5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

BugGuy

Reaction score
That depends on which state you live in? Where can I find those terms? That’s an important criteria.

It's what our bank told us. Supposedly its that way in Maryland. You could check with a bank. Also, it's probably in the paperwork you signed (or are signing). If it's not in the sales contract, doesn't seem like theres any way to enforce it.

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Quick question, has the 0% for 60 month financing for 19’s been a February only incentive or has that been going on for a couple months?

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Great Question! I absolutely did not want air ride, did not want squinty headlights again, AND the biggest reason CHROME. I spent too much time getting my 2019 Limited looking like a Laramie.

That makes sense to me. I have to be in the minority being 35 and liking the black and chrome combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BugGuy

Reaction score
Quick question, has the 0% for 60 month financing for 19’s been a February only incentive or has that been going on for a couple months?

It's been going on since AT LEAST December. I was really trying to get a 19, but I was pretty set on color and options and I just couldn't find one in a 19.

blue tom

Reaction score
I have A+ credit and I didn't care what they quoted because I was going to turn around and refi with my local credit union.

I had the same plan. Dealer wouldn't take outside financing without a full cashier's check, which seemed...weird. My credit union wouldn't play that game, so I said, "Yeah whatever, here's my Chrysler Capital app, give me my 5.5% rate and rebate and I'll refi next month for 2.75%."

Great plan. Until two weeks later, when I was laid off at work. Womp womp. I have a feeling the credit union won't feel so eager to give me that new loan if I'm unemployed...

So now I'm stuck with some ridiculous payment for a bit longer than anticipated. I guess it's good I did the Chrysler loan for 72 months; saves a couple bucks in the budget for the time being, even if I'm mostly paying interest for now.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had the same plan. Dealer wouldn't take outside financing without a full cashier's check, which seemed...weird. My credit union wouldn't play that game, so I said, "Yeah whatever, here's my Chrysler Capital app, give me my 5.5% rate and rebate and I'll refi next month for 2.75%."

Great plan. Until two weeks later, when I was laid off at work. Womp womp. I have a feeling the credit union won't feel so eager to give me that new loan if I'm unemployed...

So now I'm stuck with some ridiculous payment for a bit longer than anticipated. I guess it's good I did the Chrysler loan for 72 months; saves a couple bucks in the budget for the time being, even if I'm mostly paying interest for now.
Ouch, bad timing for a layoff but smart move on your part for the 72 months.

Jeremy47

Reaction score
I am a lurker as well. Right now i am having one heck of a time purchasing a new Ram. Apparently online pricing here in Houston is apparently not accurate at all. I’ve been to Tomball Dodge who has said the “Dealer Discount” is made up of a bunch of incentives that I may or may not qualify for. So the online price will more than likely rise. I spoke to Mac Haik Dodge who has almost 4K in dealer add-ons, Northwest Dodge has about the same $$ dealer add ons. Why is it that dealers don’t put this online? Can anyone here recommend a dealership that won’t give the run around and give me straight up a bottom dollar pricing that they want for the vehicle?
I don’t want to drive to every dealership in Houston and do the old back and forth with the sales manager routine.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am a lurker as well. Right now i am having one heck of a time purchasing a new Ram. Apparently online pricing here in Houston is apparently not accurate at all. I’ve been to Tomball Dodge who has said the “Dealer Discount” is made up of a bunch of incentives that I may or may not qualify for. So the online price will more than likely rise. I spoke to Mac Haik Dodge who has almost 4K in dealer add-ons, Northwest Dodge has about the same $$ dealer add ons. Why is it that dealers don’t put this online? Can anyone here recommend a dealership that won’t give the run around and give me straight up a bottom dollar pricing that they want for the vehicle?
I don’t want to drive to every dealership in Houston and do the old back and forth with the sales manager routine.

You should be doing it via text or email. Stop going in person IMO, they are trying to pressure you and close you while you there. Past 5 trucks I’ve bought without ever seeing them, saw it online, talked to someone, showed up to buy it. All have been decent deals I think lol.

BugGuy

Reaction score

First, you can search through new car inventory on cars.com. This was helpful to me as I was looking for a particular color and package combo.

Secondly, you can use TrueCar.com to get a good starting point for your negotiations. You still have to be cautious as they will use rebates to offer a low price.

Use wholesale clubs like Costco and BJs to get a bottom line offer from dealers.

Also, you can look up stickers on https://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Dodge.html to see exactly what packages are included on the vehicle you're looking at.

Finally, to eliminate the whole rebate confusion, I said I want it on the road for X amount. At that point, the onus was on them to get there. I didn't care how they did it. If they came in over the agreed on amount, it would have been a deal breaker.

fleetfoot5000

Reaction score
Just closed a deal on a new 2020 Ram Rebel today. Feel pretty good about it.

Date: Feb 22, 2020
Truck: 2020 Ram Rebel 5’7” 4x4 Hemi eTorque (White)
MSRP: $59,101
Dealer Discount: -$8,515
Rebates: -$4750 purchase incentives
Sale Price: $45,745 (23% off) OTD plus TTL

The truck was brand-new with only 30 miles on it, and well optioned. Level 2 Equipment Group, Rebel 12, V.8 with eTorque, Multifunction Tailgate, Trailer Brake, and Spray in bedliner. They even threw in some all weather mats at the end. They had the deal with all the discounts and rebates posted online ahead of time, so almost no negotiating was needed. Saw it the night before, called to confirm and make sure it wasn’t too good to be true. And I was there first thing the next morning to get it. I have been casually looking for a number of months, but that deal got me off the couch.

Registered just to post and pay it forward, as this thread was super helpful for me. Thanks ya’ll.
Solid deal- nothing to be ashamed of there! You did better then most. White is the best color too as I have had two white RAM 1500 Limited's and you can get away with murder with swirls and washes on a white truck you just can't do with a color!

Attachments

• IMG_0552[1].JPG
    IMG_0552[1].JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 50

fleetfoot5000

Reaction score
You should be doing it via text or email. Stop going in person IMO, they are trying to pressure you and close you while you there. Past 5 trucks I’ve bought without ever seeing them, saw it online, talked to someone, showed up to buy it. All have been decent deals I think lol.
Yeah man- I second not driving in and getting pressured. I pounded email and phones for a solid few months before my last purchase. Only dealership I walked into was the one I bought the truck from.

Narg

Reaction score
Price drop??? I just went into the ramtrucks.com build and price, setup the truck I have on order, and it's now $4,000 lower than before (that's before incentive and such.) Does anyone else see this price drop? My truck should be in this week, so anxious to get things ready.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Price drop??? I just went into the ramtrucks.com build and price, setup the truck I have on order, and it's now $4,000 lower than before (that's before incentive and such.) Does anyone else see this price drop? My truck should be in this week, so anxious to get things ready.

Yes, “Truck Month” kicked off unannounced last week, and dropped the prices depending on trim selected. That discount is reflected in the web pricing on ram trucks.com as you build.

That said, the additional discount allowed me to hit my pricing target and I’m planning to take acquisition of a new Ram tomorrow!

Smon

Reaction score
The build site is including about $4k in rebates into the pricing at the top. Click the "i" to see the real price

MiiisterAnderson

Reaction score

This. I drove a 1500 at the local dealer to confirm trim level and then hit electronic communications with dealers within 150 miles. It quickly pares down to who are serious and my search culminated with a single phone call with the dealer I purchased from. He texted to say it's shipping soon, so I expect to be able to speak about the whole experience with them in a couple weeks.

Computech1

Reaction score

New member here,and I have read through every post to get to this point.I feel as though I have a business and marketing degree now! Excellent stuff people!
I have also been trying to hammer out a deal on either a 2020 Rebel Eco-diesel or a well optioned 2020 Laramie Eco-diesel well optioned. Requirements are no pano roof,and no air ride. Mac Haik was the last of a list of 10 dealers, I tried to deal with. Mostly texting and phone calling the net or new car managers to keep sales people out of the picture,since that third person always,I mean always causes the deal to go down the drain. Haik also ended up burning the deal. I always tell them from the start,I will pay this,give you a deposit over the phone,then bring in a check for the remainder. Has not worked yet. GOD bless anyone who has had the patience to go in and haggle.

Users who are viewing this thread