5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor gas mileage

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Idk if any of yall have fixed the issue but I got a 2020 ram 1500 5.7 hemi no e torque sport edition. I was seeing the same low mpg. I changed my ambient air temperature sensor and I instantly gained 5+ mpg. Idk if it was just so weird kink with my truck of something. It's worth a shot tho. Like a 15 dollar part easy install in 5 mins. Goodluck
It’s this just a thermometer for the readout in the radio? I don’t think it has anything to do with the engine.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish so. I always lose some MPG when going to post ;) Must be those beefy 3.92s I got.
Hey dog, you got that right. Everybody makes mistakes. 👆

There are some that pull numbers out there a$$. Numbers that make people think there is something wrong with their truck. Cruising, momentary mpg and such.
You are one of the few probably that talk true numbers 🫵

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm told if you hookup a tesla battery with 3.21 gears you have a perpetual motion machine.
You and MW, just let it out.

It feels good to release. Now. Now. Good.

I have heard from someone that knows Elon that he is using a 3.21 with a battery in the updated prototype luner rover. For reasons you speak of.

Exciting times.

Y’all go get some gas. I have to defuel.

massram21

Reaction score
That's a really good point, perhaps that's why my son's averages are 2-3 below mine. He likes to remote start from the house and waits for like 5-10 minutes till everything is all defrosted, warm and toasty, then he drives. I will start, wait 1 minute or so then just drive out from my neighborhood (about a mile) slowly (<20) so that it gets warmed up before I get on the 50 mph county highway. Idling does really chop it down.
my 2021 5.7 torque went from avg past 2 years at 13.8 in winter and 16.3 ish in summer to as of this winter starting in oct to 11.2 . reading threads sounds like maybe i should bring to dealer but afraid they will charge me and do nothing say normal ,only 19000 miles

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
my 2021 5.7 torque went from avg past 2 years at 13.8 in winter and 16.3 ish in summer to as of this winter starting in oct to 11.2 . reading threads sounds like maybe i should bring to dealer but afraid they will charge me and do nothing say normal ,only 19000 miles
Why post the same thing here here if you just made another thread asking the same thing? Getting poor mpg could be almost anything. Fill up your tank, drive on the highway for an hour, then fill up and manual calc .

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Check the air filter?

smkt404

Reaction score
Searching back through this thread & others, most notice an increase in ECO mode frequency at 5-6,000mi. I'm sitting at 8,700 with zero increase in ECO mode frequency since driving it off the Mark Dodge lot at 11mi. I would have to think it'd be broken in by now unless Ram changed the programming on when to fully unleash ECO mode or possibly dialed it back considerably due to complaints of vibration & noise when it does active.
Any better now?

massram21

Reaction score
Why post the same thing here here if you just made another thread asking the same thing? Getting poor mpg could be almost anything. Fill up your tank, drive on the highway for an hour, then fill up and manual calc .
only posted once

Users who are viewing this thread