5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well take my thoughts with a pound of salt since I’m suspect...
a forum sponsor is advertising this 20’ Limited:
2020 Ram 1500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4 5'7 BOX
  • MSRP$70,205
  • Wow Price*$58,730

• TEXT US
Bodystyle:Crew CabEngine:5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque EngineTransmission:8-Speed Automatic 8HP75 TransmissionDrive Line:4x4MPG Range:17/22Exterior Color:Granite CrystalInterior Color:BlackStock #:00203220Model Code:DT6M98VIN:1C6SRFHT0LN107340
Limited Level 1 Equipment Group, Engine: 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque, Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof, Off Road Group, (more packages…)

It seems to be well equipped but of course you need to verify all those nasty hidden non-qualifying discounts first... nevermind theres been several posters actually purchase from them and report good deals, they probably don’t know a good deal either. :unsure:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Heres another comparison from a large Midwest/Central US dealer, Laura RAM. Course their offerings are a mere 10-11K under MSRP, so likely a very poor deal.
Bodystyle:Crew Cab Drive Line:4WD MPG Range:17/22 Exterior Color:Diamond Black Crystal Pearlcoat Interior Color:Black Stock #:C20015 Model Code:DT6M98 Engine V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque EngineVIN:1C6SRFHT1LN107623
  • $68,720
  • Savings $10,852
  • Laura Price $57,868
When I was looking to order a 19’ this dealer had gotten several positive mentions. I think I worked with a guy named Craig who sent me several back and forth detailed prices, clearly showing the retail order cost and their dealer order price breakdowns.
He said he could not match the forum sponsor dealer mentioned above and advised me to be careful of some of the incentives stated. Seemed to be a very straight shooter’, so to speak.
Now I’d likely say to check the Boise and Caldwell Id dealers as well but then again, all shysters with fake prices I’m sure...o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

drstein

Reaction score
Ha ha very funny, Merely saying that on 2020’s getting 10 off a rebel without even trying is pretty good. Maybe you should check that dealer, or Koonz, or Lara Ram near St Louis, and see for yourself.
I merely think its great for buyers to have the 20’s already discounted that much, and specifically to get the deal that the poster mentioned is a great price on a new truck. A Laramie for $38K? You can barely find an F150 for that, oh wait,: here’s a bottom of the line trim 2019 XL crew for a grand less. That’s at least a comparable truck to a Laramie, right? Ha ha ha
2019 Ford F-150 XL
View Vehicle Details

Stock Number:79033
VIN:1FTEW1EP1KFA50499

$45,445 MSRP
$8,548 Savings
$36,897

Hahaha...it was a "19 Laramie but that is not point. You have quoted Dealer pricing in the past, showing what you referred to as " Great Deals " that show prices w/ every rebate taken off, that NO ONE would qualify for. ( READ the fine print ) You have literally listed ads from dlrs with every conceivable rebate ( that no one gets) as GREAT DEALS. Or posters list these vague numbers, and you will remark w/ " another great deal " . And its NOT just '20s., its mostly '19s. I asked you a month or two back if you worked for that dealer, you posted like 6 of his ads. The " Negotiated Price" thread is convoluted enough without MORE bad, vague info.

drstein

Reaction score
Heres another comparison from a large Midwest/Central US dealer, Laura RAM. Course their offerings are a mere 10-11K under MSRP, so likely a very poor deal.
Bodystyle:Crew Cab Drive Line:4WD MPG Range:17/22 Exterior Color:Diamond Black Crystal Pearlcoat Interior Color:Black Stock #:C20015 Model Code:DT6M98 Engine V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque EngineVIN:1C6SRFHT1LN107623
  • $68,720
  • Savings $10,852
  • Laura Price $57,868
When I was looking to order a 19’ this dealer had gotten several positive mentions. I think I worked with a guy named Craig who sent me several back and forth detailed prices, clearly showing the retail order cost and their dealer order price Breakdowns.
He said he could not match the forum sponsor dealer mentioned above and advised me to be careful of some of the incentives stated. Seemed to be a very straight shooter’, so to speak.
Now I’d likely say to check the Boise and Caldwell Id dealers as well but then again, all shysters with fake prices I’m sure...o_O

Now sarcasm, it isn't becoming. Car sales is not Rocket Science. MSRP to Invoice, available numbers online. Next is Holdback. Ram is 3%. Those numbers can be negotiated. Rebates, you qualify, or you don't, non negotiable. Trade ?? Figured at wholesale, ACV ( Actual Cash Value) You come at me w/ a trade, I'm going to try and write that deal at full MSRP, with the "play" money being between MSRP and Invoice. So if I have 3800.00 in play, your trade appraised at 7000.00 I could offer you up to 10800.00, but I won't, but I might. You are an "informed" buyer and want money off MSRP, OK, but less will show on your trade. Its a numbers game. I may push the mgr for more money on the wholesale figure. Likely if I can't make you, its T/O time, a manager will take a whack at you, see if he can make the deal. No trade, you come in on the advertisement. Not a problem. Goes like this..... Boy, your a smart guy, you know how this works, you realise WON'T qualify for ALL the rebates, blah, blah, blah... Now lets say its late in the model year, like now. Manufacturers will toss dlrs help to move leftovers. Does the dlr HAVE to pass that on, of course not, but he can. Can you find that info online ?? Likely not. But an extra 1%, 3%,
Point being, w/o ALL the numbers, you cannot tell if its a good deal, bad deal, OK deal, whatever. Some guy gets 11k in rebates but only 3 k off MSRP. He posts, I got 14k off my Big Horn. you, I'm guessing would give this your blessing as " another great
deal " but its NOT. I got 14k for my trade, 55k new truck, rebates, ect, I paid 34k. Willow of course states, " Great Deal !!" Really ?? How do you know ?? Was his trade worth thousands more ?? Did he owe 9 k on the trade that got rolled into the new loan ?? What did they figure his vehicle at ?? ( Wholesale ) numbers, numbers, numbers.....
See the point ?? And no sarcasm necessary.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Now sarcasm, it isn't becoming. Car sales is not Rocket Science. MSRP to Invoice, available numbers online. Next is Holdback. Ram is 3%. Those numbers can be negotiated. Rebates, you qualify, or you don't, non negotiable. Trade ?? Figured at wholesale, ACV ( Actual Cash Value) You come at me w/ a trade, I'm going to try and write that deal at full MSRP, with the "play" money being between MSRP and Invoice. So if I have 3800.00 in play, your trade appraised at 7000.00 I could offer you up to 10800.00, but I won't, but I might. You are an "informed" buyer and want money off MSRP, OK, but less will show on your trade. Its a numbers game. I may push the mgr for more money on the wholesale figure. Likely if I can't make you, its T/O time, a manager will take a whack at you, see if he can make the deal. No trade, you come in on the advertisement. Not a problem. Goes like this..... Boy, your a smart guy, you know how this works, you realise WON'T qualify for ALL the rebates, blah, blah, blah... Now lets say its late in the model year, like now. Manufacturers will toss dlrs help to move leftovers. Does the dlr HAVE to pass that on, of course not, but he can. Can you find that info online ?? Likely not. But an extra 1%, 3%,
Point being, w/o ALL the numbers, you cannot tell if its a good deal, bad deal, OK deal, whatever. Some guy gets 11k in rebates but only 3 k off MSRP. He posts, I got 14k off my Big Horn. you, I'm guessing would give this your blessing as " another great
deal " but its NOT. I got 14k for my trade, 55k new truck, rebates, ect, I paid 34k. Willow of course states, " Great Deal !!" Really ?? How do you know ?? Was his trade worth thousands more ?? Did he owe 9 k on the trade that got rolled into the new loan ?? What did they figure his vehicle at ?? ( Wholesale ) numbers, numbers, numbers.....
See the point ?? And no sarcasm necessary.
ok dude you win. I will preface my "great deals" with "IMHO". I am aware that some dealers falsely quote rebates that people cannot qualify for, as a matter of fact way back in this huge thread I stated the same thing. But no matter, I don't expect you to believe or understand.

I quote dealer info from dealers across the country in an effort to show what is out there. It's up to the potential buyer to do their own due dilligence, just like I did in April 2019 when I bought.

Gee should I be flattered that you think I work for a dealer? Given how I overpaid in April, I guess I should turn in my non-existent sales rep card.

I use sarcasm when I feel someone is deliberately mis-understanding a post. Arguing and bickering about what constitutes a good or great deal is not only foolish, but it doesn't help the person who is legitimately asking if what they are looking at is a good deal or not. Comments from me, or anyone, stating that the person got a good or great price (even though they did not post proof, obviously they may or may not have actually paid that price) is my personal opinion.

I get it that you think the guy who bought the Laramie for $38K didn't get a great deal. That's your opinion. I think he did, that's mine. I know roughly what new trucks cost cause... I recently bought one and priced a few dealers and other brands (mostly Ford since that's what I owned before). In Ford country, you are lucky to get a base trim truck for $38, just like I posted. That's why I went for the RAM, not only is it a good/great truck, but it was well under Ford's prices for a comparable trim, like $10-14K under, depending on the month.

I'm not going to argue with you about deals. Instead, I'll find the "ignore" button that the forum has, and use that.

Now to anyone buying a 19' Laramie as he had it equipped, level 2, 12 inch screen etc, I say "you got a great deal, IMHO". Satisfied?

Sheesh, glad that the schoolkids I work with as a teacher are, if sometimes as arguementative, at least have an excuse, they are minors...

Have a wonderful day and hope that you got a "great deal" on your RAM as well! :)

drstein

Reaction score
Ignorance IS bliss they say. You have been on here giving your blessing on deals you have no real info on, FACT. Called you on it once before, in a most respecful way and still you continue on. I do not comment on deals listed, FACT. I criticized NO ONE'S deal, what I stated was after you blessed it as a GREAT DEAL I asked how would you know w/o ALL the numbers, FACT You have a tendency to do this over and over.....and over. Then you want to be sarcastic because you apparently are offended by myself and others calling you on this. Not argumentative, everything I stated was FACTUAL and RESPECTFUL. You spewing info NOT based in FACT helps no one. Then being offended when called on it, and responding in a passive / aggressive manner helps no one again. It really isn't a debate. ANYTHING I missed ?

Gitter

Reaction score
Ignorance IS bliss they say. You have been on here giving your blessing on deals you have no real info on, FACT. Called you on it once before, in a most respecful way and still you continue on. I do not comment on deals listed, FACT. I criticized NO ONE'S deal, what I stated was after you blessed it as a GREAT DEAL I asked how would you know w/o ALL the numbers, FACT You have a tendency to do this over and over.....and over. Then you want to be sarcastic because you apparently are offended by myself and others calling you on this. Not argumentative, everything I stated was FACTUAL and RESPECTFUL. You spewing info NOT based in FACT helps no one. Then being offended when called on it, and responding in a passive / aggressive manner helps no one again. It really isn't a debate. ANYTHING I missed ?

Dude, chill.

You are the one getting worked up here. WillWork4Truck said it was based on his opinion based on what he has been seeing. You state that you are not being argumentative, yet you're using CAPS and attacking him. He has joked with you and been sarcastic at worst. From my perspective, he has been far more respectful to you than you have to him...so chill and help with the facts.

Also keep in mind that a great deal in one location (such as Las Angles) might not be considered that great of a deal somewhere else where dealers typically give more discounts before rebates (Texas). So your purely "numbers vs numbers" facts don't marry up with what is a good deal for that region/location.*

* Note that my location example was just a guess based on other trucks I have researched in the past...I did NOT check this with RAM trucks this year (yet).

Toris1968

Reaction score
I got my 19 Ram Longhorn with everything but the pano roof and off road package, MSRP $65k for $46K ($49.5 w/ TTL). Thought I got a hell of a deal on a hell of a truck. Plus the dealership has a lifetime warranty for no add’l cost. Was super happy driving it off the lot.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got my 19 Ram Longhorn with everything but the pano roof and off road package, MSRP $65k for $46K ($49.5 w/ TTL). Thought I got a hell of a deal on a hell of a truck. Plus the dealership has a lifetime warranty for no add’l cost. Was super happy driving it off the lot.

Joining in with the “that’s a great deal” thing lol, How is that possible?

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Ha ha, I see I’ve started a trend... I too think thats a score if everything that was stated lines up.
You know the hardest thing about all these prices being bandied about is that it creates buyers remorse for peeps who didn’t get such a great/good deal.
I went through that big time for maybe 3 months (cause’ I bought on April 24,th) as I “only” got appx 12K off no trade before TTL, and while I knew I paid about $2K too much, (based on forum sponsors and other “big names”), I was blown away by the June deals.
I told my son about the deals and he went from “I don’t need a truck” to his wife grabbing him and saying “read my lips, I want that truck”.

He saved literally $10K more than I did by buying a lot truck in late June (see my signature). I was really glad for him but actually felt like I had blown the family budget on a very “want not need” vehicle.

Now that prices have stabilized and the deals on 20’s are about the same as what I got, I’m wondering just when the next “June” will be... I don’t think any of us regular folks knew what RAM was going to do more than a day or two prior. There was one young lady who bought on May 31st and it was “too bad so sad“ for her as far as the dealer said. I think you can find her posts way back in June somewhere.

As far as proving the deals people got as opposed to “smoke and mirrors”, posting your contract (as some here have done) is a reasonable thing, as opposed to “I got a $70K truck for $1.98” statements.
This doesn’t disparage anyone who simply reported the facts (“msrp x, I paid y”, it just lends some more credibility to the statement.

Now if anyone really wants to see that I paid too much, I suppose I could post mine, and no it wasn’t a great deal, ha ha.

Oh and Gitter, thanks for the even handed response. I may have sarcastically tweaked the gentleman’s nose but I thought he was out of line. Like I said, I expect it out of my middle school kids...

I don’t see his posts anymore, that’s what the “ignore” button does. (y)

firedad

Reaction score
TLDR...

I would venture to guess someone's "good deal" should not include TTL. For the simple reason not everyone has sales tax.
I'll be paying 9% sales tax on my truck when it gets here. Does that mean my 13% or so under MSRP is a bad deal? I wouldn't think so. But when you add in the sales tax I have to pay, it's not as "amazing".

Micko24

Reaction score
Question... when everyone in here says MSRP... does it include the Destination charge?

Users who are viewing this thread