5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Fold Mirrors Hitting Door Glass

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, had a chance to do some science today and tested out the standard power mirrors, and they DO NOT hit the windows. I figured they did with the sound they make when they hit the stop with the slight upward movement. With the windows down and mirrors folded, there was no interference from the mirrors when the windows were raised.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Well, had a chance to do some science today and tested out the standard power mirrors, and they DO NOT hit the windows. I figured they did with the sound they make when they hit the stop with the slight upward movement. With the windows down and mirrors folded, there was no interference from the mirrors when the windows were raised.
I did science today too!

How much gap is actual left anyway

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had the same sound on my drivers side and yes it also did not hit. Just a very annoying sound for some odd reason !

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
Is there an adjustment or travel stop? My drivers side mirror definitely hits the window when folded.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there an adjustment or travel stop? My drivers side mirror definitely hits the window when folded.
I don’t believe there is any adjustment with the stops. Are you certain it’s hitting? Try taking a credit card or something if similar thickness and slide it between the glass and mirror to confirm it is hitting. They sound and look like they hit but if you look closely it’s actually just shy of touching the glass. Check yours to confirm.

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
I don’t believe there is any adjustment with the stops. Are you certain it’s hitting? Try taking a credit card or something if similar thickness and slide it between the glass and mirror to confirm it is hitting. They sound and look like they hit but if you look closely it’s actually just shy of touching the glass. Check yours to confirm.

Definitely hitting, I can see the mirror torque itself when it hits and comes to a stop.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely hitting, I can see the mirror torque itself when it hits and comes to a stop.
I highly doubt it. Mine do the same and they don't hit. I originally thought they did, but if you roll the windows down and up you'll see that they aren't touching or dragging on the windows. The mirrors move like that when they hit the stops, not the windows.

Reactions: MJP

DesertRebel

Reaction score
Man-O-man some of you guys are overly OCD!

I decided I should check mine... I never noticed an issue but felt compelled to check (I guess my OCD wouldn't let loose)...

Initially I thought, damn they're right - mine hit too (visual and sound) - then I slipped a card in... card wouldn't slide freely - shoot, mine hits window... then I realized the angle I was coming from with the card wasn't accurate and slid the card from a more direct/parallel position and it cleared... then I got a flashlight and inspected the clearance (yep, full-on ocd by then)...

Not only is it not hitting - there's ample clearance.

Fold them in with low to no light (night) and use a flashlight - you will likely see more gap than you realize.

Moral of the story = don't let your ocd get the best of you - 'cause when it does, mine smothers me.

Last edited:

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man-O-man some of you guys are overly OCD!

I decided I should check mine... I never noticed an issue but felt compelled to check (I guess my OCD wouldn't let loose)...

Initially I thought, damn they're right - mine hit too (visual and sound) - then I slipped a card in... card wouldn't slide freely - shoot, mine hits window... then I realized the angle I was coming from with the card wasn't accurate and slid the card from a more direct/parallel position and it cleared... then I got a flashlight and inspected the clearance (yep, full-on ocd by then)...

Not only is it not hitting - there's ample clearance.

Fold them in with low to no light (night) and use a flashlight - you will likely see more gap then you realize.

Moral of the story = don't let your ocd get the best of you - 'cause when it does, mine smothers me.
Yep it really looks like they hit but not the case when you give it a closer look.

Users who are viewing this thread