5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powder coated my tow hooks!

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
Tow hooks should be red or orange. Who wants a recovery point to just be black or chrome?
lol. The person being recovered wouldnt care if they were paisley or invisible. As long as they perform the function.

I wonder how how many of us actually ever used the tow hooks once.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
lol. The person being recovered wouldnt care if they were paisley or invisible. As long as they perform the function.

I wonder how how many of us actually ever used the tow hooks once.
I have. And when it's dark outside, you're slogging through mud and rocks, and you're tired red or orange are much easier colors to see than black.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
For $60 this would be a pretty awesome aesthetic upgrade for the truck. I may have to look into this...although I should probably stop spending money on the truck at some point haha. I also have a pretty large list of items I am looking at including the tailgate light bar, sequential running board turn signals, bed tent with ground tent addon and air mattresses, Vararam intake and putting another few coats of plastidip on the grill (have this on hand but need time).

Oh the joys of modding vehicles...it never ends!

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
I plan on doing the same exact thing. Did you remove them first or just coat them still installed?

You have to remove the hooks to get them powder coated.. They go through chemical cleaning (pre-treatment) before they shoot it with powder and then head into the oven to melt the powder to the metal

STR

Reaction score
I’m all for personalizing your truck, but isn’t that a GM thing with their GMC AT4 and Chevy Trail Boss & ZR2? Actually, white might be pretty cool on a white Ram. Either way, looks good to me(y)

waffle-cat

Reaction score
I am doing the same to the Tow Hooks, the 2 shops that returned my call quoted a shop minimum cost of $125 & $165 respectively. So that will be the cost.

I am also adding MGP red caliper covers.

I will post when I have them done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online