5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of 295/60/r20

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you having any abs/ traction control engagement issues on sweeping turns?????
I am having ESC/traction control engagement on sharper turns as well since adding lift and 35's. Do you have a lift or just bigger tires? I can't figure out why this is happening for the life of me. There are a few other guys on here with the same issue.

rzims

Reaction score
How are you aware of the issues? Can you hear/feel them or are you getting a warning light?
I have a 2" level and the tires, but can't feel/hear any issues and am not getting any alerts...

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How are you aware of the issues? Can you hear/feel them or are you getting a warning light?
I have a 2" level and the tires, but can't feel/hear any issues and am not getting any alerts...
I can feel the ABS kicking on and in some cases the engine reduces power and the traction control light flashes. Its usually entering a more aggressive turn at speeds about 39 or higher like when getting exiting or entering highways i.e cloverleaf

Kevin O'Leary

Reaction score
Nice looking truck, love the wheels...looking at same ones. How are they to clean up?
Thanks a lot! And they're so new I have'nt gotten arround to cleaning them thoroughly.

They seem to clean up good through the carwash though! Here's a close up, maybe it'll help!

I don't think they'll be challenging to get clean at all...

Attachments

• 20200323_115431.jpg
    20200323_115431.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 220
  • 20200326_121328.jpg
    20200326_121328.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 225

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks a lot! And they're so new I have'nt gotten arround to cleaning them thoroughly.

They seem to clean up good through the carwash though! Here's a close up, maybe it'll help!

I don't think they'll be challenging to get clean at all...
Thanks for posting more pics. I like those alot. Time to start saving ha.

RAMfan123

Reaction score
I can feel the ABS kicking on and in some cases the engine reduces power and the traction control light flashes. Its usually entering a more aggressive turn at speeds about 39 or higher like when getting exiting or entering highways i.e cloverleaf
I'm having this issue, very frustrating and haven't found a solution. I decided to create an account today to discuss and see if someone has a fix. I'm getting no lights and no stored codes just a pedal engagement and a jerk/vibration of the steering wheel.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm having this issue, very frustrating and haven't found a solution. I decided to create an account today to discuss and see if someone has a fix. I'm getting no lights and no stored codes just a pedal engagement and a jerk/vibration of the steering wheel.
I saw you posted in the "stiffer springs" thread as well. I will reply in that thread since it just makes more sense to discuss there.

Hpatel

Reaction score
Does this rub? I am want to do 295/60/20 on my ram limited but not sure. I don’t have the ORP group either so trying to see.

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
I would think it would rub at full lock with no type of leveling kit. I had 295/60/r20 Toyo MTs with bilsteins set at 2.1 on the stock 20in wheels on my 15 ram sport not rub at all was a great size tire looked perfect!

PDKRam.JPG

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Does this rub? I am want to do 295/60/20 on my ram limited but not sure. I don’t have the ORP group either so trying to see.
FWIW I am running this size tire on my Limited. While I do have ORP, my tires do not rub even in aero mode on the air ride. That said, I think the ultimate factor will be what type of wheels you intend to use - I purposely went with -12mm offset to combat possible rubbing issues. Hope this helps.

Hpatel

Reaction score
FWIW I am running this size tire on my Limited. While I do have ORP, my tires do not rub even in aero mode on the air ride. That said, I think the ultimate factor will be what type of wheels you intend to use - I purposely went with -12mm offset to combat possible rubbing issues. Hope this helps.
Thank you

Nick57

Reaction score
I've order some 295/60r20 Baja Boss A/t's I'm going to mount on my factory rims. I do have the ORG and AirRide with no lift. When ever they eventually show up I'll post up pictures. :)

natehawes

Reaction score
I've order some 295/60r20 Baja Boss A/t's I'm going to mount on my factory rims. I do have the ORG and AirRide with no lift. When ever they eventually show up I'll post up pictures. :)
Did you get these tires mounted up? Very interested to see both that tire and that size on the limited air ride. I‘m going to order these tires soon, just trying to finalize the size.

Nick57

Reaction score
Did you get these tires mounted up? Very interested to see both that tire and that size on the limited air ride. I‘m going to order these tires soon, just trying to finalize the size.
The tires I ended up ordering are actually 35x12.50r20. The tires I wanted in the 295/60r20 are currently on back order and I don't want to wait. lol They should be in between tomorrow and thursday. I'll post pictures before and after once they're on and mounted. I'm going to try to fit them with out spacers. If I need them to clear my uca then i'll be putting them on. I'll put in the post if i needed them or not. :)

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
2" Level with 1" out back of lift (Truck is a NON ORP truck, Laramie Sport...may do a 1" Motofab puck in the rear if needed for hauling/towing). Looking at doing 285/60R20 but really feeling the 295/60R20. Stock Laramie Sport wheels. Do they clear the front upper control arm just fine? I will eventually upgrade my uppers. But my tires are toast and I have to get the suspension done and get tires asap. Thank you in advance

Nick57

Reaction score
2" Level with 1" out back of lift (Truck is a NON ORP truck, Laramie Sport...may do a 1" Motofab puck in the rear if needed for hauling/towing). Looking at doing 285/60R20 but really feeling the 295/60R20. Stock Laramie Sport wheels. Do they clear the front upper control arm just fine? I will eventually upgrade my uppers. But my tires are toast and I have to get the suspension done and get tires asap. Thank you in advance
yes the 295/60r20's will clear just fine. We use this size all the time for customers who want to retain their factory wheels. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread