5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

freshen30

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck! I just started my search. Dealers near me are no where close to that. Don’t mind me asking what was your sales price and rebate?
Thanks man!
I got a dealer discount of $4,765
Rebate of around $9,438
Negotiated almost another $2,000 off and also got a bed liner for half the price!

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Is anyone leasing their trucks? With all these 25%+ deals on the cap cost, what kind of lease deals are there through either Chrysler or 3rd parties?

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Where in minnesota? I’m currently talking with the internet sales manager from Luther auto group. I live in Jersey, so he’s trying to work a deal for a 2019 Laramie 4x4 for me. But the deal seems almost too good to be true. And ya know what they say about that. Retail is about 62 and internet pricing shows 44. Hoping to get them to about 42

NORMALLY it IS true what they say about, "too good to be true" but i gotta tell ya, "such isn't the case" when it comes to THESE Rams, THESE days"... About the BEST advice i can offer is, TWO fold:

#1 Keep in mind "some" of these trucks (especially the older builds) within the first few thousand miles, MIGHT need the, "kinks worked out" (a few extra trips to Service) .... So be prepared for THAT and don't feel like, "i KNEW it was too good to be true" because even folks who DIDN'T get the 15% off are experiencing that.

#2 Also don't think of "any negotiation on any truck" as a "waste of time"... (I'd easily work two days straight "tirelessly" if someone was dangling $2-4,000 bucks to do so, even if in the end it might not be that much, to me its worth it to TRY : ) By investing "time" in a purchase such as this, and preparing yourself for possibly going down a few "rabbit holes", before you find a deal that works for you, it WILL lessen the frustration when it happens. Having said that, being 2-4000 apart from Dealer's offer & your sweet spot only amounts to about 30-50 bucks a month, so decide if your "time & possibly the truck being sold to someone else" factors in.

And here is a #3 (Bonus tip : )
If you can't close THAT day, tell the salesman to park that truck around back RIGHT away....He'll be more than willing to do it so it doesn't get sold out from under both of y'all (if ANOTHER salesperson sells it, he's out your possible purchase of it : ) ... You'd be surprised how just "coming back from a test drive" and leaving it right out in front with Window Sticker showing its UNSOLD can "grab another customer's attn", and NOW they either buy it out from under you, or, "their interest in it robs you of any negotiation room"....

Last edited:

hammer722

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger last night. Got the Rebel 12 with mspr of $61.4 for $45.9 before tax and title.

anonymous

Reaction score
Canadian truck - Ontario - '19 Classic, Hemi, 4x4, CC, night edition, 8.4", black interior and blacked out all around, 20" wheels, heater mirrors, fog lights, bench seat, dual exhaust, painted bumpers, hitch, 32 gal tank
MSRP $55,959 CAD - with all my discounts and incentives (Chrysler Preferred Customer) - $37,600 CAD = $18,395 CAD off before tax.
Also my dealer gave me the best price for my trade-in within 100 miles and 6 months span.
So, about $28,500 USD.

trey321

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2019 Limited:

MSRP: 65,415
Sales Price: 48,211 + TTL plus they gave me what I was asking for my trade.

I went to Capital CDJR in Indian Trail, NC. The experience couldn't have been better. Great people, no pressure, no games.

Thanks to all who post on this board for increasing awareness of the great deals out there.

Reaction score
Finally found what I wanted last weekend. I think I got a good but not great deal. OH well, I got what I wanted and I am happy. I too purchased at Capital CJDR in Garner, NC. No hassle at all. In fact, a very pleasurable experience. I must say I came from a 5.3 Chevy Tahoe with 3.73's which I really like but this RAM 5.7 with the 3.92's is a beast and sounds great to boot.

Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
Black Appearance Pkg
Advanced Safety Group
Bed Utility Group
Off-Road Group
Level 2 Equipment Group
Front and Rear Rubber Floor Mats
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
V8 Hemi
Pano Sunroof
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
12" Touchscreen
Trailer Brake Control

MSRP $65,510
Negotiated Price: $51,010
22% off MSRP
+ Tax, Tag, and Processing Fee

dsaunders

Reaction score
The Lithia dealer in Portland where I bought my truck has removed the 27% off prices from their website. Wonder if the promotion is over?

cydisc

Reaction score
This may have been touched on, but my search of the forum doesn't show me... How do you tell which units will qualify for the 20% rebate?

Chavez98

Reaction score
The Lithia dealer in Portland where I bought my truck has removed the 27% off prices from their website. Wonder if the promotion is over?

I received a call from **** Hannah from Vancouver earlier today. The sales manager was reminding me I had 9 days left before the sale was over. I told him I was off the market. He was surprised and disappointed. There is more to that but that’s a long story.

MQQSE

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck! I just started my search. Dealers near me are no where close to that. Don’t mind me asking what was your sales price and rebate?
I just walked out of a Ram dealer in AZ and fully loaded $68,900 Limited (non Rambox) is priced for $51,518! In talking with the star manager he stated Ram just lowered prices big time and are testing something but will most likely pull the discounts back off at the end of July.

Contentment

Reaction score
First car ever drove off the lot. How'd I do?
Ram Rebel- White

54,365 MSRP
$15,061 Discount
$39,903

27.7% off MSRP. Dealer wouldn't budge further.

Rebel Level 2 Equipment Group
  • 115V Auxiliary Rear Power Outlet
  • 8.4" Touchscreen Display
  • Air Conditioning ATC w/Dual Zone Control
  • Apple CarPlay
  • Auto Dim Exterior Driver Mirror
  • Exterior Mirrors w/Supplemental Signals
  • Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps
  • Foam Bottle Insert
  • Google Android Auto
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Integrated Center Stack Radio
  • 2 USB Full Function/Charge Only Media Hub
  • ParkSense Front/Rear Park Assist w/Stop
  • Power Adjustable Pedals
  • Power-Folding Mirrors
  • Power Heated Fold Away Mirrors
  • Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers
  • Rear Dome w/On/Off Switch Lamp
  • Rear View Auto Dim Mirror
  • Rear Window Defroster
  • Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
  • Remote Start System
  • Security Alarm
  • Single Disc Remote CD Player
  • Sun Visors w/Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
  • Radio: Uconnect 4 w/8.4" Display
  • Universal Garage Door Opener

Engine: 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque
  • 26 Gallon Fuel Tank
  • 48V Belt Starter Generator
  • Active Noise Control System
  • Dual Exhaust w/Black Tips
  • GVWR: 7,100 lbs
  • Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
  • HEMI badge
Trailer Tow Group
  • Power Black Trailer Tow Mirrors
  • Trailer Brake Control
  • Trailer Tow Mirrors
Other included options.
Cloth/Vinyl Low Back Bucket Seats
Rear Wheelhouse Liners
9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Monotone Paint
Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic
Spray In Bedliner
50 State Emissions

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
with discounts like this dealers dont need to budge to move trucks. The next guy in line is glad to buy that these prices. Sounds like this is pretty much their model year end clearance since 2020s will be produced soon.

Big Bert

Reaction score
First car ever drove off the lot. How'd I do?
Ram Rebel- White

54,365 MSRP
$15,061 Discount
$39,903

27.7% off MSRP. Dealer wouldn't budge further.

Rebel Level 2 Equipment Group
  • 115V Auxiliary Rear Power Outlet
  • 8.4" Touchscreen Display
  • Air Conditioning ATC w/Dual Zone Control
  • Apple CarPlay
  • Auto Dim Exterior Driver Mirror
  • Foam Bottle Insert
  • Google Android Auto
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Integrated Center Stack Radio
  • 2 USB Full Function/Charge Only Media Hub
  • ParkSense Front/Rear Park Assist w/Stop
  • Power Adjustable Pedals
  • Power-Folding Mirrors
  • Power Heated Fold Away Mirrors
  • Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers
  • Rear Dome w/On/Off Switch Lamp
  • Rear View Auto Dim Mirror
  • Rear Window Defroster
  • Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
  • Remote Start System
  • Security Alarm
  • Single Disc Remote CD Player
  • Sun Visors w/Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
  • Radio: Uconnect 4 w/8.4" Display
  • Universal Garage Door Opener

Engine: 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque
  • 26 Gallon Fuel Tank
  • 48V Belt Starter Generator
  • Active Noise Control System
  • Dual Exhaust w/Black Tips
  • GVWR: 7,100 lbs
  • Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
  • HEMI badge
Trailer Tow Group
  • Power Black Trailer Tow Mirrors
  • Trailer Brake Control
  • Trailer Tow Mirrors
Other included options.
Cloth/Vinyl Low Back Bucket Seats
Rear Wheelhouse Liners
9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Monotone Paint
Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic
Spray In Bedliner
50 State Emissions
27.7% is an awesome price for a Rebel. Congrats

SlipperyPete

Reaction score
Joined the club yesterday, picked up an Ivory Limited, MSRP $68,685 for 27% off plus got what I wanted for my trade. The truck on the web site showed $50,140 and was at McGrath in Cedar Rapids, IA. Anyone in the Midwest looking and willing to drive or try and use them to get your dealer to come down. They pushed the extended warranty a little hard until I final told them to drop it I was not interested. They did charge $180 for doc fees but that was significantly less than what other dealers wanted, so figured it was fair. Thanks again to everyone here for sharing your experiences, it truly helps the rest of us to know about how hard we should/can push.

Kicker56

Reaction score
I’m joining the club tomorrow. Let me know what everyone thinks. Ram Rebel Biller Silver with Rebel 12 package (not 12A) sticker is $62,295 discounting $16.5k sales price $45,795. Trading in my ‘18 Raptor, owned for 18 months bought for $63K and giving me $57K for trade and put on 23,000 miles. I think it’s a heck of a deal but would like others opinions on that. This is Columbus Ohio.

irontiger

Reaction score
went to two dealerships and both of them advertised ~30% off MSRP on 2019 Ram 1500 Limited inventory but one dealer has $1700 dealer add-ons and the other one has $3000 dealer add-ons. Neither of them budged during negotiation. Is everyone here having similar experience with dealer add-ons on top of advertised web price? Anyone was able to convince dealer to remove those add-ons? I am fine with paying their price advertised on their website plus TTL, but not with the forced add-ons at jacked-up price.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Canadian truck - Ontario - '19 Classic, Hemi, 4x4, CC, night edition, 8.4", black interior and blacked out all around, 20" wheels, heater mirrors, fog lights, bench seat, dual exhaust, painted bumpers, hitch, 32 gal tank
MSRP $55,959 CAD - with all my discounts and incentives (Chrysler Preferred Customer) - $37,600 CAD = $18,395 CAD off before tax.
Also my dealer gave me the best price for my trade-in within 100 miles and 6 months span.
So, about $28,500 USD.
Excellent!

Users who are viewing this thread