5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

revolutionz

Reaction score
Just picked mine up last week, 2019 Laramie. Sticker was $60,2xx, out the door price before tax/title/license was $44,8xx

Carlmyman

Reaction score
Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4X4 - MSRP $48500
My out the door price including tax, plates etc.. - $38336
Last day of the month & quarter, guess they wanted the Bonu$ checks!

filup01

Reaction score
So not many people here seem to include the dealer fee in any of these numbers. I'm in central FL and every dealer I've researched has between a $600-1000 dealer fee above tag and title fees.

1. How are you guys getting out of paying this?
2. Will ordering v buying off the lot change anything in regards to fees?
3. Any fee free dealers within 200 miles of Orlando??
I paid $489 in “documentation fees”. I honestly think dealers fees are another way for dealers to screw you and make more money for doing a job they’ve always done. Not so many years ago there was no such fee and you can still find a few dealers without fees throughout the country but they are getting more rare everyday. I could go on a lot more about dealer fees...I hate them and consider it stealing but that’s the day we live in.
To answer your questions though, my dealer that I recommend charged me $489. If you order a truck vs take one off of their lot, the price would change because incentives would change by the time it arrived. That’s why the commercials always say “must take delivery by xxxx date to qualify”. Sorry to make this so long of a reply but I was faced with the same decision (to order or not) but when I came across Jimmy Britt in Dublin, GA, I settled. I really wanted the Rambox but for 15k off of sticker, I couldn’t pass that up. I couldn’t see sacrificing 5k just for a 1k option. For that much money off, you could fly from California to buy the truck and drive back and still save over 4 thousand dollars more than the average dealer is costing. Anyway, I hope this rant helps. I recommend everyone to check out Jimmy Britt in Dublin, GA. It’s only going to cost you a phone call to get a great deal.

gatorhwk

Reaction score
Just picked mine up last week, 2019 Laramie. Sticker was $60,2xx, out the door price before tax/title/license was $44,8xx

o_O ... so based on the Laramie's default $3k incentive the dealer came down ~22% from MSRP ... or does this include down payment/trade-in?!?! What conditional incentives did you get? If this is straight dealer dealing I need to know where the dealer's located so I can book a flight today.

Bumping this for @revolutionz cause I'm really curious.

Last edited:

gatorhwk

Reaction score
I recommend everyone to check out Jimmy Britt in Dublin, GA. It’s only going to cost you a phone call to get a great deal.

If only they didn't spec the tow package on pretty much everything they have ... not a fan.:cautious:

filup01

Reaction score
If only they didn't spec the tow package on pretty much everything they have ... not a fan.:cautious:
Agreed. I do hate the tow mirrors. It’s not because it cancels the folding or anything. I hate the mirrors because the blind spot mirror is on the side and it throws off my eyes. I’d much rather have the small blind spot mirror in the corner but for the money I’ll accept it.

grinch72

Reaction score
MSRP = $67,410.00
Negotiated Price = $57,564,21
Incentives = $3000
Final Sale Price = $54,654,21

License/Reg = $315.00
Dealer Processing = $699
State Sales Tax = $4380.78

OTD Price = $59,958.99

DaYooper

Reaction score
Just signed on the dotted line this morning. After much research (especially on this forum) and talking to many dealerships, finally found one that didn't haggle over the deal (non-commissioned sales reps).

On order:
4x4 Limited CC 5'7" bed
eTorque
Granite Silver
Body Color Bumper
3.92 axle
Sumroof
33 gallon tank
22" rims
Level 1 Equipment
Trailer Brake Control
Anti Spin Diff

MSRP $69,145
$63,172 Invoice
$58,300 Sale Price
$2,500 Rebates (today)
$3,678 TTL

$59,478 OTD

Just thought I would report back that this was apparently a one-off deal because of the CDI certificate Jeff mentioned earlier.

After a couple of weeks of back and forth with Jeremy at Shuman, the best they could do was 2% under invoice. Probably not worth the trouble of a call if you're shopping just based on price.

Last edited:

edub610

Reaction score
Question about rebates/incentives, can they be applied to both lease and purchase? How would I know?

Restrewa

Reaction score
I am new to this forum, but as far I can see/read it is not unusual to get 18 to 20% from MSRP ( not including Tax + Lic ) out of a 2019 RAM purchase. I am in WA state and the truck I am looking for I can't find out at dealers lot. It is likely I will have to custom order this truck. Here is what I am looking for: 2019 Ram Laramie 4x4 5.7" Bed, eTorque, E-Loker, 4 Air suspension, Trailer Trow, Level 2 Equipment level, Black appearance package, power running boards, TRi-fold, Uconnect 12 inch display, Panoramic roof and Bed utility.
Anyone in WA state that could refer me a dealership that would be willing to offer a fair deal? Any help will be appreciated.

revolutionz

Reaction score
o_O ... so based on the Laramie's default $3k incentive the dealer came down ~22% from MSRP ... or does this include down payment/trade-in?!?! What conditional incentives did you get? If this is straight dealer dealing I need to know where the dealer's located so I can book a flight today.

Bumping this for @revolutionz cause I'm really curious.

So, I guess that did include my trade in, but my equity was only about $500 so I guess just over $45,000. I did qualify for the trade in $1000 rebate and the $1000 USAA rebate. I believe before those it was like $47,3xx. The dealer was in Forest Lake, MN

gatorhwk

Reaction score
So, I guess that did include my trade in, but my equity was only about $500 so I guess just over $45,000. I did qualify for the trade in $1000 rebate and the $1000 USAA rebate. I believe before those it was like $47,3xx. The dealer was in Forest Lake, MN

Even backing those out ... that's still like 21.5% dealer discount ... I'm floored. By chance, was it a demo that already had some miles on it?

Whelp ... I just found http://www.forestlakechrysler.com ... and at first glance everything is ~20% off MSRP. Of course I live pretty much across the country in sunny FL ... flip.

revolutionz

Reaction score
Even backing those out ... that's still like 21.5% dealer discount ... I'm floored. By chance, was it a demo that already had some miles on it?

I think it had 27mi on it when I bought it. I asked about their pricing too, they just said they're a volume dealer and try to move as many vehicles per month as possible. Truck also came with a lifetime powertrain warranty, but I did have to sit and listen to a 45min sales pitch about buying a warranty, I think they make up a lot of their money in selling those.

gatorhwk

Reaction score
I think it had 27mi on it when I bought it. I asked about their pricing too, they just said they're a volume dealer and try to move as many vehicles per month as possible. Truck also came with a lifetime powertrain warranty, but I did have to sit and listen to a 45min sales pitch about buying a warranty, I think they make up a lot of their money in selling those.

Well ... I did forget to take out the $3k in RAM cash, but still ... great deal! Gonna have to get an offer sheet from them and hope someone matches it locally.

Jello0123

Reaction score
Just thought I would report back that this was apparently a one-off deal because of the CDI certificate Jeff mentioned earlier.

After a couple of weeks of back and forth with Jeremy at Shuman, the best they could do was 2% under invoice. Probably not worth the trouble of a call if you're shopping just based on price.

I'm sorry that he wasn't able to give you a better deal. There was a guy on here that was advertising the CDI vouchers and that he could get them. Otherwise, if you know anyone in management at FCA, they may be able to get you one.

ballgame168

Reaction score
Just placed my order:

Limited
MSRP: $64,545
Market Value after dealer concessions and $1,500 Ram incentive): $53,200
Out the door (including TTL): $57,500

Plus another $2,250 in additional incentives as long as still available (Access Fund, Conquest, Ram employee savings through my company, and Sam's Club). Also have a trade where they offered KBB but isn't factored in. Now the wait begins!

Any thoughts on the deal?

Gearwhine

Reaction score
Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4X4 - MSRP $48500
My out the door price including tax, plates etc.. - $38336
Last day of the month & quarter, guess they wanted the Bonu$ checks!

It seemed they were really blowing out the BigHorn crew cabs this past month. Too bad, because I really wanted the longer bed. Nice price!

Users who are viewing this thread