5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
Just placed my order today (in signature).
MSRP - $69,235
Sale Price - $60,774.00
Rebates - $1500 (retail consumer cash)
Dealer fees / TTL - $4,772.56
OTD - $64,056.56

Probably could have done a little better, but wanted to use someone localism.

Lexcorp Inc

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that Optional Equipment costs on the window sticker for same items vary from dealer to dealer and sometimes within the same dealer? Level 1 Equipment Group 2,995 at one, 2,500 at another and 2,695 at another. The Sunroof varies between 1295 and 1495 and the 33 gallon fuel tank is 425 at one, 445 at two others. Pretty much all the costs change except the destination. Are these controlled by the individual dealer?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that Optional Equipment costs on the window sticker for same items vary from dealer to dealer and sometimes within the same dealer? Level 1 Equipment Group 2,995 at one, 2,500 at another and 2,695 at another. The Sunroof varies between 1295 and 1495 and the 33 gallon fuel tank is 425 at one, 445 at two others. Pretty much all the costs change except the destination. Are these controlled by the individual dealer?
yes, old news. They fluctuate. Most dealers will allow you to pay the price agreed on when ordered.

tcw3628

Reaction score

This is based on build dates. Ram has been increasing the prices of multiple options.

Bdog

Reaction score
I bought my 19 4x4 crew longhorn from Meador in Fort Worth Friday. I spent several days searching and got multiple quotes and no one was near their prices. I saved over 5k compared to our local dealer.

The truck had a 67k MSRP. I had no special rebates, memberships, etc and I got it for over 10k off MSRP. My salesman Chad was awesome to work with. I have bought over a dozen new vehicles for personal and my business use over the past five years and this was the best buying experience and salesman I have had. No games, no tricks he just tries to get you the best deal possible. I drove five hours each way for the deal and am glad I did.

There are some more details I can share via pm if you want

Wiggum

Reaction score
Are people mainly buying or leasing the RAM? Just wondering what type of lease payments people have if leasing? Getting down to the nitty gritty with my old car lease and now looking around.

Bdog

Reaction score
I bought mine with cash.

There might be certain situations where leasing makes sense but the vast majority of the time leasing is the most expensive way to drive a vehicle. That is why the car makers push the lease so hard because they make so much off of it.

TVS1461

Reaction score
2019 Big Horn Sport Crew Cab Delmonico Red Pearl Coat
Sport Appearance pkg, Level 1 Equip. 5.7L Hemi, Side Steps
Sticker 44,259
Neg. Price 39,999
Rebates 6,500
Paid 33,499 + tax, license, dealer fees, etc.

xo151

Reaction score
I bought my 19 4x4 crew longhorn from Meador in Fort Worth Friday. I spent several days searching and got multiple quotes and no one was near their prices. I saved over 5k compared to our local dealer.

The truck had a 67k MSRP. I had no special rebates, memberships, etc and I got it for over 10k off MSRP. My salesman Chad was awesome to work with. I have bought over a dozen new vehicles for personal and my business use over the past five years and this was the best buying experience and salesman I have had. No games, no tricks he just tries to get you the best deal possible. I drove five hours each way for the deal and am glad I did.

There are some more details I can share via pm if you want
I almost purchased from Meador as well. They have very competitive prices but it just didn't work out for me. I went a little further northwest to Moritz.

Bdog

Reaction score
I almost purchased from Meador as well. They have very competitive prices but it just didn't work out for me. I went a little further northwest to Moritz.

I am not familiar with Moritz. I am in Lubbock and had a drive just to get to Meador. I couldn't be happier with my deal I saved so much over any of the local dealers. What I thought was great was my salesman Chad truly seemed like he was on my side. He told me he gets paid on the number of units he sells and the price really doesn't matter. He simply wants to close deals regardless of the price. It was like he and I were going to battle against the sales manager.

The only potential downside to Meador is most their inventory (which is quite large) is spec'd the same way. When it came to my truck there were a bunch to choose from in different colors but they all had the same options more or less. I was hoping for a 33 gallon tank or offroad package but not a single one of the 15+ longhorns they had on the lot had those options.

ballgame168

Reaction score
Just placed my order today (in signature):

MSRP - $65,945
Sale Price - $54,833
Dealer fees - $699
TTL - $3,745
OTD - $57,777

Also, have an Access Fund affiliate reward for $250 and an additional $500 incentive through work that the dealer is going to apply if still valid at the time of delivery which will bring it right around $57k OTD. Will also receive any additional incentives if available at the time of delivery. also have a trade but was not featured into the deal. Interested in feedback on how I did.

Last edited:

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Just placed my order today (in signature):

MSRP - $65,945
Sale Price - $54,833
Dealer fees - $699
TTL - $3,745
OTD - $57,777

Also, have an Access Fund affiliate reward for $250 and an additional $500 incentive through work that the dealer is going to apply if still valid at the time of delivery which will bring it right around $57k OTD. Will also receive any additional incentives if available at the time of delivery. also have a trade but was not featured into the deal. Interested in feedback on how I did.

What dealer did you purchase from? Build looks pretty close to what I'm looking for.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just placed my order today, signed on the dotted line.
1500 Big Horn / Lone Star Crew Cab 4X4 5' 7' bed - $42,095
5.7 hemi - $1195
Billet Silver - $200
Trailer Brake - $295
Wheelhouse Liners - $195
LED Lights - $995
NAV - $795
Level 2 - $2400

MSRP - $49,865
Sale Price - $46,000
Rebates - $4000 ($4000 locked in, may be higher at time of delivery, currently there is an additional $500 but can not lock in)
Dealer Doc - $498
Tax - $4,126.20 (NYC tax 8.875% + tax on rebates + tax doc fee),
Title - $350 may be less (title, plates, registration, city use tax, transit tax)
NJ Tire tax - $7.50 ($2.50/tire)
OTD - $46,982.20 (again can be lower at time of delivery depending on rebates, but not higher)

Could have worked a better deal on a higher MSRP white one in stock that was a very similar build with running boards and some other option but no trailer brake. I believe the combination of LEDs, Level 2 and NAV along with a bench seat is not a desirable combination. I'm in the minority for a bench seat.

I live in NYC and have access to a lot of dealerships.
The closest I came to this was $1400 more and along with tax would bring it to $1524.
The worst was $2500 more, throw in the tax and it becomes $2721.
Third was in middle, 2 dealerships that I was in contact with did not respond back via phone or email for best price.
A large volume dealership was not interested in a "best price" build order, another dealership the manager (not salesman) got angry while negotiating. I also had a great deal 250 miles away but my credit union only deals with NY, NJ, PA and CT and the 1.95 / 2.45 loan rate could not be matched.

I wish all the best to those in pursuit of their "best price".

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered from Moritz as well, mostly because I plan to have the truck serviced there. My deal was acceptable, and they’ve been pretty easy to work with thus far.

ericd

Reaction score
After months of searching I was finally able to locate the exact vehicle I was looking for without having to order. RamBox's and all. It was a dealer order that was in transit already.

Truck Price.PNG

JoeRam

Reaction score
After months of searching I was finally able to locate the exact vehicle I was looking for without having to order. RamBox's and all. It was a dealer order that was in transit already.

View attachment 6378 [/QUOTE
you were able to get 3000 rebate on a Limited.... I am headed to dealership in a few minutes to get mine, hope I see the same

ericd

Reaction score
I had $2000 dealer and another $1000 USAA

Ute4Life

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Ivory white, 12 inch Uconnect, sport package, panoramic sunroof, 33 gallon tank, anti spin, protection group, etorque, towing package
MSRP $62040
Sale Price $55747
Rebates $4500
Final Price $51247
Trade in $20950
OTD with TTL $32757.79

Attachments

• Truck 2.jpg
    Truck 2.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 43
  • truck1.jpg
    truck1.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 46

zer0

Reaction score
Are people mainly buying or leasing the RAM? Just wondering what type of lease payments people have if leasing? Getting down to the nitty gritty with my old car lease and now looking around.

I leased it.

I bought mine with cash.

There might be certain situations where leasing makes sense but the vast majority of the time leasing is the most expensive way to drive a vehicle. That is why the car makers push the lease so hard because they make so much off of it.

We (wife and I) view car shopping as a sport/hunting. And it's open season every 36 months :cool: I would like to say and think we do pretty good on our deals.

Users who are viewing this thread