5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

STB20

Reaction score
I got mine from Bob Moore OKC. Have you checked with them already? If not, I know the sales person I dealt with. Let me know

Thanks
Yes i have checked with them didnt go that well talks started good then went down hill, Ill be up there tomorrow

dumbo62

Reaction score
Were in Oklahoma do the dealerships honer there on line prices talked 3 times with 2 dealerships and some how they end up back at MSRP and dont want to give any thing on trade in
i have a 2017 F150 with about $7000 equity and all they want to do is pay mine off and bump up online sale price $5000
I purchased a 2019 Limited at Joe Cooper Dodge in Shawnee Oklahoma. I got the advertised price. I really took a chance because I flew out from California since they had the best price on a 2019 Limited with the V6 engine. I wanted the 0% for 60 months so lost one of the $1000 rebates but that was expected. In and out in 45 minutes including test drive.

spurious

Reaction score
I purchased a 2019 Limited at Joe Cooper Dodge in Shawnee Oklahoma. I got the advertised price. I really took a chance because I flew out from California since they had the best price on a 2019 Limited with the V6 engine. I wanted the 0% for 60 months so lost one of the $1000 rebates but that was expected. In and out in 45 minutes including test drive.
Did you drive it back to cali? I was considering same but its a thousand mile and 1-2 day drive back.

BigRick

Reaction score
Wound up getting a 2020 Laramie instead of the Limited (realized the Laramie was perfect for my needs and didn't need the extra $ for Limited).

MSRP: 56,530
Selling: 48,530
incentives/rebates: 2,000 ( I didn't qualify for a lot of them :( )
total: 46,530
18% discount from MSRP

399 doc fee plus tax (6.65% NJ), title & reg.

got 4.24% from Chase and 6.5% from FCA
I'm sure I could have kept shopping for another $500 or so, but to be honest I found the dealer I liked and felt comfortable with how they presented the deal. And it was only 60 miles from the house :)

Off to get some accessories now - good luck out there!
What dealership in NJ

blubyu

Reaction score
Just drove home my new 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x2. Calculated at 22% off MSRP and I got Ivory White which I really wanted with the must have features although its missing a few, it wasn't a deal breaker. Used 2019's were only a couple thousand less so it was a no brainer.

MSRP - $55,830
Negotiated Price before TTL - $43,142.00

OTD was $44.500
$799 doc fee
$500 tax cap
Honestly forget the other fees
4.99% through CC to get the extra rebate, I will pay off next month. Need to research this 3 month BS they tell you, I don't think there is an early payoff penalty for a buyer, the dealer may not get their full monies though...

Keffer CJDR in Charlotte NC

Last edited:

Kornfrk2727

Reaction score
Just drove home my new 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x2. Calculated at 22% off MSRP and I got Ivory White which I really wanted with the must have features although its missing a few, it wasn't a deal breaker. Used 2019's were only a couple thousand less so it was a no brainer.

MSRP - $55,830

OTD was $44.500
$799 doc fee
$500 tax cap
4.99% through CC to get the extra rebate, I will pay off next month. Need to research this 3 month BS they tell you, I don't think there is an early payoff penalty for a buyer, the dealer may not get their full monies though...

When I financed through ford I went to my local credit union next day and had no issues with still getting the rebates.

retho78

Reaction score
Yes i have checked with them didnt go that well talks started good then went down hill, Ill be up there tomorrow
Ask for Kyle and just tell him Renoy from Tulsa sent you... thanks

TheCloudX

Reaction score

MSRP - $55,830

OTD was $44.500
$799 doc fee
$500 tax cap

That's a great price. As for the 3 months, they tell you that because CC will charge the dealer a fee for early payoff if you pay it off within 3 months (some dealers are less, some are more.. I know of some that are 6 months). There is no penalty to you as the buyer if you pay it off within that time frame.

COWBOY CADILLAC

Reaction score
I bought my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited near the end of Oct. for 55,323. The MSRP was 66,890. It was the end of the model year and the dealer was trying to make room for the 2020's. Probably not the best deal out there but I feel like I got it at a fair price.

RJS

Reaction score
That's a great price. As for the 3 months, they tell you that because CC will charge the dealer a fee for early payoff if you pay it off within 3 months (some dealers are less, some are more.. I know of some that are 6 months). There is no penalty to you as the buyer if you pay it off within that time frame.
Correct, if you use the Chrysler Capital website you will see that they will let you pay the loan off on the first payment. They will give you the total amount and you just send them a check.

If you are going to wait for the three months, send them all but the last two payments initially because if you have a high interest rate it will eat up a lot of the rebate. Got that from my dealers financial guy, he didn't say anything about early payoff costing the dealer but that could be because he was pushing a third party warranty so hard and forgot to mention it.

Last edited:

blubyu

Reaction score
Correct, if you use the Chrysler Capital website you will see that they will let you pay the loan off on the first payment. They will give you the total amount and you just send them a check.

If you are going to wait for the three months, send them all but the last two payments initially because if you have a high interest rate it will eat up a lot of the rebate. Got that from my dealers financial guy, he didn't say anything about early payoff costing the dealer but that could be because he was pushing a third party warranty so hard and forgot to mention it.

I'll just pay it off as soon as the check clears from my Hellcat sale.

STB20

Reaction score
I got mine from Bob Moore OKC. Have you checked with them already? If not, I know the sales person I dealt with. Let me know

Thanks
I went by there yesterday it was a no go cant seem to find the deals some on this board gets

retho78

Reaction score
I went by there yesterday it was a no go cant seem to find the deals some on this board gets
Wait until the EoM and see if you find better deals. Have you checked any dealerships in Tulsa?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Rebates are not good right now. Probably the worst I’ve seen in a long time. Even the other two don’t really have good sales going, bunch of 0% percent deals this month.

blubyu

Reaction score
Rebates are not good right now. Probably the worst I’ve seen in a long time. Even the other two don’t really have good sales going, bunch of 0% percent deals this month.

Contact Keffer CJDR in Charlotte NC. They have all their Rams 10-12k off MSRP and yes you can get that off. I didn't qualify for a few of the rebates but they still applied them. Ended up getting over 12k off MSRP which was over 22% off MSRP. This was yesterday! I know its not local but shipping is pretty cheap.

kpxzzang

Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party but I thought I would share since I thought I did pretty well. I bought my 2019 Big Horn in February of 2019. MSRP: $52,195
Negotiated price: $47,450
Rebates: $6,500
Net: $40,950
Roughly 22% off MSRP

Title & Registration fees: $450 (my state has really high fees)

I financed through my own bank at 3.74%.

Users who are viewing this thread