5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your Rebel pics!

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
Rebel + Dweller = Nature + Happiness
8b86d2c4ff9ebe85af56e6b770461610.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

drumexpert

Reaction score
BF Goodrich KO2's, stock size 275/70 R18, on my 2019 Rebel. Installed 14 Sep 2022. Truck had a little over 41K miles at the time.

View attachment 140270
I know this is a tired out question (pun intended haha), but how do you like the BFG's over the stock duratracs? Specifically noise, ride comfort, and, if any, MPG changes?

Ramgoose

Reaction score
I know this is a tired out question (pun intended haha), but how do you like the BFG's over the stock duratracs? Specifically noise, ride comfort, and, if any, MPG changes?
I have the same set up I replaced the Duratracs at 29k because of age 4 years outside in the Nevada desert. They had become increasingly noisy and rough or hard. I too went with the KO’s because I like them. Here’s my 2 Pennie’s.
When new ride comfort the same.
BFG’s are quieter hands down due to the tread pattern. Duratracs are bordering a mud tire tread so the sing.
Duratracs had no vibrations from the factory, none at all no matter what corner the tires were rotated to.
After 3k I’ll be taking the BFG’s back to Discount tires for rebalance due to a 45 mph vibration.
BFG’s are a little squirmy on concrete freeways at least on the rear of my Rebel. Still playing with air pressure.
If they can get rid of the vibration which I believe is an installer issue not a tire manufacturer issue BFG’s are still my pick for the Ram on stock wheels but Duratracs were great for the first three years. If you want to change size or go to 20’s that’s another story.

drumexpert

Reaction score
I have the same set up I replaced the Duratracs at 29k because of age 4 years outside in the Nevada desert. They had become increasingly noisy and rough or hard. I too went with the KO’s because I like them. Here’s my 2 Pennie’s.
When new ride comfort the same.
BFG’s are quieter hands down due to the tread pattern. Duratracs are bordering a mud tire tread so the sing.
Duratracs had no vibrations from the factory, none at all no matter what corner the tires were rotated to.
After 3k I’ll be taking the BFG’s back to Discount tires for rebalance due to a 45 mph vibration.
BFG’s are a little squirmy on concrete freeways at least on the rear of my Rebel. Still playing with air pressure.
If they can get rid of the vibration which I believe is an installer issue not a tire manufacturer issue BFG’s are still my pick for the Ram on stock wheels but Duratracs were great for the first three years. If you want to change size or go to 20’s that’s another story.
I have the original duratracs 4 years later (33K on them) and they scream! Looks like many one or two of them is cupping a tad. Thanks for your feedback on the BFGs.

Rebel Rick

Reaction score
Noise was the reason I replaced the Duratracs when I did. I could've waited a few more months, but decided to do it early because of how loud they had become. The BFG's are practically silent in comparison, but they're still brand new. As far as gas mileage, so far it's been about the same. Granted I'm only on the third tank since having them installed. As far as ride quality, the BFG's seem smoother to me, but again, it could be because they're new and the Duratracs had over 41K on them. I really like them so far. I really liked the way the Duratracs looked, and was a little worried the BFG's wouldn't look right but I think they look fantastic! I'm very happy with them. If there was a negative, and it's a very nitpicky negative in my opinion, the BFG's look a little skinnier than the Duratracs.

Also, I'm not experiencing any vibration like mentioned by Ramgoose. My ride is smooth as butter. I had them installed by Discount Tire here in Pensacola for a little over $1500. They did a great job, and very fast. Excellent customer service.

Last edited:

AlaskaGT

Reaction score
I do like 85% city driving I will see if I can calculate it for you over the next couple of weeks.
I know it isn’t accurate but I am just curious what you get in the dash. That’s what I am using as a reference on mine anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online