5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Fold Mirrors Hitting Door Glass

HotStuff

Reaction score
Just got my truck last week, and they got the windows also.

CarRamRod

Reaction score
So I just checked again and mine don't actually hit the windows. I always thought they were hitting because of the thud I hear when it stops, but there is a very slim space between the mirror and window.

JoeRam

Reaction score
Here to report mine don’t hit... they do thump but there is clearence between glass and mirror as well the windows go up w mirrors folded.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I was showing a co-worker how the mirrors hit the glass when folded... and now they don’t! Tried them when I got home and they still are about .125” away from the glass when folded. I will continue to check them for the next couple of days and report back. Those of you that have them hitting should consult your dealer.
Oddly enough I tested mine today and they do not hit anymore. No more thud and a small space between glass and mirror. No clue how it stopped but it did.

Ram79hemi

Reaction score
I have a question. Anybody have vent visors? I was wondering if the power folding mirrors would hit the vent visors?

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Mine dont fold in and up like a lamborghini door, just inward. If i had those, i doubt my mirrors would hit them.

Ram79hemi

Reaction score
You didn't look at the picture did you? The visor goes down along the inside of the plastic, where the mirror mounts to the door.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
That looked like a shadow. I see it now. I dont think the long neck of the mirror would let the mirror oart be close enough to hit it.

Ram79hemi

Reaction score
Interesting picture shows a truck with the tow mirrors. Which wouldn't be a problem cause they are larger. Just wondering, because the regular mirror get so close to the glass. I was considering but these vent visors.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Mine arent tow amd they are ling as can be, and power fold

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Especially with this style vent visor.
Here, lets see if this helps. Looks like it may hit it. Thats a standard 3x5 index card. I didnt have my tape measure handy. But its a frame of reference.
bf9fec423da63f5a26d3c7b17fba3634.jpg

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Ok, i did have it in the car. Here...

Its a Stanley, so you can trust it.

334efc7106e21de42669bb5a306e2d74.jpg

Bufordw

Reaction score
After using the power fold function a lot these last few days they are working consistantly. There is still a thud but they stay ~.125 from the window when folded. From inside it does look like they hit the glasswork when folded and I have to open the door to check, but they are always good.

Users who are viewing this thread