5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your Rebel pics!

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ed59f96ed351f178e18fe46d2ca8bc1a.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, there ought to be horses on a Pony Express I think :) ( sorry, couldn't resist ! ) I assumed you were talking about an overland route so I had to look it up - that looks a fantastic drive, but I don't think I'm up for it yet, still a novice off road driver. In fact, at Overland Expo PNW this year I signed up for an offroad driving course, which was eye-opening, sphincter-clenching, and amazing :) I had a professional driving instructor sitting next to me and they took me up and down inclines, around off-camber turns, over log obstacles, through deep ruts and pits and over rocks and bumps that I would have never dared to try ! On one of the turns with a noticeable off-camber element to it, I was gravitating towards the "safer" side of the turn and the instructor said "keep over this way", and I was like "noooooo!" At another point he had me stop on top of a steep incline and asked me which way did I think my steering wheel was pointed - so I clicked on the off road pages on the truck and said "eh,looks like 8 degrees". And he goes " turn that thing off ! What are you going to do when that breaks?"
Anyways, it was a great course, and I already put what I learned into practice on the recent trip in SE Oregon. I drove over some stuff that I would probably have balked at previously.
But I think I need more experience and a buddy in another vehicle before tackling something like Pony Express.
i see you got the pun lolll i had that in mind when i typed up my message :ROFLMAO:

oh yeah i understand. it took me wheeling with my friends basically every weekend for 6 months straight in 2020 to gain enough experience points and confidence to tackle Moab (Canyonland) and Toquerville (where i drove over the waterfall in my other posts) solo.

The Expo classes are great. my guys disagree but I think it's good to learn vehicle dynamics with professional drivers instead of figuring out on your own (aka, getting stuck when you're out on your own or with people who have no idea). We all have to start somewhere; I'm no expert in spotting or guiding (heck, i even manage to get myself stuck a few times picking the wrong line) but at least 90% of the time i choose the right line lolll

rgeislr

Reaction score
2022 Ram 1500 Rebel 3.0L EcoDiesel. Put a 2in ReadyLift leveling kit on it as well as limo window tint all around so far. Owned it for just about 2 months now

Attachments

• IMG_3395.jpeg
    IMG_3395.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 58

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/