5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Chavez98

Reaction score
Just saw this. I bought at that dealer but I wanted the 6'4 bed so they had one at a storage facility across the river they brought over for me. The ones in the back lot were all 5'7s

I figured that was the dealer you bought from. I almost bought one there but sale fell through last month. Then I almost placed an order. I’m happy that both tries fell through. I picked a limited in Spokane two weekends ago. I great time driving it back.

PrISM

Reaction score
Just came back from my local dealer that has an Ivory Limited with all of the options I'd like.
MSRP: $68,740
Sale: $52,154 excluding TTL

They're giving me more trade allowance than my CarMax quote. I'm thinking I could get a bit lower on their sale price?

Easterlake

Reaction score
New member here, just purchased truck on Saturday 6-15. I didn't want to buy right now(current Silverado lease ends November) but this deal was just to hard to pass up. Big Horn level 2 granite crystal,crew 4wd, premium lighting,sport appearance, trailer tow(hate these mirrors),front and rear rubber mats,anti-spin diff, uconnect w/nav, V-8, 20 inch chrome wheels, BSM. Msrp 53,790.00 listed for 30% off .Final price 37653.00
Looks like we made a similar purchase on Saturday. I purchased a Granite Crystal Laramie Sport. $54,990, paid $39,990 and talked them into a set of running boards. I had Linex do the bed today and my tonneau cover comes in tomorrow.
Now, out to the driveway to try to figure everything out. I kept my P.O.S. 2005 F150 to hall crap in. Enjoy your truck!!

Dkemp123

Reaction score
Ram Rebel msrp $59,440 including destination, less dealer discount $5,825, less rebates of $8,916 = $44,619 or 25% off msrp + ttl. They gave may what I requested in a trade (8,300 vs 6,000 car max offer) so felt good enough to pull the trigger.

Chavez98

Reaction score
Just came back from my local dealer that has an Ivory Limited with all of the options I'd like.

They're giving me more trade allowance than my CarMax quote. I'm thinking I could get a bit lower on their sale price?

I think the price should be at $50k or below. I wouldn’t settle for anything less then 27% off. At least in my area of PNW.

Justbry

Reaction score
Looked at a Rebel with options/color we like. The lot shark offered us a very weak deal.
MSRP 53,270
Sale price 49,500
Rebate 7,991 (15%)
So about 41,800 before TT
It has a build date of Sept, so old stock. They are way off at this point, but we think we’d bite for 38k before TT. Does that seem reasonable?

Any thoughts on a fair price/ %off for an older build Rebel, considering the insane deals at the moment?

Seems like there’s still plenty of older stock to be had in our area, so we’re not planning to leave a ton of cash on the table with this deal. We do like the options & the fact that the dealer is convenient to home. We are in PA, tri state area, so lots to choose from.

This will be our first Ram!!! So excited :)
I picked up a Rebel on Saturday (early Father’s Day gift to myself)
MSRP $60645
Sell price $53500
Rebate $9097 (15%)
With what I felt was a really good deal, I added power running boards and a hard trifold tonneau cover for $2484 installed.
Build date was March/19 so not too old.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Ram Rebel msrp $59,440 including destination, less dealer discount $5,825, less rebates of $8,916 = $44,619 or 25% off msrp + ttl. They gave may what I requested in a trade (8,300 vs 6,000 car max offer) so felt good enough to pull the trigger.
Do you mind sharing the dealer info?

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
I picked up a Rebel on Saturday (early Father’s Day gift to myself)
MSRP $60645
Sell price $53500
Rebate $9097 (15%)
With what I felt was a really good deal, I added power running boards and a hard trifold tonneau cover for $2484 installed.
Build date was March/19 so not too old.
Is the 53.5K the out the door price?

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think the price should be at $50k or below. I wouldn’t settle for anything less then 27% off. At least in my area of PNW.
PrISM - Well its a tad higher, say 1% than the absolute killer deals being reported in the recent past. Now take into consideration what you are getting, don’t lose the truck by nickling and diming (sp?) the deal. I paid $56 for a $64K truck in April, and that was pretty much the going price, no trade. So perhaps be happy with saving so much on what you wanted, and just drive it.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Unfortunately ALL dealers do NOT discount the same, all are not the same level of "hungry"...

So if the dealer has the EXACT truck you want, decide (even at current price without them discounting further) which category your deal falls into:
1. Bad Deal
2. Acceptable
3. Good
4. Great
5. Phenomenal
6. (My Personal Favorite) Stolen from them : )

it seems without knowing the specifics, your EXISTING $52,154 plus TTL is a "great deal"...

Are there TWO higher of level discount pricing you MIGHT find? Definitely. Will it be on the EXACT truck you want? Probably not.

I'd call & offer 50,000 including TTL JUST to see what they say...But even when they say, "we can't do THAT", still I say "keep negotiating, even tell them you'll think a little more on it & walk away. BUT if an hour or so goes by and they DON"T contact you, (usually means they are at their rock bottom price) i'd suggest making "one more offer for about 1,000 more off. They might counter offer 500 because usually will NOT lose a deal for $500 bucks.

Make sure to not get "so hung up on price" you lose sight of the Big Picture"..."a GREAT price for an Amazing Truck" : )

Good luck and IF its your "perfect truck and not any like it you've seen at any other dealer", don't let it get away : )

[/QUOTE]

Chavez is right IF you feel you would be willing to let the truck go if they DID not take more off the price, but i also agree they probably have "more movement" in the deal they are offering you. With TTL included and the insane discounts offered you probably could come back with an offer of 50,000 Out The Door and they'd more han likely settle for 52,000 incl TT&L.

ALL dealers do NOT discount the same. So if the dealer has the EXACT truck you want, decide which category your deal falls into IF they won't lower the price even another nickel.
Bad Deal, Acceptable, Good, Great, Phenomenal, Or My Favorite) Stolen from them : )

it seems without knowing the specifics, your EXISTING $52,154 plus TTL is a "great deal"...

Are there TWO higher of level discount pricing you MIGHT find? Definitely. Will it be on the EXACT truck you want? Probably not.

Offer 50 including TTL JUST to see what they say...But even when they say, "we can't do THAT", still I say "keep negotiating, even tell them you'll think a little more on it & walk away. BUT if an hour or so goes by and they DON"T contact you, (usually means they are at their rock bottom price) i'd suggest making "one more offer for about 1,000 more off. They might counter offer 500 because usually usually will NOT lose a deal for $500 bucks.

Good luck and if its your "perfect truck and not any like it you've seen", don't let it get away : )

Last edited:

PrISM

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses everyone. I think my main sticking point is the fact that they didn't adjust the vehicle price at all during my negotiations last night. The only thing they kept coming back with is more for my trade without actually lowering the vehicle price at all. There's a dealer about 2 hours from me that has one configured almost the same (still has everything I want) with an MSRP of a few hundred lower, but their advertised price (called to confirm) is several thousand lower than my local dealer.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses everyone. I think my main sticking point is the fact that they didn't adjust the vehicle price at all during my negotiations last night. The only thing they kept coming back with is more for my trade without actually lowering the vehicle price at all. There's a dealer about 2 hours from me that has one configured almost the same (still has everything I want) with an MSRP of a few hundred lower, but their advertised price (called to confirm) is several thousand lower than my local dealer.
Do whats best, there are no dealer loyalties over thousands of $...

Chavez98

Reaction score
PrISM - Well its a tad higher, say 1% than the absolute killer deals being reported in the recent past. Now take into consideration what you are getting, don’t lose the truck by nickling and diming (sp?) the deal. I paid $56 for a $64K truck in April, and that was pretty much the going price, no trade. So perhaps be happy with saving so much on what you wanted, and just gdrive it.

I wouldn’t consider $2k (@27%) nickel and dimes. It’s true not all places are offering this level of discounts and getting exactly what you want plays a role in the decision. The type of deal depends on many different factors. As mentioned, 27% in my area has been opening advertised. I got a little more but the dealer wasn’t moving too much.
Prism, you already know you’re getting a good deal. Only you can decide if you want to try for a better deal. $2k is mod money in my eyes. lol...Good luck.

Big Bert

Reaction score

Rebel generally seem to be discounted less...I think 25% off is a very good price, 26% is a great price ...beyond that you are one lucky truck owner.....

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Keffer Jeep in Charlotte......their original offer was an embarrassment to them.......I knew my numbers from studying and this forum......it paid off!
Good deal. Whenever I get mine finalized ill come see you to get some BBQ!

hammer722

Reaction score
Just got a call from the dealer i was going back and forth with a couple months ago about a 19' Rebel 12. MSRP of $61. They would not come off of $53k then so i walked. They started this weekends phone call with $15k/25% off sticker. They are going to loan it to me for a day before we start talking pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread