5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power folding mirror question

Ezhik

Reaction score
Well day 4 with my new Ram 1500 Limited and I am enjoying it more and more each day :)

One thing I can't find is the option to auto fold the mirrors when you park, anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks.

Mason1217

Reaction score
Well day 4 with my new Ram 1500 Limited and I am enjoying it more and more each day :)

One thing I can't find is the option to auto fold the mirrors when you park, anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks.
Not an option on any trim or with any package. Sucks, I know, I wish it would also.

Old Ray

Reaction score
Not an option on any trim or with any package. Sucks, I know, I wish it would also.
Huh, it is my understanding that with the tow package (crime of the century) they are not power fold but with NO tow package they are ? I also due to lack of attention on my part am a "Tow mirror victim". (Limited)

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Huh, it is my understanding that with the tow package (crime of the century) they are not power fold but with NO tow package they are ? I also due to lack of attention on my part am a "Tow mirror victim". (Limited)

they are referring to AUTO fold mirrors. (not just push button fold)(y)

Ezhik

Reaction score
Yeah I have the power mirrors, was hoping when you parked the truck they would automatically fold in (similar to many other vehicles I have had). I guess this is not available.

@RamCares, sounds like a software update ;)

Last edited:

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I have the power mirrors, was hoping when you parked the truck they would automatically fold in (similar to many other vehicles I have had). I guess this is not available.

Ramcares, sounds like a software update ;)

If I may suggest, if you want to get a specific users attention, place a @ in front of the user name.

As in @RamCares , I too would like to be able to automatically fold the mirrors when parking

Ramjeep

Reaction score
Are you sure its not in the uconnect option menu? I have a 2018 grand Cherokee and it's in the option menu. Im looking to get a ram next and I really do hope it has that option.

SLMinATX

Reaction score
@RamCares, I'll my $.02 to this too, would be great if the mirrors folded upon locking. This is a fairly common feature in many other vehicles and with them already being power I would think this could be programmed via UConnect.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are you sure its not in the uconnect option menu? I have a 2018 grand Cherokee and it's in the option menu. Im looking to get a ram next and I really do hope it has that option.
Very, very sure. Not the first thread on the subject ;)

Ramjeep

Reaction score
Very, very sure. Not the first thread on the subject ;)
Dang. I really like that feature on my Jeep . Well maybe they will add it later on. My 2014 didn’t have it either , but they must have added to the 2018 models.

Douglas

Reaction score
I am also a "tow Mirror" victim. Dont want the tow mirrors as they block window vision=hazard. Dealer says "Nope, cant get the parts to change to standard mirrors. I plan to install the mirrors from my '55 Chevy instead. What a crock cant buy the standard mirrors. All parts ordered by VIN# only? Dodge is missing a bet on this one.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I am also a "tow Mirror" victim. Dont want the tow mirrors as they block window vision=hazard. Dealer says "Nope, cant get the parts to change to standard mirrors. I plan to install the mirrors from my '55 Chevy instead. What a crock cant buy the standard mirrors. All parts ordered by VIN# only? Dodge is missing a bet on this one.

You can now purchase aftermarket power fold mirrors. Only thing you can’t add is the 360 surround view.

Infotainment.com

For those wanting the option to AUTO fold power mirrors, you’re most likely in the minority. Most, like myself, prefer to use the button. Reasons for this is 1. I live in the Midwest and winters can be brutal on plastic gears. Frozen gear can be ruined if/when you fold/unfold them. 2. The only time most people will truly worry about folding their mirrors is in parking lots or in a tight garage (again pushing the button only takes a second.) 3. Again winters can wreck havoc on them.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Rick_Laramie

Reaction score
Clearly folks take NO for an answer. The ONLY problem with adding this option is MONEY. It is a 1700.00 kit from infotainment. I LOVE MY POWER TOW MIRRORS. I will never be a victim or take no for an answer.
Install Video:
Link to page is in video........... or https://www.infotainment.com/produc...r-folding-mirrors-package?variant=42102695687 and 2019/2020 https://www.infotainment.com/products/19-20-ram-truck-power-folding-mirrors-package

The kit comes with everything and adds a button on the driver side power window pad that is probably a hard as a rock plastic blank right now.
All you need is money, and about 2 hours to install (if that). I AM NOT assciated in any way with the product and receive not a penny from manufacturer. Just a pleased as punch customer
You are very welcome!!

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those wanting the option to AUTO fold power mirrors, you’re most likely in the minority. Most, like myself, prefer to use the button.

Nobody is asking for things to be changed so that they always fold in. We want an Option (in Settings) to tell it whether to Auto-Fold in. If we got the option we're asking for, you can leave yours set to stay out and I can set mine to auto-fold in. Everybody gets what they want. Without the option, you get what you want, but a bunch of us don't.

I also want an option for the truck to lower (the air suspension) to Entry/Exit height when the truck goes into Park.

Reighnman

Reaction score
Its purely a software thing, just another feature they could have added with likely little cost to implement but possibly an increase in amount of warranty claims for mirrors wearing out :)

All factors into price of the vehicle, definitely things on the software side of my old BMW I miss that wish my ram had (wireless carplay, auto fold mirrors, 11 band equalizer, separate door lock beep vs horn, etc)

Cosmok

Reaction score
Is pushing a button really that much of an inconvenience? Not attempting to be a ******, but the line between convenience and laziness is blurring a little more everyday in our society.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nobody is asking for things to be changed so that they always fold in. We want an Option (in Settings) to tell it whether to Auto-Fold in. If we got the option we're asking for, you can leave yours set to stay out and I can set mine to auto-fold in. Everybody gets what they want. Without the option, you get what you want, but a bunch of us don't.

I also want an option for the truck to lower (the air suspension) to Entry/Exit height when the truck goes into Park.

You can add the Tazer DT and have auto fold mirror option. Also, you should be able to set Entry/Exit when parking the vehicle, pretty sure I can

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can add the Tazer DT and have auto fold mirror option. Also, you should be able to set Entry/Exit when parking the vehicle, pretty sure I can

I looked at the Tazer. Don't want one. Plus, WAY too much money just to have auto-folding mirrors.

If you can tell me how to set my truck to auto-lower to E/E on park, I would surely appreciate it. On a 12" Uconnect, preferably. But, I am pretty sure these trucks do not have that option. Unless it's somehow an option that shows in the 8.4" but not the 12".

Users who are viewing this thread