5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Fold Mirrors Hitting Door Glass

Bufordw

Reaction score
Does anyone else have power folding mirrors that hit the door glass? I have taken ito the dealer and they said they fixed it with a DDM reset and reconfigure. However after getting home they hit the glass again. Both sides are hitting with equal force. Not just a light tap either. If the window is down you can’t roll it up with the mirrors folded. Is this normal? My dealer really doesn’t know. All the trucks on their lot have tow mirrors.

S

Smashy71

Does anyone else have power folding mirrors that hit the door glass? I have taken ito the dealer and they said they fixed it with a DDM reset and reconfigure. However after getting home they hit the glass again. Both sides are hitting with equal force. Not just a light tap either. If the window is down you can’t roll it up with the mirrors folded. Is this normal? My dealer really doesn’t know. All the trucks on their lot have tow mirrors.
Makes me wonder when a dealer does warranty work they intentionally don’t fix it and charge fca whatever the job rate is. Lol

Old Ray

Reaction score
Well at least your lucky enough to have power folding. I think, maybe, just maybe, that the ratchet thingy (tech term) in the mirror head is out of sequence, can you physically move the mirror head to reset it outwards?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can just fit a credit card between the mirror and glass... very deceptive when inside

Agitated

Reaction score
Mine did not hit when i first got the truck. Now they both hit the windows.

dswoboda2120

Reaction score
My as well. Not bad, but a thud non the less. I will have to try the window thing. If I can’t roll them up, next time I go to my dealer I will have them look at the mirrors. They are really good about taking care of stuff I point out to them.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has the same issue. Haven't asked dealer about it yet.

Bufordw

Reaction score
I tried resetting as you suggested Old Ray. After manually moving them when folded and extended they always end up back to the same spot and hit the window when folded. However, It appears that it may be normal because when manually folding the mirrors in I noticed that there seems to be spring tension at the folded position that makes the mirror hit the window. I wonder if there is a stop screw that can be adjusted for inward fold travel?

Last edited:

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Mine do it too. Thud the glass. Hasnt alarmed the though. Sounds like a safe Thud.

I never thought of it as normal tho, but given how wide these beasts are, maybe the extra millimeter or two of space from the real world is okay with me for the cost of the Thud.

Dontfront82

Reaction score

Not normal

mine do not hit the windows

S

Smashy71

Mine makes a knocking sound when folding in but windows roll down with no contact.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My mirrors don't hit but it took several "observations" to determine they do not hit. I was aware of the situation from the forum prior to picking up my Bighorn. Pre-conceived notion and self fulfilling prophecy! The proximity to the glass and sound would fool the majority of people, I believe.

Bufordw

Reaction score
Well, I was showing a co-worker how the mirrors hit the glass when folded... and now they don’t! Tried them when I got home and they still are about .125” away from the glass when folded. I will continue to check them for the next couple of days and report back. Those of you that have them hitting should consult your dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread