5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Practical upgrades

Attaboy

Reaction score
Here’s an interesting tidbit from Mopar, they “revised” my order swapping the UCA part #s from the lift kit parts with these UCAs.

Upper Control Arm, right 68282382AC
Upper Control Arm, left 68282383AC

I emailed them to let them know I am altering the vehicle height and need UCAs for that referencing the lift kit but haven’t received a response. When I look up these two part numbers, it looks like they fit all trims with or without air ride, so am I to assume they have the extra range of motion in the ball joint to accommodate for the air suspension trucks additional ride height/lift?

It looks like one of the UCAs from the kit is being discontinued.

Attaboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback on the track bar bracket. If it’s not needed, I can return it. I ordered the tie-rod end nuts in case the factory ones are damaged in disassembly. Just trying to ensure they’re available.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Surprised nobody has mention these while your at it.. Hellwig rear swaybar, suspension maxx front endlinks, switch the front sway bar bushings to either moog or energy suspension. Ive heard good things about core 4x4 rear endlinks but haven’t personally received my order just yet to confirm or I might not a difference either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attaboy

Reaction score
Yep, already have the Hellwig 7709 and Suspensionmaxx end links up front. I am running energy suspension sway bar links in the front.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Opps might of mixed you up with another member IIRC that was also doing a suspension upgrade, my mistake.

Attaboy

Reaction score
I emailed Mopar back and told them to send me the UCAs from the lift (68323530AA and 68323531AA) vs what they added. They simply look things up on the VIN for original fit.

I wasn’t about to ask them, again, to look up the kit, which fits and includes those PNs.

Attaboy

Reaction score
Looks like the factory lift upper control arms are on national back order. Will be ordering Core 4x4 instead. I’ll make a post for final install once everything comes in.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Core4X4 is nice, but I think overkill personally. Check out RC or Zone Offroad.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Overkill for sure.. save your money go readylift or rough country or zone use the savings for other core parts.

Attaboy

Reaction score
Just ordered the RC 31902 (linked above).

All 3 look like you can grease and replace the ball joints if needed. None have grease-able pivot points. The RCs were the least expensive even if you include the factory replacements.

I preferred the RC forged arms with caps at a lower price. BTW, Amazon was the cheapest but if you have a 2019 in your garage, Amazon says the 31902 (OEM upgrade for leveling kits) won’t fit but the 31402 for 3.5” will.

Double-check by using the manufacturer’s part # on their site then use that part # when ordering on Amazon.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Attaboy

Reaction score
RC’s site states the 31902s have more articulation in the ball joint over stock, which looks like what Mopar did with the factory 2” lift and latest replacement UCAs.

What led me to choose these over the 3-3.5” ones was RC’s wording on the 31402 fitment notes:” ONLY fits models with 3 to 3.5-inches of suspension lift.”

I can only assume RC put that note in for a reason. Maybe RC changed the 31402s in a way that makes them incompatible with other lift ranges? I didn’t call them but saw plenty of reviews on multiple sites where owners used the OEM upgrade version (31902) successfully with a level.

When I called Core 4x4, they recommended using the 2-4” UCAs over their 1-2” because they said the angles were close enough to one another but didn’t specify the differences.

I’ll try to call RC tomorrow to see what their recommendation is and if using the 31402s would cause any problems.

If anyone has experience using RC 31402 UCAs with a 2-2.5” level could chime in I think everyone would be greatly appreciative. Luckily with Amazon, I should have plenty of time to swap them out before install for a little shipping cost.

I ordered assembled 6112s so they probably won’t be here for at least two weeks.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
RC’s support line is open M-F until 2200. They recommended the OE upgrade for leveling kits below 3”.
Did they say why? Usually customer support line only goes off what the computer tells them.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RC’s support line is open M-F until 2200. They recommended the OE upgrade for leveling kits below 3”.
Sounds like you did some good research. When I was researching my lift options, I also spoke to RC and asked about their recommended UCA for leveling. They said the OE upgrade is the way to go. I’ve used RC for various projects over the past 15ish years and their support and help is top notch. It’s local boys that work on their trucks and know their product. They aren’t outsourced customer support reading off a screen. They’ve steered (pun intended) me in the right direction many times, even if that means their particular product and application isn’t best for my needs and won’t make the sale. Keep up the good work my friend!

Attaboy

Reaction score
I did not get an answer as to why. The individual I spoke to seemed to know his stuff but hesitated to get into specifics. Probably protecting proprietary specs.

The closest I got to any valuable info is that the OEM upgrade UCAs should be paired with their 2.0 and 3.5 loaded strut assemblies respectively .

Attaboy

Reaction score
I did not get an answer as to why. The individual I spoke to seemed to know his stuff but hesitated to get into specifics. Probably protecting proprietary specs.

The closest I got to any valuable info is that the OEM upgrade UCAs should be paired with their 2.0 and 3.5 loaded strut assemblies respectively .
3.5 UCA with 3.5 strut

Users who are viewing this thread