5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your Rebel pics!

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For you guys with the light bar behind the skid plate grill... I'm thinking of adding one in the next couple weeks. Do you get any pattern affects or shadows on the ground? Must be some, right?

Downytide

Reaction score
Updated after putting on the 37s!
Normal height:

a35ceb5e78bbb6ddb32ed960c93c8e8e.jpg

It gives a Power Wagon vibe, any dip of acceleration?

Had to check out a fire route, thought the fall color is making things pretty.

0MUm7uB.jpg

clazer

Reaction score
It gives a Power Wagon vibe, any dip of acceleration?

Had to check out a fire route, thought the fall color is making things pretty.

0MUm7uB.jpg

Honestly, I thought the 3.92’s were too <short>. It accelerates a little slower now, but it still pulls plenty and it’s smoother.

Digging the foliage- it’s still summer here!

Last edited:

JHRebel

Reaction score
Honestly, I thought the 3.92’s were too tall. It accelerates a little slower now, but it still pulls plenty and it’s smoother.

Digging the foliage- it’s still summer here!
I recently moved to 35’s and I thought the 3.92’s were too tall as well, upping the tire size seemed to mellow it out in a good way imo.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you guys mean too short, if the gear is tall then it’s a long pull. By putting the larger tires on you are making the gears taller.

Udiaz1

Reaction score
Looks awesome, could you tell me more about your light bar, brand, install etc? Thanks!
I just measured in between the sensors and ordered a light bar to fit. I believe it's a 30" MicTunning Bar. Remove the protective shield behind sensors and make a cut out insert for your light bar.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For you guys with the light bar behind the skid plate grill... I'm thinking of adding one in the next couple weeks. Do you get any pattern affects or shadows on the ground? Must be some, right?
20190501_203051.jpg Honestly it doesn't make too much of a difference if you get a cheap bar. I ended up putting on a cheap bar but its very minimal light compared to the super bright OEM LEDS that the ram comes with. It puts my bar to shame lol so if you do put a bar behind the grill make sure to get a rigid or something with a good name. I like the light pods on the hood better because they spray more light to where my headlights and bar doesn't. I have them pointed at 45° angles

A muddy Rebel just as it should be. Love that graphic on the side! Did you get that made somewhere? Not for me, just curious... first I've seen one like that.

And those wheels are the Bizness!
Yea I've seen it on the 4th gen rams so I told my local wrap shop if he can design one and he came up with this one. It came out great! I like how its pretty subtle and kind of blends in. Not too exaggerated.

If you have to use chains on a truck you shouldn’t own one

I wouldn't know man lol I live in Southern California. Nothing but sand and dirt:p

Udiaz1

Reaction score

You do get a slight shadow and really not worth the time in fabricating brackets to hold light bar in place. All you need is the LED Pods with hood hinges to have more lighting when needed. I just added some Rigid DSS Pro series LED pods and they're bright that there is no need for me to turn on my light bar.

Rocky_MTN_Rebel

Reaction score
Udiaz1 How do you like your AFE cold air intake? Any noticeable difference? I can get one from a local shop for 30% off tight now so am considering grabbing one. I had one on my Gen 1 Raptor and it improved sound and throttle response.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You do get a slight shadow and really not worth the time in fabricating brackets to hold light bar in place. All you need is the LED Pods with hood hinges to have more lighting when needed. I just added some Rigid DSS Pro series LED pods and they're bright that there is no need for me to turn on my light bar.
I don't think the hood hinges and light pods will be a viable option mostly because I'm not sure how they'd fair going thru a car wash or dealing with road salt in the winter months.

The only nit-pick I have about the stock lights is that the high beams don't project as much on the ground directly in front of the truck compared to low-beams and the drive/fog lights do. I'm thinking a light bar above the skid plate... maybe an amber one... could be the solution I'm looking for.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Udiaz1 How do you like your AFE cold air intake? Any noticeable difference? I can get one from a local shop for 30% off tight now so am considering grabbing one. I had one on my Gen 1 Raptor and it improved sound and throttle response.
I have one. To be honest not worth the money. Didnt notice a big difference in exhaust sounds either like I did in my Sierra. I only paid 170 for mine tho so I'm what evers about it.

Udiaz1

Reaction score
I noticed improved in sound and throttle response right away. To bad California won't allow a whole intake system due to emissions. I believe it was worth the buy.

Udiaz1

Reaction score
I
I have one. To be honest not worth the money. Didnt notice a big difference in exhaust sounds either like I did in my Sierra. I only paid 170 for mine tho so I'm what evers about it.
I noticed my Carven Exhaust sound slightly louder and take off on mine improved too.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I noticed improved in sound and throttle response right away. To bad California won't allow a whole intake system due to emissions. I believe it was worth the buy.

Emissions test is only after you truck hits 4-5 years of age, and only then it's every other year. Just install the system you want and change it out before your smog test 5 years from now. Then put it back in after the test. From that point on, you only have to do it every 2 years.

Udiaz1

Reaction score
Emissions test is only after you truck hits 4-5 years of age, and only then it's every other year. Just install the system you want and change it out before your smog test 5 years from now. Then put it back in after the test. From that point on, you only have to do it every 2 years.
You got a good point there. thx Maybe after I sell this extra ReadyLift 2" Leveling Kit I just listed for sale. (y) Any suggestions on systems?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread