5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Side Step Ripped off

technicholas

Reaction score
Hi guys, I took mine to a welder it is fixed - it just needs to be reinstalled it's been cold here in Iowa.

jimwjones

Reaction score
I don't have all the broken parts from the bracket otherwise I'd have mine welded too. Anyone have any luck finding whoever makes these for mopar? My dealer is sympathetic and will give me good deal on assembly but it just seems so crazy when all I need is the brackets!

dredge38

Reaction score
Like someone else commented check with AMP research. I believe they make all the power steps for ram, Chevy ect....

Jenks

Reaction score
I don't have all the broken parts from the bracket otherwise I'd have mine welded too. Anyone have any luck finding whoever makes these for mopar? My dealer is sympathetic and will give me good deal on assembly but it just seems so crazy when all I need is the brackets!

Any professional welder should be able to fab a new bracket. Check with a 4 wheel drive shop. If they can't do it they should know of a welder to point you to.

jimwjones

Reaction score
Any professional welder should be able to fab a new bracket. Check with a 4 wheel drive shop. If they can't do it they should know of a welder to point you to.
Thanks, I was hoping for the stock brackets because I actually prefer those cast pieces snap off under stress than whatever is the next weakest part up the line!

Jenks

Reaction score
Thanks, I was hoping for the stock brackets because I actually prefer those cast pieces snap off under stress than whatever is the next weakest part up the line!

I can appreciate that. There's just no way I could justify paying a $700 stupid tax like the op did when you could fix it for under $100.

technicholas

Reaction score
I couldn’t find the brackets nobody sells them.

pyl16349

Reaction score
Old thread, but I had the same thing happen. Drivers side as well. Carwash denied my claim. Just on principal I'm going to take them to small claims court. I'm having a hell of a time getting a dealer to tell me accurately what the replacement cost is. With my case the bracket that attaches to the board completely sheared off. I think that means you need to buy the whole board plus motor assembly, etc. Close to $1300 if that's the case. No chance I'm spending that for one side, you can buy both sides from Rough Country for $999. I'm so pissed.

Users who are viewing this thread