5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please recommend 20” All-terrain favorites - the Duelers are awful!

Choate

Reaction score
With a positive offset wheel or stock wheels without spacers, I would agree...33's look too small. I've even seen some 34's and 35's that looked pretty weak because of a non-aggressive stance. A good looking aftermarket wheel with a negative offset with 33's looks perfect IMO. I've had my setup for 6+ months and I haven't wished for 1 second that I had bigger tires.

View attachment 115763
I’ve seen your truck before. It’s actually one of the best looking ones I’ve seen. I’ve got fuel wheels 20x9 w 1 offset. It looks good don’t get me wrong but I think with another 1.5” of lift they might look too small but I’ve thought of adding the RC 1/4” spacers making my wheels more like -5 offset. I don’t want to switch wheels or tires but I might switch the tires if someone buys mine. Maybe I’ll just be satisfied w my 2” level but probably not lol. Is that what yours is? Looks higher than mine but that’s what your signature says. Maybe it’s a 2.5” level?

BilletMotoRam

Reaction score
Can’t leave out Toyo AT3, & the Cooper rugged treks look pretty darn good too!!

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve seen your truck before. It’s actually one of the best looking ones I’ve seen. I’ve got fuel wheels 20x9 w 1 offset. It looks good don’t get me wrong but I think with another 1.5” of lift they might look too small but I’ve thought of adding the RC 1/4” spacers making my wheels more like -5 offset. I don’t want to switch wheels or tires but I might switch the tires if someone buys mine. Maybe I’ll just be satisfied w my 2” level but probably not lol. Is that what yours is? Looks higher than mine but that’s what your signature says. Maybe it’s a 2.5” level?
Thanks. It's a 2" ReadyLift. My driveway has a slope and twist, so it looks taller in the front in that pic. Any more than 2" makes 33's look too small.

20211108_114545.jpg

Bob.

Reaction score
I had a set of KO2's on my last truck. I loved the tires. Wear was good and winter traction was superb.

On the BFGoodrich website, I looked for KO2's. The size 275/55 R20 was not listed so I emailed them. Their reply email was BFGoodrich doesn't recommend the tire on a Ram 1500, that's why they are not listed. A D rated tire on a 1500 4X4 is too much tire?

I will order KO'2 for the truck without even thinking about it . $265 a tire is a lot, but I don't need to sit in a snow bank over night with garbage highway thread tires on my truck.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can never have too much tire.

It will be a personal decision based on budget, use, looks, and feel (the higher the rating the firmer the sidewall...and ride).

My last truck was an HD diesel (7800 lbs empty) with 3.73 in the rear so an E-rated tire was a no-brainer. Since it was a diesel I could easily upsize a bit with no change in performance or economy with 600+ lb-ft on tap at 1600 RPM.

With my 3.21 rear and gas engine I'm not interested in "beefing up" or oversizing. Besides the extra cost I will definitely feel it in the driver's seat (10+ extra lbs of tire to turn) and in my wallet (fuel economy will go down with ~50 extra lbs to keep rotating), even more so if I upsize.

If I had 3.92s in the chunk I would stay OEM-sized but definitely be open to the possibility of an E-rated tire (the Rebel has them) as the shorter gears would offset most of my concerns and give me more than a handful of decent tire choices.

Last edited:

raj

Reaction score
I am very pleased with my Yokohama X-AT 285/60-20's on factory 20" chrome wheels with 1/4" RC spacers. 17k miles. Good wear with rotation and real ancestors every 5k miles. Quiet for an offroad tire.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

raj

Reaction score
Just learning how to post pictures
d56f2a782da2dcb3640adb1dc4753633.jpg

Bob.

Reaction score
I went to the shop today. Prices are going crazy. KO2 $306 plus tax. Plus they are having nationwide shortages. So I don't know if they will have them tomorrow or in a few months. Maybe I will throw them into the basement and mount them for next season.

I got snow falling now. Let's see how the highway tires do taking me home...

Bob.

Reaction score
Hows the ride and sound?
Mine go on tomorrow morning. Shop is sick with covid and postponed me 2 days ...

raj

Reaction score
At 17,000 miles you can barely hear them. The ride is incredibly smooth. Moma prefers the truck over her Buick Enclave.

poole24

Reaction score
With a positive offset wheel or stock wheels without spacers, I would agree...33's look too small. I've even seen some 34's and 35's that looked pretty weak because of a non-aggressive stance. A good looking aftermarket wheel with a negative offset with 33's looks perfect IMO. I've had my setup for 6+ months and I haven't wished for 1 second that I had bigger tires.

View attachment 115763
What size level and offset is on your aftermarket wheels?

mxz

Reaction score
Hows the ride and sound?
Mine go on tomorrow morning. Shop is sick with covid and postponed me 2 days ...
Can't compare to the stock Duelers as I didn't drive the truck with them. Last truck was a 2019 Rebel with Duratracs and I have always likes the KO2's better(have had KO2's on a few trucks). Duratracs get really noisy when they get some miles on them.

Bob.

Reaction score
KO2 tires.jpg

I've joined the KO2 club finally. Let it snow. These tires just laugh at snow on the roads.
The little shop I go to, 2 out of 3 guys have covid so I helped the kid out and let him
run the tire machine and I did the un-mounting and mounting on the truck. When we finished,
I took it up to 80 to see if they are going to vibrate, they are smooth as glass, with just a 1 out of 10 harder on the road. No road noise either. I will lower the air pressure to 45 that should help that a little as my indicator on the dash said they were 48PSI. I'm very pleased with this set. Even the weights he added were small looking. A positive experience.

Dirtdoc

Reaction score
Just learning how to post pictures
d56f2a782da2dcb3640adb1dc4753633.jpg

I think the 285/60/20 is the perfect size for these. Yours look great. I have 275/60/20's on my 21 limited. Would like to go up to your size but I hate LT tires as 99% of the time they are unnecssary, meaning the p metrics aired up to carry max load are very sufficient for what most of us do. I know this is very subjective but when you put those on how much did the ride change. I know it changed because that size is an lt tire and it is heavier than stock. So they will not be as smooth as stock. I guess I am looking for a real truthful answer ie, feel the bumps more or mpg"s took a big hit or? Thank you and again yours looks perfect.

RodRow

Reaction score
I have been running the Nitto 295/55R20 Ridge Grapplers on stock rims on my truck since new. I love them! Still very quiet with 33k miles on them and tread is holding up nicely. Are they as quiet as stock? No, but I love the look and traction and wear. They are a little heavy, but I’m not a lead foot, so it doesn’t bother me. :)

raj

Reaction score
I think the 285/60/20 is the perfect size for these. Yours look great. I have 275/60/20's on my 21 limited. Would like to go up to your size but I hate LT tires as 99% of the time they are unnecssary, meaning the p metrics aired up to carry max load are very sufficient for what most of us do. I know this is very subjective but when you put those on how much did the ride change. I know it changed because that size is an lt tire and it is heavier than stock. So they will not be as smooth as stock. I guess I am looking for a real truthful answer ie, feel the bumps more or mpg"s took a big hit or? Thank you and again yours looks perfect.
I only had the stock tires on for less than a week before the switch. The difference in ride is almost imperceptible. I am running the pressure at 37psi. There was about a 2mpg drop in milage at cruising speed but the mpg is still impressive. This truck rides so nice its amazing. The bottom line is this. My charming bride prefers driving the truck over her Buick Enclave. She drove it from here in Arizona to Montana when we moved the son up there last summer. She loves it.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Cooper Discoverer AT3
275/60/20.

I have had them for 10k miles. Like the ride, look, winter rating and price at the time.

Michelin's are good too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
View attachment 119541

Last edited:

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Cooper Discoverer AT3
275/60/20.

I have had them for 10k miles. Like the ride, look, winter rating and price at the time.

Michelin's are good too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Nice! I'll be going with the same identical Coopers when I upgrade in a few weeks. I think a 60 tall tire will really help fill in the wheel well.

Users who are viewing this thread