5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible FIX! Speaking Your Own Voice-to-Text Reply on Uconnect

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree. I have no issues with Android Auto. It's just that I would love to be able to sue the really big 12" nav map when driving and not always have to go to the 1/2 screen map for AA. And on top of not being able to use the great big pretty map, it's a kick in the balls having to plug in the USB to use the phone, and place it right on top of the cool effortless wifi charging station. Damn, that's TWICE!! lol 2 great features they build into the truck that are made useless because of this - having to plug phones in and go 1/2 screen AA or Carplay

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree. I have no issues with Android Auto. It's just that I would love to be able to sue the really big 12" nav map when driving and not always have to go to the 1/2 screen map for AA. And on top of not being able to use the great big pretty map, it's a kick in the balls having to plug in the USB to use the phone, and place it right on top of the cool effortless wifi charging station. ****, that's TWICE!! lol 2 great features they build into the truck that are made useless because of this - having to plug phones in and go 1/2 screen AA or Carplay
I believe the new TSB for the radio is supposed to resolve the VR recognition. Not holding my breath but that’s what I read.

Ctgasman

Reaction score
Any update on voice to text using Uconnect? Someone on another forum said it was disabled for safety reasons which doesn't make sense to me, if it will read an incoming received text to me why can't I be able to speak a reply text back??? Very frustrated after spending the extra money for this system.

mtucker65

Reaction score
My 2017 UConnect voice to text works great, I bought a 19 for my wife, who used to drive the 17, and you can imagine the phone calls I receive........this don't work, that don't work .....WTF is wrong with this truck? I can't make calls because it won't recognize my voice and\or find my contacts! I don't have voice to text and can't respond to text's while driving! Texting is more common than phone calls these days (sad but true), not being able to respond to a text with a simple voice response means you have to pick up the phone and call, dictate to your phone or unfortunately text back on some occasions.

Bubba33

Reaction score
There needs to be a fix for this. My 14 worked and my 16 worked. Android auto sucks and with the new galaxy s 9 update. Android auto doesn't work right. Ill never pay for uconnect again unless they fix this.

eddiehemi

Reaction score
There needs to be a fix for this. My 14 worked and my 16 worked. Android auto sucks and with the new galaxy s 9 update. Android auto doesn't work right. Ill never pay for uconnect again unless they fix this.

I'm having the same problem with mine. My '16 Uconnect in my Charger worked amazing with talk to text. This new system is horrible with it due to only being allowed to have preset messages. Android Auto isn't the best when hooked up due to my phone being in the console sitting in the phone holder. It seems as if it has to run through the phone mic in lieu of the truck mic. This is one of the biggest let downs on this truck for me.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I have my phone plugged in and running android auto, I can hold the speak button and the google assistant pops up and does voice to text or whatever. AFAIK this is how Siri works on apple too..

The first time you try it there will be a message on your phone saying you need to give it permissions and such.

you'll know it works as you will get the four colored dots dancing on the screen.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If I have my phone plugged in and running android auto, I can hold the speak button and the google assistant pops up and does voice to text or whatever. AFAIK this is how Siri works on apple too..

The first time you try it there will be a message on your phone saying you need to give it permissions and such.

you'll know it works as you will get the four colored dots dancing on the screen.
Yes...Siri works the same

Steve48329

Reaction score
I went from a 2015 jeep GC to 2021 and lost the voice rely to text after a month of emails FCA says that when they changed form Harmon kardin radios to Panasonic they lost the native voice to text feature - only android auto and iphone assistant works now .

yellowboy

Reaction score
Bringing this back up- I am confused about all the above posts. My friend and I have the same phone- a Samsung Galaxy S10. He has a small screen and I have a big screen Limited. He can voice to text on his but I cannot on mine. Is it because of the different radios ? Google says our phones do not support Google Assistant. Any suggestions ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/