5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your Rebel pics!

kiesey

Reaction score
Spent a couple weeks up north, found some nice roads to play on. The driveway was pretty fun too! Love the f out of this truck...2000km and I’m already rippin it, enjoy!

Attachments

• 64E9D0FC-05CB-46E9-97AC-1578343F42B5.jpeg
    64E9D0FC-05CB-46E9-97AC-1578343F42B5.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 224
  • 8072A74A-D517-495C-BED9-58AC293BB7B5.jpeg
    8072A74A-D517-495C-BED9-58AC293BB7B5.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 222

Jason2020

Reaction score
How much height did you get over stock with the lift? I have a level right now, but am considering going higher

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Hey man, sorry for the late response. Unfortunately, I didn't measure the stock height. But, I just measured from the ground to the top inside of the fender and it was 46" on the back and about 45.75" on the front. Hope this helps!

Jason2020

Reaction score
do you get any rubbing with the 37s? And was there a lot of trimming required?
Hey man, sorry for the late response. We did have to trim some of the the fender well lining and remove the factory "mud flaps." But There hasn't been any rubbing since we did that. Hope this helps!

U

User_21361

Hey man, sorry for the late response. Unfortunately, I didn't measure the stock height. But, I just measured from the ground to the top inside of the fender and it was 46" on the back and about 45.75" on the front. Hope this helps!
No worries, that's really helpful. I just measured my back at 39" (stock Rebel with 33s). Factoring in your tires at two inches of height it looks like you netted 5" of lift over stock.

I have a really tight clearance in my garage and want to make sure I can fit before putting a lift in. I'll probably look at the BDS 4" (assuming it's actually 3" of real height over stock). That plus 35s will put be about 1/2 inch below my garage handle haha.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ryco25

Reaction score
Well its not pretty, but it works to get the bed rack and tent (250lbs) onto the truck by myself, and comes together nicely with the Decked
system.

That is ridiculously cool - love the ingenuity.

fsjosh

Reaction score
Well its not pretty, but it works to get the bed rack and tent (250lbs) onto the truck by myself, and comes together nicely with the Decked
system.

Good idea! I would put some cross bracing on it though. With the weight in the air, it wouldn't take much to get it out of square then on the ground.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
system.

View attachment 65907 View attachment 65908 View attachment 65909 View attachment 65910
PHFT -

just curious why you didn’t just get a cap and out the roof tent on top? All the gladiators and pickups I see are going with a rack in the back instead of a cap which can easily hold a tent and people. Those racks are pricey and your gear would be more protected and secure

just curious - looks sharp and you should post some trip reports

Maddog88

Reaction score
PHFT -

just curious why you didn’t just get a cap and out the roof tent on top? All the gladiators and pickups I see are going with a rack in the back instead of a cap which can easily hold a tent and people. Those racks are pricey and your gear would be more protected and secure

I’m not the op but, I also went the rack/tent route rather than a cap. There are a few reasons but cost is a big one. The only caps out there (ARE HD, RSi, RLD) that can handle the weight are three to four times the cost of a rack. My rack was $899 where’s the cheapest of the three I mentioned above is $3500. The others are just over $4000.

There is also the issue of weight and balance. My tent is 14” high and on top of a caps load bars would add at least 20” total to top of my rig. That’s a lot of weight mounted up that high plus there is a lot of drag. With my rack the top of the tent is even with the trucks roofline which keeps the CG and drag low. Also, the truck/rack/tent can fit in my garage. A cap an tent would be way too tall.

Then, there are the “nice to haves”. The rack has so many mounting options for gear. The biggest selling point for me was the ability to mount mountain bikes to the side. They are up out of the way and much better protected than on the hitch. My bike is no where near cheap and safely carrying it into the back country is a major priority.

As far a protecting the gear in the bed, I have a tonneau for that. Everything is easily removable if I ever have to haul anything oversized.

So, there are many options but, different strokes for different folks. All that being said, I am seriously considering something like a Go Fast Camper or AT Overland Summit. They are very expensive though and I’d no longer be able to mount my bikes to the side.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Maddog:

Firet let me compliment your handle :)

Thank you for the well thought out answer. Very comprehensive. I’m in the same boat. Expensive bikes and gear but I’m in my 40s now and while I don’t mind just putting the seats up in the second row and catching sleep there, my honey and my daughter require some comfort if I ever want them to speak to me again :)

I’m considering the same options and yeah the caps are surprisingly expensive especially if you want any goodies

I’m still ambivalent but good to hear your thoughts

thanks!

Maddog88

Reaction score
Maddog:

Firet let me compliment your handle :)

Thank you for the well thought out answer. Very comprehensive. I’m in the same boat. Expensive bikes and gear but I’m in my 40s now and while I don’t mind just putting the seats up in the second row and catching sleep there, my honey and my daughter require some comfort if I ever want them to speak to me again :)

I’m considering the same options and yeah the caps are surprisingly expensive especially if you want any goodies

I’m still ambivalent but good to hear your thoughts

thanks!

The MD-88 was my first captain seat at my airline hence the Maddog. Anyway, I’m also in my mid-40’s with wife, kids and dog so, I choose a large RTT. most of the time it will be just me and maybe one daughter so, a cap and mattress would be just fine but, I always tend to go overkill.

This rig is actually downsizing for me. I had something nearly identical to a Black Series Dominator off-road camper but, even that got to be too much. I decided I wanted to be fully self contained. When I want to bug out all I have to do is stock my fridge, pack a duffel and load the bike.

PHFT

Reaction score
PHFT -

Maddog88 pretty much nailed it, truck caps are very pricey and the dealers I contacted wouldn't give a straight answer about how much weight the bed caps could handle which I didn't like. Plus the rack gives me the mounting options for my recover boards, axe and shovel and fuel and water packs and anything else I can think of . Another reason is this is my daily truck and I like that its just 4 bolts and my home made hoist and it comes right off and stores away in the garage and then I can put my soft roll up tonneau cover on. The whole "transition" from overland rig to daily driver only takes about 30 minutes.

PHFT

Reaction score
Good idea! I would put some cross bracing on it though. With the weight in the air, it wouldn't take much to get it out of square then on the ground.

Yeah there are some tweaks I need to do as I noticed it was bowing a bit, thanks for the tip!

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
system.

View attachment 65907 View attachment 65908 View attachment 65909 View attachment 65910
Super cool setup! I have a VERY similar setup on my 2020 (Not a rebel so not posting it in this thread and getting harassed haha) but check out my build thread in my sig.. I have the Tuff Stuff Alpha hard shell roof top tent and the Leitner Designs rack.. I opted to just leave it all on full time because taking it off and storing it seems like a nightmare.. my rack is also much more than 4 bolts.. Either way, good looking rig! Love seeing other Ram Overland trucks!

Roaminglost

Reaction score
I saw your truck on Super Pacific’s IG. Since you’re the guinea pig I’d love to hear your thoughts. One of my biggest concerns for these types of campers is the antenna. Is there enough clearance and can you still get satellite reception?
No blockage of signal! my satellite radio works great. This is the first production camper for the full-size trucks. they have gone through several prototypes. and of course, still working on improving things, so the people who get in on the "launch" will be taken care of down the road when / if things improve.

Users who are viewing this thread