5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your Crew Cab 6’4 bed. (Official Longbed Thread)

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s not a long bed, this is a long bed!

lomgboi_970x546.jpg

DOFF

Reaction score
First day off-roading with the new 6112s and ridge grapplers at the Palomar Divide. I use the term “off-roading” loosely since it’s mainly Fire service roads but some fun washboards and a couple 4x4 areas.
DFD53E03-4E37-4A57-9470-74705DADA33E.jpeg
EE220DD8-EA10-4322-A4BD-1473937FC748.jpeg

TPA-RAM

Reaction score
Finally had time to get the Laramie sport rims on the truck and the falken 285/60r20. Need to level out that front.
4c09bf3a43d8637794572fe4f7ff3814.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What bed cover did you go with?

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
What bed cover did you go with?

Someone else on here sent me the following link. Topline Autopart Low Profile Tri Fold Hard Plastic Truck Bed Tonneau Cover For 19-20 & Up Dodge Ram 1500 New Body Style 6.4 Feet (76.8") Bed https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B087LSY...abc_TAJ2WF16WHS613H8RXRB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It has been reliable and dry. The only thing this cover has that bothers me is the first panel does not move. It is bolted down. It is flush with the bed.

JBV

Reaction score
honest question about what these beasts are like to drive and park? i have one on factory order. i currently drive a crew cab short box Frontier. the Ram will be substantially larger. i live in a small Cdn city and i've already figured there's certain parking lots in town that will be off limits with the new truck!

R.Duff

Reaction score
honest question about what these beasts are like to drive and park? i have one on factory order. i currently drive a crew cab short box Frontier. the Ram will be substantially larger. i live in a small Cdn city and i've already figured there's certain parking lots in town that will be off limits with the new truck!
I live in Vancouver and have a crew cab long box it's fine to park in the tiny city parking lot sizes. At times yeah you gotta just find one on the outside or corner but honestly ain't bad just depends on the stall sizes.

I can fit my truck in 99% of stalls and under ground spots, Driving in the city even with all the bike lanes and hippies it's fun and good to drive.

Also the turning circle and general drive of the Rams is waaaaay better than a frontier, we have them at work for loaners and they turn like busses. So you'll be fine, enjoy the new truck

Last edited:

JBV

Reaction score
you have a full size, crew cab, long box Ram................. IN VANCOUVER!?????!?!?!!!??????

holy crap. that is the most nutters place that i've ever driven by a long shot. and i lived in Toronto for a decade!!

R.Duff

Reaction score
you have a full size, crew cab, long box Ram................. IN VANCOUVER!?????!?!?!!!??????

holy crap. that is the most nutters place that i've ever driven by a long shot. and i lived in Toronto for a decade!!
Yea be glad you live on the island away from the **** drivers 🤣, enjoy the truck when it comes, never seen a olive green 1500 only seen a new 3500 looks pretty cool man.

JBV

Reaction score
even the dealer hasn't seen an olive green one. it is the least popular colour option and i read on this forum, no longer available. i still see it on the Ramtruck.ca site as an option though. there is an olive green nearby in a Gen 4 and it looks good to me. yes it's a subdued colour for sure, especially on a dull day but i'm not looking for flashy.

JBV

Reaction score
Rduff, i was thinking of putting the Lamin x on the headlights. how did it go for you? can you tell there's a film applied?

R.Duff

Reaction score
Rduff, i was thinking of putting the Lamin x on the headlights. how did it go for you? can you tell there's a film applied?
I ****ed up one headlight and had to order more lol. And no I can't tell it's on, I got the clear ones.

Just be super patient and follow instructions. Or take it to a tint shop if you tint your windows they'll probably do it super quick. The door cup film definitely stops the scratches to.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My GF never noticed it until I started pointing it out. Notice when you pull into every big box store…back of the parking lot are all of the HD pickups with 7-8 foot beds that Park At the back of the parking lot because they take up just over 1 space in length. Now that she’s noticed it she points it out every time. These things just barely overhang past the white line and it’s okay if you’re not in a city but beware of length / height for city parking garages. You might not fit.

Users who are viewing this thread