5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

BeemerG

Reaction score
Likely none of us chumps will know till like May 31st...
Thanks I will keep an eye on it. I know last June they had great deals. I didn't jump on it since it was the first year for the new body style, also they didn't offer Eco Diesel. I am waiting on the ECO Diesel even if I have to wait for 2021. We currently own 2 diesel BMW's, just love diesel engine.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ok, just took a shot at it. If Koonz can’t help you, see if this place can.
You’d likely have to either pay what the dealer wants for the BH or move up ($) to a Laramie. Same place I used has a Laramie that sounds like close to what you want but then I didn’t spend more than 10 minutes poking. Likely someone closer to you has something that will work.
Anyway here’s the Laramie:

The Laramies keep climbing in price, just the wheel liners alone are $195, didn’t see one with the bed group... Mostly they jump up $2K for the 12’ screen, then they add $1800 more for 4 corner air...

Last edited by a moderator:

Paultg

Reaction score
Anyway here’s the Laramie:

The Laramies keep climbing in price, just the wheel liners alone are $195, didn’t see one with the bed group... Mostly they jump up $2K for the 12’ screen, then they add $1800 more for 4 corner air...

Thanks. That truck is pretty close to something I'd consider. I am finding a lot more Laramie LV1 trucks available in my area too. The dealers up here just don't seem to be discounting them much at all ($2,000-$4,000 off MSRP only with rebates, no dealer discount). I'm just going to have to wait and see what the June rebates / incentives are and follow inventory. Luckily not in a rush.
I think it might be worth considering a flight - road trip / ride back too if it can save me couple thousand bucks.

I'll keep both Koons and this dealer in NC in mind.
Kernersville: if those are real prices online and they don't BS you that would be great.
I checked Koons, they don't have much inventory right now.
Are those the two largest/volume dealers on East Coast?

Boston

Reaction score
Inventory is getting er limited especially at Laramie level where they are selling out fast. Limited trucks still out there. Them production lines better ramp up fast...

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Thanks. That truck is pretty close to something I'd consider. I am finding a lot more Laramie LV1 trucks available in my area too. The dealers up here just don't seem to be discounting them much at all ($2,000-$4,000 off MSRP only with rebates, no dealer discount). I'm just going to have to wait and see what the June rebates / incentives are and follow inventory. Luckily not in a rush.
I think it might be worth considering a flight - road trip / ride back too if it can save me couple thousand bucks.

I'll keep both Koons and this dealer in NC in mind.
Kernersville: if those are real prices online and they don't BS you that would be great.
I checked Koons, they don't have much inventory right now.
Are those the two largest/volume dealers on East Coast?
I believe Koonz is big, the Kville one advertises as being largest commerciql dealer in SE. My son and I both bought from Kville. I didn’t see/feel any games, just a $700 doc fee.

BowDown

Reaction score
Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Dealers warn buyers: Get your new car before they're gone, supply vanishing

Lol, I'm gonna call BS on that dealer scare tactic news. The very same trucks I've been watching are still there across 4 states.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Lol, I'm gonna call BS on that dealer scare tactic news. The very same trucks I've been watching are still there across 4 states.
With that said, my local dealer hasn't gotten a new Ram in since before the virus. Their stock is dwindling. Also, yeah plants may be opening back up, but are running 1 shift a day, and there are supply chain issues from other countries that supply parts to build them. I don't think they will run out, but selection will be limited for a while.

Heck, Koons Ram only has 3 new Ram 1500s in stock. Thats a bit of a problem...

Paultg

Reaction score
What's crazy is how many trucks there are up in the Northeast. Just a simple search within 100 miles of my zip on ramtrucks.com:
Max MSRP $53k, Laramie 4x4 crew with short bed, Lv1 package, 5.7L, see attached.
3 exact matches, 1351 partials...

Attachments

• 2020 Laramie Lv1 4x4 Crew Cab Short Bed.JPG
    2020 Laramie Lv1 4x4 Crew Cab Short Bed.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 38

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
.... I'm more content with waiting until Monday to see what June has to offer.

I don't have a crystal ball, but i'm guessing June will offer MORE of the same dealer frustration with even LESS of a selection....

i USED to be able to rise up to the challenge of negotiation with ANY dealer no matter how savvy they were, but in these unprecedented times when an "unstoppable force" (me) meets with an "immovable object" (dealer) its time to throw in the towel.....

The only good that can come out of "panic purchasing" a RAM is a few days of delight & years of remorse (for me anyway)

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I don't have a crystal ball, but i'm guessing June will offer MORE of the same dealer frustration with even LESS of a selection....

i USED to be able to rise up to the challenge of negotiation with ANY dealer no matter how savvy they were, but in these unprecedented times when an "unstoppable force" (me) meets with an "immovable object" (dealer) its time to throw in the towel.....

The only good that can come out of "panic purchasing" a RAM is a few days of delight & years of remorse (for me anyway)

I feel you. I think June incentives will be worse than May like May was worse than April because of dwindling inventory. The factories have been open two weeks and in all of the dealerships within 150 miles of me I have seen ONE truck on Ram’s site marked “In Transit” that’s it. I do believe that article’s point about 60-90 days for inventory to start picking up so we will just have to wait it out.

I tried negotiating on two loaded Limiteds (super picky too) and one dealer offered only $7200 off sticker before rebates and a BS $1988 add-on and the other had a $8229 “dealer discount” on their site with rebates listed separately and then told me when I asked their best price they could do $3400 off before rebates. When I pointed out their website of $8229 they then said their final offer was $6250 off. I obviously told them no thanks. So I wait :)

Last edited:

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I feel you. I think June incentives will be worse than May like May was worse than April because of dwindling inventory...... so we will just have to wait it out.....I tried negotiating ---- So I wait :)

yeah.... same experience here... i HAVE to admit, first time EVER dealers just "let me walk" with zero callbacks or movement (of any kind) on their part.... ONCE u "embrace the concept of waiting & make a firm decision to WAIT IT OUT" its A LOT easier on your mind, INSTEAD of "struggling with the, "maybe i shoulds,/ will i be sorry?!"...

A few weeks ago when i saw how quickly "buying options were drying up" i lollygagged back & forth on a few units that were not even close to what i REALLY wanted & certainly not at the price i REALLY wanted, but when i reached the conclusion that "half the reward of a NEW RAM (for me) is, "getting a KILLER DEAL on the EXACT unit i want"....If those TWO requirements cannot be met, i have no business purchasing ANY truck!

(And you'd think it a lot easier to wait when you already have a pretty great RAM & one parked right next to it at your disposal, right?! NO!

big little 2020.jpg

Ever since hubby bought his dadgum Laramie 6 weeks ago & it became obvious i have gone without 4WD, e-torque, 33 gallon fuel tank , proximity key, leather, 12 inch screen & 4WD long enuf! (But honestly i MOSTLY blame have little else to do while "stay @ home" order has forced me to have barely ANYTHING to do but think about upgrading... grrrr : )

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
With that said, my local dealer hasn't gotten a new Ram in since before the virus. Their stock is dwindling. Also, yeah plants may be opening back up, but are running 1 shift a day, and there are supply chain issues from other countries that supply parts to build them. I don't think they will run out, but selection will be limited for a while.

Heck, Koons Ram only has 3 new Ram 1500s in stock. Thats a bit of a problem...
i don’t see how thats possible, Kville here has 88 2020’s on their website this morning. 88.
Make
  • Ram (88)
Body Style
  • Crew Cab (1)
  • Truck Crew Cab (88)
  • Truck Quad Cab (29)
Year
  • 2019 (33)
  • 2020 (88)
Exterior Color
  • Black (24)
  • Blue (13)
  • Gray (7)
  • Green (1)
  • Red (20)
  • Silver (1)
  • White (21)
  • Other (1)
Model
  • 1500 (88)
  • 1500 Classic (35)
  • 2500 (52)
  • 3500 (28)
  • 3500 Chassis (28)
  • 4500 Chassis (9)
  • 5500 Chassis (26)
Trim
  • All Trims
  • Big Horn (41)
  • Laramie (17)
  • Laramie Custom Route 66 (2)
  • Limited (18)
  • Longhorn (5)
  • Rebel (5)
Fuel Type
  • Diesel (27)
  • Gasoline (61)
Drive Line
  • 4WD (65)
  • RWD (23)
Features
  • Adjustable Pedals (48)
  • Alloy Wheels (88)
  • Android Auto (44)
  • Apple CarPlay (45)
  • Auto High-Beam Headlights (88)
  • Automatic Cruise Control (3)
  • Bed Liner (24)
  • Blind Spot Monitor (18)
  • Emergency Communication System (35)
  • Fog Lights (88)
  • Heated Seats (47)
  • Heated Steering Wheel (46)
  • Leather Seats (44)
  • Memory Seats (42)
  • Navigation System (36)
  • Parking Sensors / Assist (36)
  • Perimeter/Approach Lights (88)
  • Power Seats (49)
  • Push Button Starting (84)
  • Rain Sensing Wipers (31)
  • Rear Heated Seats (23)
  • Rearview Camera (88)
  • Reverse Sensing System (28)
  • Satellite Radio Ready (46)
  • Side-Impact Air Bags (88)
  • Speed Sensitive Wipers (31)
  • Steering Wheel Controls (88)
  • Sunroof / Moonroof (7)
  • Wifi Hotspot (44)
Engine
  • All Engines
  • V6 24-Valve VVT Engine with eTorque (2)
  • V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I (10)
  • V6 Turbo Diesel Engine Gen 3 (28)
  • V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine (12)
  • V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine (8)
  • V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine (19)
  • V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine (9)
88 Vehicles matching:
  • Year: 2020
  • Make: Ram
  • Model: 1500
  • Body Style: Truck Crew Cab

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
yeah.... same experience here... i HAVE to admit, first time EVER dealers just "let me walk" with zero callbacks or movement (of any kind) on their part.... ONCE u "embrace the concept of waiting & make a firm decision to WAIT IT OUT" its A LOT easier on your mind, INSTEAD of "struggling with the, "maybe i shoulds,/ will i be sorry?!"...

A few weeks ago when i saw how quickly "buying options were drying up" i lollygagged back & forth on a few units that were not even close to what i REALLY wanted & certainly not at the price i REALLY wanted, but when i reached the conclusion that "half the reward of a NEW RAM (for me) is, "getting a killer deal on the EXACT unit i want"....If those TWO requirements cannot be met, i have no business purchasing ANY truck!

(And you'd think it a lot easier to wait when you already have a pretty great RAM & one parked right next to it at your disposal, right?! NO!

View attachment 57640

Ever since hubby bought his dadgum Laramie 6 weeks ago & it became obvious i have gone without 4WD, e-torque, 33 gallon fuel tank , proximity key, leather, 12 inch screen & 4WD long enuf! (But honestly i MOSTLY blame have little else to do while "stay @ home" order has forced me to have barely ANYTHING to do but think about upgrading... grrrr : )

Same here...I say no thanks and they don’t counter or call back. 100% cut in production and only a 50% drop in demand = seller’s market...for now. Demand will continue to drop but as supply drops dealers will still be in the driver’s seat until production ramps up which will be 2-3 months away and hopefully before the second wave of COVID hits in the early fall timeframe similar to the 1918 pandemic. We may not see meaningful incentives until Aug/Sep if at all.

BowDown

Reaction score
Same here...I say no thanks and they don’t counter or call back. 100% cut in production and only a 50% drop in demand = seller’s market...for now. Demand will continue to drop but as supply drops dealers will still be in the driver’s seat until production ramps up which will be 2-3 months away and hopefully before the second wave of COVID hits in the early fall timeframe similar to the 1918 pandemic. We may not see meaningful incentives until Aug/Sep if at all.

I dont think its going to take that long, FCA isn't making money on idle factories that are losing millions a day. I bet by mid June production is at or close to normal numbers. Keep screwing around and the lease car return market will still more and more of your new car sales

Murdock

Reaction score
1 week ago I purchased my Limited Eco Diesel fully loaded. MSRP was 72k paid 59.5, 0 percent for 72 months and no payment for 120 days.
Can you break it down a bit? What kind of dealer rebates, incentives,etc....and where you bought it?

That seems like a killer deal!

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score

if you're talking Aug/Sept 2021 i agree with that statement... sadly, i just i don't see the "shift" coming back way around for the consumer for many, many MANY months :(

glunkey

Reaction score
Just received an email from a dealer I’ve been going back and forth with over the last couple months advising me that they are offering big discounts in order to make room for incoming inventory.
Tides maybe changing here soon...or just more dealer BS.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Can you break it down a bit? What kind of dealer rebates, incentives,etc....and where you bought it?

That seems like a killer deal!

Fully loaded Limited EDs are not $72...they top out at $75. People say fully loaded way too often and without a break-out, the deal is meaningless as far as helping others.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I dont think its going to take that long, FCA isn't making money on idle factories that are losing millions a day. I bet by mid June production is at or close to normal numbers. Keep screwing around and the lease car return market will still more and more of your new car sales

I would love to be wrong but it’s not just that FCA is running at 33% (one shift) it’s the part suppliers in Mexico etc. The whole supply chain was disrupted. The same is true for the big three. They’ll just keep offering to extend people’s leases for those that lease.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Just received an email from a dealer I’ve been going back and forth with over the last couple months advising me that they are offering big discounts in order to make room for incoming inventory.
Tides maybe changing here soon...or just more dealer BS.

Looking at the Ram site I don’t see a lot of “In Transit”. “big discounts” to dealers means $5-$7k off a $71-$72K limited....which isn’t big at all. It’s just BS dealer games. They have the upper hand for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online