5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Running Boards can OEM be add?

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Did they state why it’s on hold ?

Might not have been a hold. I think it was just backordered. I might have been thinking of the OEM Bed Step which is on hold “pending engineering review”. From what I’ve gathered there is some sort of wire retaining clip that has to be removed to add the bed step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ok as I am now on my way to ship out an exhaust and am stopping at the dealer to order the oem ones if available .

PorBoy

Reaction score
Now I have the bedstep installed and it’s perfext for my wife’s needs. Just need to ensure that the bedstep does not interfere with installing the oem powersteps.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Now I have the bedstep installed and it’s perfext for my wife’s needs. Just need to ensure that the bedstep does not interfere with installing the oem powersteps.

I can’t imagine that it would interfere for any reason but good to double check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Reaction score
Of course my dealer had no clue and need a Mopar part number to look up these power steps. Does anyone have one that I can use to do a search with ?

PorBoy

Reaction score
I have the Crew cab so that information will work out fine for me. Thank you for posting it.

Brrryan

Reaction score
Checking in to see if any Big Horn dudes with the 8.4” non-nav have had install success with these...

Creep0321

Reaction score
Anyone know if these can be ordered on a Laramie, but without adding equipment level 2? All my wife wants is the powered running boards, but the website won’t let me do it.

Jako

Reaction score
Anyone know if these can be ordered on a Laramie, but without adding equipment level 2? All my wife wants is the powered running boards, but the website won’t let me do it.
The website is not always accurate. It was not allowing me to add the navigation with level 2 equipment on my big horn. No problem at the dealership. Wish I coud have gave you a better answer.

Macinsac

Reaction score

I ordered a Laramie with the level 1 package about 2 weeks ago. I also wanted the power running boards. It was grayed out in the dealer order form. Only available with the level 2 package. I guess I'll be installing them after delivery.

Creep0321

Reaction score
I ordered a Laramie with the level 1 package about 2 weeks ago. I also wanted the power running boards. It was grayed out in the dealer order form. Only available with the level 2 package. I guess I'll be installing them after delivery.
Did they give you a price?

Macinsac

Reaction score
I will work on that when the truck arrives. Internet has them about $1300. I still don't know if they will work with the 8.4 without nav.

Hoel6466

Reaction score
Just got done installing the running boards on my truck last weekend. I have a 19 1500 rebel with the rebel 12 package. It was a fairly straight install. Removing trim panels was the hardest part. If you can install a car stereo you can install these. The instructions were detailed enough. The only thing I found lacking was information on how to install the wires into the connectors. It showed the location but not the orientation. Not to worry though they can only be installed one way. I had a friend helping and it took about two hours.

KY DodgeGuy

Reaction score
Just got done installing the running boards on my truck last weekend. I have a 19 1500 rebel with the rebel 12 package. It was a fairly straight install. Removing trim panels was the hardest part. If you can install a car stereo you can install these. The instructions were detailed enough. The only thing I found lacking was information on how to install the wires into the connectors. It showed the location but not the orientation. Not to worry though they can only be installed one way. I had a friend helping and it took about two hours.
They look GREAT. I have no problem with the installation. Did you have to visit a Dodge dealer to get the 'Uconnect' flashed?

Hoel6466

Reaction score
They look GREAT. I have no problem with the installation. Did you have to visit a Dodge dealer to get the 'Uconnect' flashed?
I did not. I don’t have the button on the display to manually deploy them if I wanted that I would have to go in and pay to have it flashed

apalma002

Reaction score

Just bought a rebel myself. Amp research is saying that have problems installing their boards unto the trucks because a canister which sits underneath the chassis was interfering with the linkage system.
Where did you get your power runningboards?

Did you have to do any splicing into the wiring harness?

Thanks!

Hoel6466

Reaction score
Just bought a rebel myself. Amp research is saying that have problems installing their boards unto the trucks because a canister which sits underneath the chassis was interfering with the linkage system.
Where did you get your power runningboards?

Did you have to do any splicing into the wiring harness?

Thanks!
I bought the factory power running boards. It came with a wiring harness that was plug and play. I didn't have any issues with the canister.

RichM1983

Reaction score
For those of you that have done this I need some help. I purchased a set of new takeoffs but they don't come with the wiring. Does anyone have part numbers for the harness and module that allows for a plug and play install?

Ajr

Reaction score
Does anyone know if factory steps will work on Level 2 Ram Rebel with 8.4 Uconnect Nav screen and if the functions to deploy from the screen will be available with a flash similar to the Lkmited models

Users who are viewing this thread