5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power folding mirror question

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked at the Tazer. Don't want one. Plus, WAY too much money just to have auto-folding mirrors.

If you can tell me how to set my truck to auto-lower to E/E on park, I would surely appreciate it. On a 12" Uconnect, preferably. But, I am pretty sure these trucks do not have that option. Unless it's somehow an option that shows in the 8.4" but not the 12".

I will look but thought it was in the EVIC but perhaps I am mistaken. I wouldn't want to sit in the cab long enough for it to lower, and worse if you have ORG. Seems to me you could just press the switch as you get close to your parking destination but again I know that's not what you are asking for.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I will look but thought it was in the EVIC but perhaps I am mistaken. I wouldn't want to sit in the cab long enough for it to lower, and worse if you have ORG. Seems to me you could just press the switch as you get close to your parking destination but again I know that's not what you are asking for.
You wouldn’t have to sit in the truck, since you can lower the truck with the key fob while it’s off. But I know we’re getting off topic...

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You wouldn’t have to sit in the truck, since you can lower the truck with the key fob while it’s off. But I know we’re getting off topic...

I am referring to the time it takes to lower the truck waiting on it IF you are in it and put it in park. Doesn't matter how you do it, you have to wait. Now if you are more concerned on the way in the truck then yeah

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am referring to the time it takes to lower the truck waiting on it IF you are in it and put it in park. Doesn't matter how you do it, you have to wait. Now if you are more concerned on the way in the truck then yeah
Got it. But I just hop out and hit the button to lower it as I’m walking away...if I’m going to be loading cargo or in-laws ;)

supercanadian

Reaction score
do all 2020 limited regardless of tow mirrors or not have power folding mirrors?

Cravenfan

Reaction score
My garage is 50 years old and only wide enough to back my truck in. Getting out to fold in the mirror in the rain, or snow storm to back up and reverse the process when driving out is inconvenient every day.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got it. But I just hop out and hit the button to lower it as I’m walking away...if I’m going to be loading cargo or in-laws ;)

You mean you hit the button on your remote (as you're walking away)?

That's how I do it, too. It is always annoying to me that I can't have it running, in Park, and double tap the dash toggle to lower it (all the way to E/E), then get out as it lowers. I wouldn't mind if it paused while the door is open, but it should resume lowering when I close the door.

JimHem73

Reaction score
Afternoon all. New member and just switched from an F150 to the new 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn. In the F150 you were able to have a dealer or someone with the proper software flash the bcm and turn on the feature for auto fold mirrors if you were equipped with the power-folding mirrors. I wouldn't be the least surprised to find out that the Ram has the same option and it's just not activated by default. Same as the ITBM for the trailer brakes. You can add the module kit and have a dealer flash the BCM to turn the feature on. I have done this already on my week-old Ram 1500.

Users who are viewing this thread