5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible to have power outlet in the bed?

FM45

Reaction score
@kosmos66 -- I ran the constant power wire along the frame body harness under the truck... it's in a protective mesh loom and it's zipped tied.
The new wire is protected by a circuit breaker...

-=FM45=-

MeyerzRam

Reaction score
CURT 56070 7-Foot Vehicle-Side Truck Bed 7-Pin Trailer Wiring Harness Extension, Select Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Nissan, Ram, Toyota , black https://a.co/d/j2jmhr4

Took about 30 mins to install. So simple and a clean look. Needed 12v for a large 12v cooler. Usually have my travel trailer plugged in the bumper. Now I can run both.

a23e3853bc07f5c0f6d0f40e030beb5b.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In case anyone's interested this is how I did mine:
I ran 8 gauge power and ground from the battery, follow along the frame, up the bed into this "distribution box" that I made.
1682310112354.png 1682310329565.jpeg

I have Blue Sea fuse panel for the switches (to complete the circuit) and a Blue Sea Grounded Fuse Block because that's what I have on hand use as ground (yes, I used a grounded fuse block as ground terminal)
Plus, I figured if I want to I can always add more stuff to it.
I also house my solar controller inside as well.
1682310528393.png
I use this to power red LED strip tucked under my RTT as general camp light. Red is easier on the eyes in darkness and does not attract flying insects.
1682310587895.png
The box also controls white "cooking lights," which are 20 LEDs placed on top of the tailgate area when the tailgate is down.
This is because I can't tell how cooked a piece of steak is with red lights, since red lights make everything... red.

I also have a 12v outlet on the ammo can as well, also switched. The whole housing is installed on to the bed rails.

Users who are viewing this thread