, and I ended up getting the 1k truck conquest.

vinnrox250

Reaction score
I just picked up my Limited in DFW last week.

Delmonico Red
Body Color Bumper
Limited Level 1 Group
5.7 Hemi w/eTorque
Anti-Spin Diff
Trailer Brake Controller
Panoramic Sunroof
22 inch Wheels

MSRP was $64,825 and after rebates and all discounts we got down to $45,200 + TTL.

Now I just need to add a step and a hard tonneau cover and I'm all good.
Awesome deal!!! Congrats on the new truck, what dealership was this if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!

NJC1684

Reaction score
I think at some point you just go along with the game and let them throw in the $1300 adder even if you don’t want it. They essentially already priced that vehicle down to compensate for it, as they’re showing a discount north of $18k. So I’m the end you’re $17k off, which is still around a 26% discount and very respectable.

I had a very similar experience and ended up paying around $2500 on dealer adders. They wouldn’t budge on the line items, so I told them the sales price would have to drop to compensate for the fees. In the end, their OTD beat my other offers by about $1500. My deal is posted above, but I think came out to about 26% as well, and beat my other trade offers by $700.

I agree with this! My dealer didn't have any add-ons, and I wasn't able to beat them down on the price as if they did. My price less TTL was 25% off MSRP or ~26% after the accessories in which I made them include on the deal.

TrojanRam

Reaction score
FWIW when I bought A few weeks ago I had the same problem trying to get the APR promo without losing the 1k retail cash. I even Called the incentive line while there and they verified that it couldn’t be combined so I dropped it and went with different financing.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I agree with this! My dealer didn't have any add-ons, and I wasn't able to beat them down on the price as if they did. My price less TTL was 25% off MSRP or ~26% after the accessories in which I made them include on the deal.
Can't ever complain about 25% off MSRP, I mean, that's a real savings.
Let's see, if I had gotten 25% off my 64K MSRP that would be what, a $16K discount (meaning $48K out the door?) That would have been outrageous!

Can I apply for a refund?
Who do I call?
Does "RAM care"? (My payment cares...).

Reaction score
2020 Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab 6'4" box 5.7 Hemi

MSRP: $64,895 CAD
-$7,500 Consumer Cash Discount Program
-$500 Winter 4x4 Bonus
-$1,895 Adjustment
not seeing anything else

Before tax, I paid $49,500 CAD
Ontario, Canada

NJC1684

Reaction score
Can't ever complain about 25% off MSRP, I mean, that's a real savings.
Let's see, if I had gotten 25% off my 64K MSRP that would be what, a $16K discount (meaning $48K out the door?) That would have been outrageous!

Can I apply for a refund?
Who do I call?
Does "RAM care"? (My payment cares...).

lol - My MSRP was $66,470, paid $50,100 w/ tonneau cover, splash guards, air deflectors & all-weather mats. Plus $100 doc. fee, 5% tax & licensing.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to a link for conditional incentives? I purchased my truck last month and seemed to easily locate this info, but now that I’m searching for a friend this month I’m not seeing the same. Last month I saw incentives for USAA, realtors, sams club, new holland, military, truck conquest, business owners, etc. now I’m only seeing the national ones listed.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

NJC1684

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to a link for conditional incentives? I purchased my truck last month and seemed to easily locate this info, but now that I’m searching for a friend this month I’m not seeing the same. Last month I saw incentives for USAA, realtors, sams club, new holland, military, truck conquest, business owners, etc. now I’m only seeing the national ones listed.

Thanks in advance

Seen this on a dealers site: Screenshot_20200313-231731_Samsung Internet.jpg

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
lol - My MSRP was $66,470, paid $50,100 w/ tonneau cover, splash guards, air deflectors & all-weather mats. Plus $100 doc. fee, 5% tax & licensing.
Still great. I pd like $52 w/o a tonneau and mats, plus 799 doc (ripoff) and TTL

unc22x

Reaction score
Just purchased a Gator Green Built-To-Serve Big Horn. These things are loaded. Decent deal, but surely there are better out there for some.

MSRP: $51,320
Purchase Price: $37,304
27.5% off of MSRP

NJC1684

Reaction score
Welp, landed the deal on a 2020 limited. MSRP was $66,025. Got it down to $46,318 (plus ttl) with my $6,000 in rebates (only extra one was the $1000 conquest). Couldn't say no to that price, $20k.. 29.9% off... I was fairly happy, sales manager probably not as much. Love the truck

Awesome - congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread