5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor gas mileage

Rump2022

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Limited with the 5.7 and the best highway gas mileage that I get is 13.5 miles per US gallon. With my last truck, 2015 Laramie Longhorn, 5.7 I was getting 21 plus miles per gallon. Dealer said my truck is ok……right. Gas price here in Manitoba, Canada is $5.75 per US gallon.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Limited with the 5.7 and the best highway gas mileage that I get is 13.5 miles per US gallon. With my last truck, 2015 Laramie Longhorn, 5.7 I was getting 21 plus miles per gallon. Dealer said my truck is ok……right. Gas price here in Manitoba, Canada is $5.75 per US gallon.
I never got worse than that in city driving. Generally 14 -14.5 city, 18-19 at 75-80. I just filled up for $2.98, but did see $3.34 at some stations, 200 mile trip.

Rump2022

Reaction score
I never got worse than that in city driving. Generally 14 -14.5 city, 18-19 at 75-80. I just filled up for $2.98, but did see $3.34 at some stations, 200 mile trip.
I have 3000 km on this truck and it’s been nothing but one problem after the other. Really regret staying with Ram.

6of36

Reaction score
I have 3000 km on this truck and it’s been nothing but one problem after the other. Really regret staying with Ram.
I'm going on my sixth, and never had anything go wrong on any of them, other than a wheel speed sensor on one, and the plastic rear bumper top warp on one. A couple minor recalls, that when checked, mine didn't need repair. My only problem is the new one at the dealer. Was supposed to have trailer surround system, but doesn't. I may reorder, because I really wanted that.

Rump2022

Reaction score
I'm going on my sixth, and never had anything go wrong on any of them, other than a wheel speed sensor on one, and the plastic rear bumper top warp on one. A couple minor recalls, that when checked, mine didn't need repair. My only problem is the new one at the dealer. Was supposed to have trailer surround system, but doesn't. I may reorder, because I really wanted that.
I guess I’m the lucky one because seems I got the one with the problems. My 2015 was ok except for the air ride suspension, I ended up changing it over to springs was ok after that. This is my second Ram, always had Ford before.

6of36

Reaction score
I guess I’m the lucky one because seems I got the one with the problems. My 2015 was ok except for the air ride suspension, I ended up changing it over to springs was ok after that. This is my second Ram, always had Ford before.
Every manufacturer puts out a bad one once in a while. My brother drives a Ram. His Ford had a bad a/c system. It was when they first changed to 1234yz. First time he took it in, the dealer said they couldn't work on it, they couldn't afford the special tools. Had to go to another dealer. They fixed it. 6 months later it broke. They replaced something else. Every spring it would break again. When warranty ended, he had to pay over $1,000 to fix it. 6 months later it broke again. Another $1,000 and he traded it for his Ram.

Rump2022

Reaction score
Every manufacturer puts out a bad one once in a while. My brother drives a Ram. His Ford had a bad a/c system. It was when they first changed to 1234yz. First time he took it in, the dealer said they couldn't work on it, they couldn't afford the special tools. Had to go to another dealer. They fixed it. 6 months later it broke. They replaced something else. Every spring it would break again. When warranty ended, he had to pay over $1,000 to fix it. 6 months later it broke again. Another $1,000 and he traded it for his Ram.
When I saw the 2015 Ram I really liked the looks and how it performed when I test drove i. Same with the 2022, only thing is after I signed the papers and took possession of the truck I never made it out of the dealers parking lot. The 12” screen went dead when the sales person was just about to show me all the features, so into the shop it went for a couple of hours. Got 10 kilometres out and same problem, anyway still having problems with it. 400 kilometres later they had to give me a new battery. 1800 kilometres and my air suspension deflats after sitting for 3 hours. Asked them to give me another truck, they had an identical one on the lot. They wanted $14000 more to do that. My truck is a used truck so they would have to treat as such. Decided I’ll start dealing at a different Ram dealership. I always had Ford F-150 trucks and never had trouble with any of them. Wanted to try something different and at the time the Ram was quite appealing.

6of36

Reaction score
When I saw the 2015 Ram I really liked the looks and how it performed when I test drove i. Same with the 2022, only thing is after I signed the papers and took possession of the truck I never made it out of the dealers parking lot. The 12” screen went dead when the sales person was just about to show me all the features, so into the shop it went for a couple of hours. Got 10 kilometres out and same problem, anyway still having problems with it. 400 kilometres later they had to give me a new battery. 1800 kilometres and my air suspension deflats after sitting for 3 hours. Asked them to give me another truck, they had an identical one on the lot. They wanted $14000 more to do that. My truck is a used truck so they would have to treat as such. Decided I’ll start dealing at a different Ram dealership. I always had Ford F-150 trucks and never had trouble with any of them. Wanted to try something different and at the time the Ram was quite appealing.
Is the 12" UC4 or UC5? I know UC5 is very buggy. My Durango UC5 went screwy one time and had to take it in. Fine since.

Rump2022

Reaction score
It’s 5, still having some glitches with it. Plan to make an appointment with a different dealer and see what they can do. Also have them check the suspension since where I bought the truck couldn’t find the problem.

6of36

Reaction score
It’s 5, still having some glitches with it. Plan to make an appointment with a different dealer and see what they can do. Also have them check the suspension since where I bought the truck couldn’t find the problem.
There is a thread on here for doing upgrades. I think you download on a computer to a flash drive, then stick the flash drive in the usb jack. Just search radio upgrade to find all the info.

6of36

Reaction score
You're in Metro Detroit? What city?
I've lived in multiple. I'm actually in northern lower now, but lived and still have kids in northern suburbs. Macomb, Shelby, Sterling Heights, Clinton Twp. Grew up in Warren.

jabara572

Reaction score
Thought id update, now with 55k miles on it, I average a consistent 17-18 mpg, about 50% highway, 50% suburban/city-ish roads, and I am 2" levelled on 35's.

5.7 non-etorque Rebel quad cab. Flowmaster Outlaws, no resonators, AEM dryflow panel. I think i get great mileage for what it is.

I will say, i actively lift off the throttle to keep ECO on as much as possible, that's definitely worth ~2mpg.

6of36

Reaction score
Thought id update, now with 55k miles on it, I average a consistent 17-18 mpg, about 50% highway, 50% suburban/city-ish roads, and I am 2" levelled on 35's.

5.7 non-etorque Rebel quad cab. Flowmaster Outlaws, no resonators, AEM dryflow panel. I think i get great mileage for what it is.

I will say, i actively lift off the throttle to keep ECO on as much as possible, that's definitely worth ~2mpg.
That is pretty good for a leveled truck. The reason they have the nose lower, is for mileage. I saw a post by someone on the forums, that leveling cost him almost 2 MPG.

jabara572

Reaction score
That is pretty good for a leveled truck. The reason they have the nose lower, is for mileage. I saw a post by someone on the forums, that leveling cost him almost 2 MPG.

It did cost about that, my truck was always a freak of nature. Only one or two ever posted the same mpg as me. Have to look back at my posts but IIRC stock it was getting over 21+ on the highway.

Users who are viewing this thread