5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm shopping ok also.
That was/is a concern with inigo, a big concern. Have you had any problems cleaning it? I may have to look into treating the leather, I know there's ceramic coat type product for leather and fabric but not sure how it wesrs.

I'm shopping every state ajoing TX, I have no issues driving 2 states away to get a truck. Currently I have about 12 in TX, 4 in West LA, 4 in OK, 2 in MO, 2 in GA. None are moving so I'm not in a hurry
Since we don’t wear jeans, we’ve not had any dye transfer. Back a year ago there was some talk on this forum about it however since 90-95% of the interiors are black, it never really came up much. A leather treatment is certainly advisable, I only use cheap Walmart variety cleaner/protectors, the spray on liquid variety, and who knows if it works.

I hope that you get a June-July deal, that would be my guess as a really good time, what with the beginning of production and the aging of the dealer stocks.

My localish Kville dealer only has 5 Limited 2020’s in stock, he’s advertising high ten to low eleven thousand off, no idea of other rebates or financing. Basically it’s $55-60 for a Limited 4x4 with either the diesel (3), 1 hemi non ET and one with ET. All interiors were black. Only 1 of the 3 diesels had a 3.92 and none had the bigger fuel tank (is it even offered on a diesel, IDK).

Last edited by a moderator:

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Thank you , that's what uts called, the Call Back sheet, I get a lot of stuttering when I ask for it but yes, in Texas its 1 maybe 2% allowable mark up
Every time I've ever asked for it the rate has been marked up to the maximum one percent. Several times I've asked how much they are marking up financing and they say not at all, and then I ask for the call back sheet and they have always had it marked up. Love cars, hate buying them. Looking forward to when you can actually buy cars totally online without any games, like through Amazon or just straight from the manufacturer.

BowDown

Reaction score
Since we don’t wear jeans, we’ve not had any dye transfer. Back a year ago there was some talk on this forum about it however since 90-95% of the interiors are black, it never really came up much. A leather treatment is certainly advisable, I only use cheap Walmart variety cleaner/protectors, the spray on liquid variety, and who knows if it works.

I hope that you get a June-July deal, that would be my guess as a really good time, what with the beginning of production and the aging of the dealer stocks.

My localish Kville dealer only has 5 Limited 2020’s in stock, he’s advertising high ten to low eleven thousand off, no idea of other rebates or financing. Basically it’s $55-60 for a Limited 4x4 with either the diesel (3), 1 hemi non ET and one with ET. All interiors were black. Only 1 of the 3 diesels had a 3.92 and none had the bigger fuel tank (is it even offered on a diesel, IDK).

Looks like there's a leather ceramic coat that will help with this. Read a Kia stinger detailering thread where the owner has white seats and had a lot of transfer. They cleaned the seats then ceramic coated them and were happy so far

jthorn75

Reaction score
I'm looking at Crystal Black exterior and the Indigo/Ivory interior, don't want black so it may be the same interior you picked up but yeah, I gots no issues waiting. I'd love to have the truck right now but for this much money, I'm not settling and I don't need to rush, buying with emotion will cost you.
And yeah, dealers don't like me, had an honest salesman tell me that and some of the conversations they have in daily sales meetings. The main one that caught my attention was "We are in the Beverly Hills of of North Texas, we don't need to negotiate on sells pricing, as close to MSRP as possible". I'm in Frisco TX
hey i live in prosper and i have shopped around the area, if you want the best deal you will find it in mckinney, they are ****ty, but they are the cheapest and most willing to give you a deal, i went through hell and back with them but i got the best deal out of the other dealerships. When shopping at plano and frisco they had more of the mentaility and have mostly limited models... just my two cents

BowDown

Reaction score
hey i live in prosper and i have shopped around the area, if you want the best deal you will find it in mckinney, they are ****ty, but they are the cheapest and most willing to give you a deal, i went through hell and back with them but i got the best deal out of the other dealerships. When shopping at plano and frisco they had more of the mentaility and have mostly limited models... just my two cents

I've got a friend thats a family friend with the owners at McKinney Dodge. Already spoke to them but all they have is Limited Diesels, I have another friend that's friends with the owner of a dealer in North AR, problem right now is that no one has inventory that I want other than the ones I've already found

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Kendal in Miami has a decent selection with nice discounts about 25%.
They have a decent selection and a good place to start researching prices.
1500s

BowDown

Reaction score
1500s

Kendall in Miami has addons that they hide, tried to buy a longhorn laramie from them in Feb, truck was internet (Car Gurus) priced at $52K after addons. it was $59K, TT&L it was $63K plus "You don't qualify for the $3000 FCA rebate because you're out of state". OK

Capture8.PNG

jerseyjoe

Reaction score
Has anyone compiled a list of zip codes spaced 300 miles apart to search inventory on the official Ram truck site? I have not found a way around the 150 mile radius limit, but using valid zip codes every 300 miles or so does roughly the same thing. Turns the tedious knob up to 11, but it works. I have no interest in engaging with my local dealers, they are all full of crap and since this area has been hit hard with covid-19 I have no interest in shopping locally anyway. Any thoughts?

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Mathew
Hi, my name is Mathew with Ram Customer Care, How may I help you?
10:20:41 AM

Me
Checking on build status please. Also copy of window sticker when available.
VIN #: 1C6RREHT1LNxxxxxx (I deleted the last digits for this post)
10:20:57 AM

Mathew
Congratulations on the purchase of the Ram Edmond. You will get the window sticker when you take delivery of the truck. Thank you for the VIN. While I check that status, would you mind verifying the name the order is under, and would you mind providing your physical mailing address for our records? Also, if you would like to, would you mind providing a phone number or an email address to have on file as well?
10:21:35 AM

Me
(I gave him the information but deleted for this post)
10:22:56 AM

Mathew
Thank you. The Ram is currently in the pre-production stage which means that all of the parts have been gathered so that it can enter into the build process. At this time FCA Ram is still reviewing to see if it is safe to reopen the factories, so we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin. I would recommend contacting us back towards the end of the month for an update, but we are available 24/7 if you do want to contact us back sooner.
10:23:17 AM

Me
Thanks
10:23:30 AM

So take this information for what it’s worth. It appears they are still not up and running.

BowDown

Reaction score
Has anyone compiled a list of zip codes spaced 300 miles apart to search inventory on the official Ram truck site? I have not found a way around the 150 mile radius limit, but using valid zip codes every 300 miles or so does roughly the same thing. Turns the tedious knob up to 11, but it works. I have no interest in engaging with my local dealers, they are all full of crap and since this area has been hit hard with covid-19 I have no interest in shopping locally anyway. Any thoughts?

I just google a state zip code map then change the zip code in the ram website

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I've attached a .pdf version of the excel document with zip codes that will cover about 99% of the US with some overlap obviously but I did minimize overlap as much as possible while still covering the majority of the contiguous US (not Alaska or Hawaii). I've also placed the link below to the map I used to make where you can see the 150-mi radius circles that is the maximum Ram allows you to search when using zip codes. You can zoom in and out of the map as you see fit. If this post is found to be useful, perhaps it can be placed as a sticky.

Attachments

• Ram Zip Code Search.pdf
    428 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

BacktheBlue00

Reaction score
1500s

They are one of the most expensive in the area. In fact I would avoid South Florida altogether, as their pricing is anything but competitive. If anything check out Joey Accardi as they will show the actual dealership discount and depending on circumstances, I've seen them in excess of $5000 before rebates. The downside is their dealership fees and such. Honestly, I didn't find a single dealership in Florida that would match these other dealerships (like in VA and OK) that people have listed. To be honest, I think there is only one high volume dealer in Florida and its Wallace, but I was told they were also shady with their internet pricing although they averaged a 11% dealer discount. When I used that to negotiate with a dealer closer to me, they flat out said they couldn't do. Much less match the 12% at the dealer in VA.

The only seemingly competitive truck dealer in S. Florida was a Chevrolet one, and that's only because he is one of the highest volume dealers in the US. Even then, it was impossible to purchase a truck from them without dealer add-ons.

Ivan44

Reaction score
They are one of the most expensive in the area. In fact I would avoid South Florida altogether, as their pricing is anything but competitive. If anything check out Joey Accardi as they will show the actual dealership discount and depending on circumstances, I've seen them in excess of $5000 before rebates. The downside is their dealership fees and such. Honestly, I didn't find a single dealership in Florida that would match these other dealerships (like in VA and OK) that people have listed. To be honest, I think there is only one high volume dealer in Florida and its Wallace, but I was told they were also shady with their internet pricing although they averaged a 11% dealer discount. When I used that to negotiate with a dealer closer to me, they flat out said they couldn't do. Much less match the 12% at the dealer in VA.

The only seemingly competitive truck dealer in S. Florida was a Chevrolet one, and that's only because he is one of the highest volume dealers in the US. Even then, it was impossible to purchase a truck from them without dealer add-ons.
YES. avoid south florida especially Kendall. They flat out say they wont negotiate. 8% under msrp is not a bargain. They dont care.

Stevesmdd

Reaction score
Am I making a good deal?
53245 MSRP 2020 1500 big horn crew cab night edition 4x4 5.7 hemi 3.92 rear
After incentives and dealer discount $39k
Residual $29285
Money factor .00175
Upfront includes taxes and dmv $3385
12k miles 39 months $389/month
Sticker below ——

Attachments

• 8E36379F-3558-46A2-8066-EAED83DE33DC.jpeg
    8E36379F-3558-46A2-8066-EAED83DE33DC.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

JKlem

Reaction score
Am I making a good deal?
53245 MSRP 2020 1500 big horn crew cab night edition 4x4 5.7 hemi 3.92 rear
After incentives and dealer discount $39k
Residual $29285
Money factor .00175
Upfront includes taxes and dmv $3385
12k miles 39 months $389/month
Sticker below ——
Never do a down payment on a lease.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Auto Trader has EVERY single truck i have ever researched on Ram Build & Price site- It lets you search from 0-1,23 500 or even nationwide, and has every single option to filter from.

ONCE u see a listing, copy its VIN#, post it in Browser, scroll one or two results to look for the result showing the dealer its actually sold from and BAM, go right to it.

Tedius knob only a 2 or 3 : )

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Auto Trader has EVERY single truck i have ever researched on Ram Build & Price site- It lets you search from 0-1,23 500 or even nationwide, and has every single option to filter from.

ONCE u see a listing, copy its VIN#, post it in Browser, scroll one or two results to look for the result showing the dealer its actually sold from and BAM, go right to it.

Tedius knob only a 2 or 3 : )

Not exactly. I've used Auto Trader before but there are no options for rambox, multi-function tailgate, 3.92, anti-spin, e-locker, protection group, 33-gallon fuel tank, 22" wheels, trailer brake control, etc. That's just the limited. Yes there's a search bar but you can only add a few things not all of what I just listed above so it just depends on which trim and how many options you're looking at whether autotrader is a better search but for at least loaded or almost loaded Limiteds, it's not that simple. You also can't search by interior color. It's not a bad search don't get me wrong but you still have work to do. That's why I had created awhile back the .pdf I attached above a few posts back which have the zip codes necessary to cover the country and ensure it matches what you want from the Ram site.

EDIT: I can also confirm that in a search I just did to compare, Auto Trader was missing at least 4 of the trucks I'm tracking and I haven't finished looking. I confirmed the trucks are on the dealer's website still and in-stock so it's not a bad quick look but to do a complete exhaustive search, you need to spend a little time using the the various zip codes to search on the Ram site. It would be GREAT if they enabled a wider search window at Ram's site though.

Last edited:

Boston

Reaction score
I bounce between Boston MA, Charlotte NC and Greenville SC
Some dealers I swear get dumped with the weirdest vehicles. They probably pisssd off the Ram regional manager and that’s his payback.
one in NC has three Etorque limiteds from 2019 when Ram charged $2700 for the set up. Its a grand less today.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Not exactly. I've used Auto Trader before but there are no options for rambox, multi-function tailgate, 3.92, anti-spin, e-locker, protection group, 33-gallon fuel tank, 22" wheels, trailer brake control, etc. That's just the limited. Yes there's a search bar but you can only add a few things not all of what I just listed above so it just depends on which trim and how many options you're looking at whether autotrader is a better search but for at least loaded or almost loaded Limiteds, it's not that simple. You also can't search by interior color. It's not a bad search don't get me wrong but you still have work to do. That's why I had created awhile back the .pdf I attached above a few posts back which have the area codes necessary to cover the country and ensure it matches what you want from the Ram site.
i beg to differ! If you weren't wanting a RAMBOX i might have to agree, but since you are, that makes ALL the difference...

You put in ALL your options, THEN at bottom in "keyword search" you enter "RAMBOX" it will filter out about 95% of the selections, and then you only have a handful to click on where you can search for the 3.92... Usually you can SEE if there's a multifunction tilgate RIGHT from the picture before u go thru the hassle of copy/pasting VIN#

Once you have 3 or 4 options of what your wanting, from there its just a hop /skip& jump... open any window sticker's MONRONEY tab, substitute the VIN # you want right on the browser by inserting YOUR VIN on top of existing in the Window sticker's URL and don't even click the dealer site IF it doesn't have the options you want. : )

Trust me, even the RAM/BUILD site is a COMPLETE waste of time compared to my method : ) Auto Trader FOR THE WIN! (but ONLY if a RAMBOX is a "must have" which to me it absolutely is!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread