5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Trendybull

Reaction score
Any of you negotiating on a Limted this week doing better than 23.5% off MSRP before TTL?
A couple dealers in Oregon I contacted.. First in Salem (25% off advertised online) , but the sales manager pissed me off right before I was going to make the 200 mile trip there. So I inquired at some other dealers in the vacinity who seemed eager to take a deal from them.

NJC1684

Reaction score
A couple dealers in Oregon I contacted.. First in Salem (25% off advertised online) , but the sales manager pissed me off right before I was going to make the 200 mile trip there. So I inquired at some other dealers in the vacinity who seemed eager to take a deal from them.

I was able to get the one I was negotiating on at 25% off MSRP and they threw in a roll-up tonneau cover & all weather mats.

IowaRam

Reaction score
I purchased a new 2020 1500 Big Horn Built-to-Serve edition on 2/22/20. 52k sticker, 16,500 off or 31% off. Of the 16.5k, 1k came from truck conquest because I was coming from GM and then $500 for business owner. The rest was dealer discount and incentives from RAM. Midwest region.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks to all of your help here, I was able to close a deal on my first Ram last night in the lower-Midwest region (I think per Ram I’m located in the Denver region though)

2020 Laramie Sport 4x4 with 5.7L Hemi.

Sticker - 61,270
Dealer adds/fees - 2,478
Dealer discount - 11,036
Rebates - 7,000
OTD Price - 45,712
OTD Discount - 25.4%

Dealer adds were ridiculous, but they compensated with dealer discount to get to the best OTD price I could obtain, especially considering they were also $700 higher in my trade. Normally I wouldn’t accept such high dealer fees, but in this case I was looking for OTD to beat my other offers, and I’m pleased with the results.

Overall, sad to see my previous truck go, as we’ve been together for 12yrs, but very excited to be in this new Ram!
87358f045f6194be539f5c37d2538525.jpg

Last edited:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man the Midwest region must have some killer rebates going, we only have the 3k off limited and longhorns right now.

Buckeye0076

Reaction score
Local dealer built a truck for me and ordered as dealer stock with me having the first shot at it, not too impressed with the dealer discount offer...

'20 Big Horn CC, 6-4 bed, 5.7 etorque, Level 2, LED lights, 3.92, anti-slip, BUG, Alpine 10 Speaker, floor mats
MSRP: $54,500
Dealer Discount: $3,721
Rebates: $5,500
Price: $45,279

It'd be hard to walk on one I basically built but I was thinking dealer discount should be closer to 5-6k based on what I've been seeing on here, thoughts?

Last edited:

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Man the Midwest region must have some killer rebates going, we only have the 3k off limited and longhorns right now.
For sure. I’m in mid Missouri, literally 60 miles away from being in the “Midwest region” and I’m losing out on $2000 in rebates. I’m considered in the Denver region

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Local dealer built a truck for me and ordered as dealer stock with me having the first shot at it, not too impressed with the dealer discount offer...

'20 Big Horn CC, 6-4 bed, 5.7 etorque, Level 2, LED lights, 3.92, anti-slip, BUG, Alpine 10 Speaker, floor mats
MSRP: $54,500
Dealer Discount: $3,721
Rebates: $5,500
Price: $45,279

It'd be hard to walk on one I basically built but I was thinking dealer discount should be closer to 5-6k based on what I've been seeing on here, thoughts?

My thoughts... I’d put some work in to see if you can find one on a lot that meets your expectations. I learned that even if I couldn’t find one with ONLY the options I wanted, I could get extra options free of charge by negotiating a lower price on a vehicle on the lot. I essentially got $7k more features than your MSRP at the same OTD price.

Locating exactly what you want is very challenging with Rams 150mi radius search cap. I put about 3wks into searching zip codes in a large radius to find what I was looking for.

Good luck, let us know if you need some help!

Buckeye0076

Reaction score
My thoughts... I’d put some work in to see if you can find one on a lot that meets your expectations. I learned that even if I couldn’t find one with ONLY the options I wanted, I could get extra options free of charge by negotiating a lower price on a vehicle on the lot. I essentially got $7k more features than your MSRP at the same OTD price.

Locating exactly what you want is very challenging with Rams 150mi radius search cap. I put about 3wks into searching zip codes in a large radius to find what I was looking for.

Good luck, let us know if you need some help!
The 6'-4" bed is what's been the biggest issue as far as finding trucks off the lot, usually comes up with about 2% of the total inventory and then cut it down from there with the other options/preferences. I've been keeping an eye on inventory for 2 months and haven't found much, a lot of night packages

BugGuy

Reaction score
Buckeye, I used cars.com to search dealer inventory. Not sure if it'll help or not.

IowaRam

Reaction score
For sure. I’m in mid Missouri, literally 60 miles away from being in the “Midwest region” and I’m losing out on $2000 in rebates. I’m considered in the Denver region

If you know a trusted person or family in that zone you can title it with trusted person and your name with their address then switch it as soon as you get title. Put your name "OR" the other name. That's assuming you're buying outright. I did this with my mother in law who live 5 miles into the denver region missing out on the Midwest region incentives and i lived in the midwest region. Saved her like 4k that way. She just switched title to her name only a few weeks later. Probably won't work for most people, but I figure I would throw it out there.

bigben542

Reaction score
I’ve been following for a while now as I am currently looking around for a new truck and very much want that to be a Ram. Just a comment on using cars.com, Ive used it to research some inventory but have noticed that the closest dealer that shows up on it is one that’s about an hour away. The three or so closest dealers, one being 2 miles away, never come up for some reason. So though it’s a valuable tool it might not show all current availability in your area. Surely though it’s still helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donaldvest83

Reaction score
Contemplating getting a new truck. Attached is window sticker $59,xxx. they quoted me 46745 before TTL for Arkansas. does that seem right or is there more to work with? TIA.

Attachments

• WindowStickerPDF-1.pdf
    95.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
for the folks searching... i would assume this would apply for ram but I’ve never done it. However, GM has the worst inventory tool ever online. But if you call them, they can do a ‘power search’ and they can basically filter on anything and tell you where your nearest matches are. Might be worth a shot if they can look at all current inventory, because the ram website seems to be slow to update with trucks that have already been sold and with trucks that are in transit or just hit the lot.

BugGuy

Reaction score
Contemplating getting a new truck. Attached is window sticker $59,xxx. they quoted me 46745 before TTL for Arkansas. does that seem right or is there more to work with? TIA.

It seems good, but not great. Though n all honesty, you really have to compare with what other local dealers are willing to do imo. I ended up getting about 23% off my MSRP. Other local dealers were only giving 15ish. I was on the verge of giving up before I found my deal. But the guy several posts above got a Built-To-Serve edition for 31% off which is inconceivable to me. I could have never gotten that deal here unless I had a LOT of the more obscure rebates. So to go into a dealer expecting to get his deal might leave you disappointed.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It seems good, but not great. Though n all honesty, you really have to compare with what other local dealers are willing to do imo. I ended up getting about 23% off my MSRP. Other local dealers were only giving 15ish. I was on the verge of giving up before I found my deal. But the guy several posts above got a Built-To-Serve edition for 31% off which is inconceivable to me. I could have never gotten that deal here unless I had a LOT of the more obscure rebates. So to go into a dealer expecting to get his deal might leave you disappointed.

Agreed with this.

In my area, the rebates for Bighorn are better than Laramie... so while there are better percentage deals to be had, you have to realize that every trim level receives different pricing. Also, I found dealers posted the same discount regardless if it was a bare bones Laramie or had every option. Again, best percentage discount could be had by going this route.

In the end, there will always be a better deal somewhere else, but if you are able to work yourself into the best pricing option on the vehicle trim/option package that suits you in your immediate area, you’ve done well, and can leave satisfied. Most of us will never know whether we truly landed a “great deal”

NJC1684

Reaction score
I’ve been following for a while now as I am currently looking around for a new truck and very much want that to be a Ram. Just a comment on using cars.com, Ive used it to research some inventory but have noticed that the closest dealer that shows up on it is one that’s about an hour away. The three or so closest dealers, one being 2 miles away, never come up for some reason. So though it’s a valuable tool it might not show all current availability in your area. Surely though it’s still helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try cargurus.com

Wrecktal

Reaction score
This is my order and price sheet. Probably won't be delivered until April. Will negotiate a bit on the fees and a warrantee once I pick it up.
5fbbae6750580f15a74aacd50dbaeb8f.jpg

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread